E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > 2005 Mini for sale

04-07-2019, 11:05 AM   #1
Balr14
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i

2005 Mini for sale

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Here's the story... I bought this rather well worn Mini about a 16 months ago because I needed a beater to commute with over extremely bad urban streets, through a lousy area of Milwaukee and park in a really bad parking structure. The car served it's purpose and that contract has ended now, so it is no longer needed. The car is a base model Mini coupe with 5 speed manual.
Here's the good:

It only has 83k miles, so it's good for at least that much more.

The engine, transmission and clutch are in good condition and burns no oil.

Everything works... except maybe the air conditioner.

The body has no major dings.

The tires are nearly new.

It has been a daily driver, so it runs fine.

Here's the bad:
The commute over really bad streets has not been kind. It needs a sway bar bushing and struts for sure, maybe other suspension work.

It has a warped rotor in the front.

It has a fair amount of rust, mostly around the taillights.

Multiple sources list the value of this Mini at $2600. I don't think I would feel right about selling it for that much, so if anyone in the Milwaukee area wants it, I will sell it for $1600. Otherwise, I already have offers from several salvage companies. It seems a shame to sell it as salvage, but Minis seem to bring decent salvage prices. So, I'll keep this ad open for a few days, in case anyone wants it.

Just an FYI... I paid $3200 for it, and have had repairs to the rear brakes, added a new steering column and had the power steering pump fixed.

Last edited by Balr14; 04-07-2019 at 11:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2019, 06:49 PM   #2
porsche959
Banned
Rep
Drives: porsche

pics?
Appreciate 0