E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > 2006 325i Base - All of the errors! - DTC, ABS, TPM, Tansmission, SES all together

04-20-2016, 02:42 PM   #1
snacks
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Base

2006 325i Base - All of the errors! - DTC, ABS, TPM, Tansmission, SES all together

This has happened a few times now and I am pretty concerned.

The first time, I had the DTC, ABS, TPM, Service Engine Soon, AND Transmission fault all in one go as I was driving.

After this initial barrage of warnings, the Tire Pressure and Brake (yellow brake symbol ((!)) ) go away, but DTC, ABS (yellow "BRAKE" text), SES and red transmission fault warnings remain.

This resulted in the trans going into limp mode - stuck in one gear.

I stopped, shut the car down for a while, started it again, and it was fine, but the SES light remained.

These are the codes I currently have:

P1727 - "Manufacturer Defined" - Google says it's something with the drivetrain
P0102 - Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Low Input
P0113 - Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1 Circuit High
P111F - Ambient Air Temperature sensor (according to Google)
P0335 - Crankshaft Position Sensor "A" Circuit
P0700 - Transmission Control

I should also note that my battery has died several times in the last couple weeks due to my own absent mindedness - leaving the lights on. I checked out my battery and the indicator circle is not green anymore.

A similar scenario used to happen with the TPM and Brake warnings coming on not long after I got the car, and it turned out one of the terminals was loose. Had no issues after tightening it, but I'm thinking maybe my battery is on its way out now.

Could all of these faults be caused by a battery with an insufficient charge? I'm wondering if simply replacing the battery would fix these issues.

I'm looking for some direction on where to start rooting out all of these faults.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2016, 02:45 AM   #2
kkasson
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 328i, 08 BMW 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by snacks View Post
Could all of these faults be caused by a battery with an insufficient charge? I'm wondering if simply replacing the battery would fix these issues.

I'm looking for some direction on where to start rooting out all of these faults.
Yes, absolutely. If you have multiple unrelated faults at the same time, it's almost always an electrical issue. Replace the battery (test it first, but if it's more than a couple years old then it's most likely ready to be replaced) and make sure it's registered correctly.
Appreciate 0