E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > can i get 7 digit post code with CCC navigation?

10-15-2014, 09:58 AM   #1
dy63
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30

can i get 7 digit post code with CCC navigation?

CCC navigation has taken me to wrong place many times this is because of 5 digit post code. even when i enter my road name there maybe multiple and always end up in wrong place

Can i update my CCC to have 7 digits or isit only something that can be done on CIC
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 10:04 AM   #2
Waspo
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: E90 330i M Sport, Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupraraj View Post
CCC navigation has taken me to wrong place many times this is because of 5 digit post code. even when i enter my road name there maybe multiple and always end up in wrong place

Can i update my CCC to have 7 digits or isit only something that can be done on CIC
If you are on DVD CCC Sat Nav, then YES. Just need to update your Maps to 2014. Google BMW Sat Nav updates. Cost for a reliable service is approx £25. It is a "Copy" service, but works. Just remove old DVD and insert New DVD and follow instructions to obtain 7 digit postcode search.

Did this on My CCC before upgrading to CIC!
      10-15-2014, 10:05 AM   #3
dy63
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspo View Post
If you are on DVD CCC Sat Nav, then YES. Just need to update your Maps to 2014. Google BMW Sat Nav updates. Cost for a reliable service is approx £25. It is a "Copy" service, but works. Just remove old DVD and insert New DVD and follow instructions to obtain 7 digit postcode search.

Did this on My CCC before upgrading to CIC!
Thanks but how do i know if im on dvd ccc>?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 10:06 AM   #4
themanthatcan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i MSport

There is no way of doing it with CCC out of the box. The only way to enable 7 digit postcode searching is by purchasing an updated map disc from somewhere like https://bmwnavigation.co.uk which provides 7 digit searching using POIs, but POI searching is not a seamless process.
      10-15-2014, 10:06 AM   #5
Waspo
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep

PS.

This update also gives you speed camera positions as well. Bit of a bind to get them to display, but once you get used to it, it is useful to have!
      10-15-2014, 10:09 AM   #6
Waspo
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep

Quote:
Thanks but how do i know if im on dvd ccc>?
I used this guy to supply the DVD. Have a look at the site he also tells you how to check what device you have. Any issues give "Rusty" a ring.

http://www.satnavupgrades.co.uk/id47.html

He is very Good!
      10-15-2014, 10:22 AM   #7
A4S
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D M Sport

I updated to the 2014 DVD (you know you are on DVD CCC if you have a DVD drive with a Sat Nav Disc in it!!) and 7 digit postcodes work perfectly. No issue with any 7 digit postcode entered to date and always spot on. I used the same link as Waspo!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 10:34 AM   #8
ChrisN53
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 325i m Sport

You can download the ISO for the BMW 2014 Europe Professional Navigation in this forum. You then just need to burn the ISO (DVD disc 1 IIRC is Western Europe and therefore UK) to a DVD, pop out the old DVD and stick in the new one. Reboot iDrive and voila, post code searching now works.

The only caveat to this is that you need to have good DVD media. I use some cheap DVD-R's I had lying around, and they would only let me write at 4x instead of 1x. So whilst the sat nav worked fine, I get the occasional disc read error. This is just due to the poor quality of the media. I have just ordered some Verbatim DVD-R's from Amazon, as these are supposed to be compatible with the BMW DVD reader.

Last edited by ChrisN53; 10-15-2014 at 10:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 10:40 AM   #9
JP.Williams
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

i did this with the 2013 disc i believe and it gave you a terrible postcode search having to search the area first (LONDON) then the postcode (EC2...)

has anyone got a picture or if they can explain how it works with the 2014 disc.

i burnt the ISO last time very easy to do.
      10-15-2014, 10:49 AM   #10
dy63
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by themanthatcan View Post
There is no way of doing it with CCC out of the box. The only way to enable 7 digit postcode searching is by purchasing an updated map disc from somewhere like https://bmwnavigation.co.uk which provides 7 digit searching using POIs, but POI searching is not a seamless process.
what do you mean no way out of the box

Quote:
PS.

This update also gives you speed camera positions as well. Bit of a bind to get them to display, but once you get used to it, it is useful to have!
Quote:
I used this guy to supply the DVD. Have a look at the site he also tells you how to check what device you have. Any issues give "Rusty" a ring.

http://www.satnavupgrades.co.uk/id47.html

He is very Good!
thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4S View Post
I updated to the 2014 DVD (you know you are on DVD CCC if you have a DVD drive with a Sat Nav Disc in it!!) and 7 digit postcodes work perfectly. No issue with any 7 digit postcode entered to date and always spot on. I used the same link as Waspo!
i have a dvd drive and it has a disc in it. this mean im on DVD? not a silly question is it lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisN53 View Post
You can download the ISO for the BMW 2014 Europe Professional Navigation in this forum. You then just need to burn the ISO (DVD disc 1 IIRC is Western Europe and therefore UK) to a DVD, pop out the old DVD and stick in the new one. Reboot iDrive and voila, post code searching now works.

