E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > New To Detailing

07-09-2013, 01:27 PM   #23
Zero_09
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 07 E90, 2011 E90

I'm not quite sure but with dried paint dropping you need to wetsand to smooth it out. Then follow up with compounding/polishing to get it all nice a shiny again.

Check out these articles

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ory-paint.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...mpsanding.html

Other articles by Mike Philips here
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-phillips.html

There's a wealth of information there but I do not order stuff from there unless they got good BOGO items. Most of their prices are higher or more than the small competitors like ADS, Autoality, and few other. What they do have is a broad range of products.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2013, 03:40 PM   #24
vrooom23
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328i Coupe

The articles do a great job at explaining the concepts of paint but i'm still quite unsure how to get rid of the dried paint droppings.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2013, 06:05 PM   #25
Zero_09
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 07 E90, 2011 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrooom23 View Post
The articles do a great job at explaining the concepts of paint but i'm still quite unsure how to get rid of the dried paint droppings.
Honestly base on my experience you can try wetsanding but I'll be very careful or get a professional to do it. You can also try calling around for any local detailers and ask them about that and see what they can do. Take some pictures of it also.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2013, 06:39 PM   #26
psnt1ol
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrooom23 View Post

So i got my bumper repainted but on one part of the car theres excessive paint like a dried paint dripping down you know? can i polish that down to make it flat again with a polisher or what?

Thanks!
You should try to bring the car back to the body shop who did the re-spray. This sounds like a run. They most likely have to sand it down and repaint it. Was it the clear coat that ran or was it the base coat????