E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Aero Splitter Install

04-26-2012, 11:20 AM   #1
Guvernator
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i SE Cabriolet

Aero Splitter Install

I've recently purchased an aero front splitter for my SE. This is the one that slots over the existing bumper to give it the more aggressive look but I just need to find a decent bodyshop who can fit it but I seem to be having a bit of bother.

I've either had people taking the p*ss on the quotes on what is a very simple paint and install. Just because I drive a BMW, they seem to think it's a licence for them to try to rip me off.

Or

I get, we can't fit a front splitter, is it a genuine part, spoilers are too much trouble etc etc.

So can anyone recommend a decent but reasonably priced bodyshop who can do a simple aero splitter install in the North London area?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2012, 12:25 PM   #2
Subzero2003
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

honestly, the splitter fitting is very easy. I bought my splitter from BMW and I think they charged about £60 to pre spray it. Just check under your front bumper that all of the screws that hold the undertray to the bumper are intact. If they are - great success! This means it'll take about 30mins to fit. If the front end of the car has been caught on low kerbs by its previous owner (like my had!!) the screws may have been ripped out which will make the fitting that much more difficult depending on how many screws have been ripped out.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2012, 12:53 PM   #3
cage911
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e93 Msport

Give BX Motors a call on 02088077468 and ask for Brian. Say Nick recommended him to you. They are based in the Eley Trading Estate near the Coca Cola factory in Edmonton.
      04-26-2012, 01:56 PM   #4
acerboo
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: e92 335d lci

easy diy fit using double sided 3M tape needs to people though
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2012, 03:05 PM   #5
Guvernator
Captain
Rep

Thanks for the advice chaps. I know it's a pretty straight forward install which is why I refuse the pay some of the silly prices I am being quoted at the moment. I'll try some of the suggestions here. Pics will be up as soon as I get it done.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2012, 03:32 PM   #6
Mike in Hampshire
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: None at present!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guvernator View Post
Thanks for the advice chaps. I know it's a pretty straight forward install which is why I refuse the pay some of the silly prices I am being quoted at the moment. I'll try some of the suggestions here. Pics will be up as soon as I get it done.
Guvernator, where did you source it? I presume it's genuine BMW, right? And can I ask the cost?
Look forward to the pics.
Mike.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 03:47 AM   #7
Guvernator
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Hampshire View Post
Guvernator, where did you source it? I presume it's genuine BMW, right? And can I ask the cost?
Look forward to the pics.
Mike.
Took advice from fellow forumites on here and ordered one from SSSD Motorsport. It took a few weeks for it to arrive as they order them from Germany. I don't think it's an "official" BMW item but it is identical in every way. Same poleyurethene plastic as the original and it all looks like it lines up perfectly. In fact I'd be surpised if they didn't order it from the same place BMW do. The only difference as far as I can see is the price. It was about £100 cheaper than the genuine item. About £170 IIRC.
Appreciate 0