The only caveat to this is that you need to have good DVD media. I use some cheap DVD-R's I had lying around, and they would only let me write at 4x instead of 1x. So whilst the sat nav worked fine, I get the occasional disc read error. This is just due to the poor quality of the media. I have just ordered some Verbatim DVD-R's from Amazon, as these are supposed to be compatible with the BMW DVD reader.
wow thanks man, so i dont need to pay £25? i just download and burn to disc and replace the current one in the slot with my newly burnt one? what about fsc codes? why would i need them and what are they
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 10:53 AM   #11
ChrisN53
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 325i m Sport

No. I imagine the guy charging £25 is doing so because he is providing you with the media and a slightly tweaked version of the disc to show the traffic cameras.

Buy yourself a good quality DVD-R (Verbatim AZO are supposed to be the best), download the ISO Europe_Professional_2014 (assuming you have Pro Nav), then use something like ImgBurn to burn the ISO to the DVD-R at the slowest possible write speed (1x).

Eject your current disc, stick in the newly burnt one, then reboot iDrive (there is a shortcut for this - I think you press the radio power button and the DVD eject simultaneously) and it will update. Like I said, this was working for me but I kept getting annoying disc read errors.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 10:56 AM   #12
themanthatcan
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
what do you mean no way out of the box
I mean that BMW don't provide the function in CCC. The way it works at the moment is a kind of "workaround", whereby 3rd parties have created POI databases including 7 digit postcodes and these are included on unofficial releases of the BMW maps.

You then search the "7 Digit Postcode" POI database using CCC's nav and it finds the location based on the results of that search.
      10-15-2014, 10:58 AM   #13
dy63
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
No. I imagine the guy charging £25 is doing so because he is providing you with the media and a slightly tweaked version of the disc to show the traffic cameras.

Buy yourself a good quality DVD-R (Verbatim AZO are supposed to be the best), download the ISO Europe_Professional_2014 (assuming you have Pro Nav), then use something like ImgBurn to burn the ISO to the DVD-R at the slowest possible write speed (1x).

Eject your current disc, stick in the newly burnt one, then reboot iDrive (there is a shortcut for this - I think you press the radio power button and the DVD eject simultaneously) and it will update. Like I said, this was working for me but I kept getting annoying disc read errors.
thanks for your input i appreciate it

however i think i will; just pay the guy £25 if he gives me speed camera thing too because ill need it

does the idrive tell u verbally speed camera or do u always need to be watching the screen to see a logo for speed camera? CANT WAIT FOR 7 DIGIT POST CODE FOR JUST £25
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 10:59 AM   #14
Waspo
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep

Quote:

Brilliant. Thanks Chris. Don't you just love this forum!
      10-15-2014, 11:01 AM   #15
A4S
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP.Williams View Post
i did this with the 2013 disc i believe and it gave you a terrible postcode search having to search the area first (LONDON) then the postcode (EC2...)

has anyone got a picture or if they can explain how it works with the 2014 disc.

i burnt the ISO last time very easy to do.
With 2014, you simply put in 7 digit postcodes - nothing like that anymore!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 11:12 AM   #16
themanthatcan
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Brilliant. Thanks Chris. Don't you just love this forum!
Certainly do! One 2014 disc being burnt as we speak
      10-15-2014, 11:14 AM   #17
themanthatcan
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
With 2014, you simply put in 7 digit postcodes - nothing like that anymore!
Oh really..nice! The satnavupgrades site still shows it as using POIs which is why I haven't bothered with the 2014 maps up until now (still running late 2013), but I'll check it out as soon as the disc is burnt
      10-15-2014, 11:23 AM   #18
'V'
Captain
Rep
Drives: ~Carbon black F36

Can you post back as with images as to how this works (re) 7 digit pc
Need to update as I'm about to be workin in the community and need my Satnav working well!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 01:54 PM   #19
themanthatcan
Lieutenant
Rep

I've installed the 2014 maps and can't see any way of entering 7 digit postcodes in the standard screens..am I missing something?
      10-15-2014, 02:10 PM   #20
Waspo
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by themanthatcan View Post
I've installed the 2014 maps and can't see any way of entering 7 digit postcodes in the standard screens..am I missing something?
I have the PDF instructions here that came with my disc when i had my CCC.
I can't find away of posting them.

If you PM me your email address, i'll gladly send them to you.
      10-15-2014, 03:08 PM   #21
'V'
Captain
Rep
Drives: ~Carbon black F36

Can you ping these over to me too please.
I'll PM you my email address.
Cheers
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 12:39 AM   #22
JP.Williams
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Quote:
With 2014, you simply put in 7 digit postcodes - nothing like that any more!
I've had the 2014 Nav for several months now and (unless my Nav software is older then yours) i can find a "simple" way of entering full 7 digit postcodes.

be great if you could snap a few pic of how you are getting to this page?

when i get home tonight ill snap a few of how i have to do it on mine and even then i don't think it was great, haven't used it in a while gave up on it.