E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Big Motoring World, Independent Used BMW Cars for Sale in West Malling, Kent, Reviews

02-15-2011, 07:13 AM   #815
bounty78
Mike
Malaysia
Rep
Drives: F10 528i M Sport LCI

Garage List
Gosh..the owner sounded like a yob or mobster..not someone you want to mess with! I almost bought a car from them, glad i went with my instinct.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2011, 08:51 AM   #816
Daeths
Rep
Drives: x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daeths View Post
You are welcome to my time buddy ! There are several flaws in your response which I will address on a point by point basis for you.

1. The car was advertised with a full service history, which was confirmed by you when I agreed to buy the car (yeah....I know now ). When the car was to be picked up, I was told you had not received the service book but it would be forwarded shortly. All this is fair and reasonable and I assume working on the knowledge provided by the auction house/lease company. I have no issue with this.

Where the issue arises is when I chased weekly for 3 months (repeat three months) for the book, to be continually fobbed off by the big guy (since demoted reading your response above) that hands over the cars who eventually said if it can't be found you would get a new blank book and you would contact BMW and send it to them to stamp up...so problem 1 is the very poor after care sales and zero diary management. Not once was I contacted or updated in three months, it was me doing all the chasing.

It almost felt as if once you had taken my money, you did not care anymore ?

2. When I did receive the service book I rang the garages that stamped the book, all of whom confirmed they had never serviced the car and on checking the BMW central computer system that this vehicle had never been serviced by a main delaer.

When I raised this with you, I was informed that a simple error had occured and you had given me the service book for an identical black X3 to the one I purchased with one digit different on the reg number...now what are the chances of that ?

I know you are the biggest in the UK but you having two identical black X3's with one digit difference in the reg no. Must be 1 in a 1,000,000. I must be the unluckiest guy on earth

3. Having again been promised by your company delivery the service book showing all the service stamps for the car that I acutally bought and having chased you for another 4 weeks, your company EVENTUALLY admitted that the vehicle never had a full service history and you could not provide a service book...honesty, trust and integrity are all phrases that spring to mind

4. The car was promised with a full years MOT from date of purchase. This was not done...can you share with the broader audience the reason behind this (aside from you are busy because you sell so many cars)

5. The salesmans ignorance as to where the Nav CD is inserted. Your response was that he was a new salesman. From this, I can only assume he received little or no training regarding the vehicles he is selling. I didnt even own an X3 before this, but I knew where it was...it's not rocket science buddy.

Appreciating that some BMWs may have the Nav disc loaded in the dash, however can you tell me how many X3's have a dash loaded Nav disc (I genuinely don't know and wish to learn).

6. The failed rear washwipe jet from when I picked the vehicle up. Clearly the vehicle was not checked pre-sale. When you had it in to rectify I sat watching your guy fiddle with the tailgate hoses and jets for 90 minutes, he gave up saying he did not know what was wrong with it.

I post my question on a BMW forum (not this one, sorry guys) to be told it's a common and recognised fault for the washer pipe to split on the rear transmission hump. Have a guess where the fault was ??

So it is now established that your BMW trained engineer is not aware of known and recorded faults...how comforting

I do look forward to receiving your factual, non threatening and constructive response(s) to these question and thanks for helping keep Big Motoring World, Wrotham, Kent (and of course this thread) high on the Google search engine.

To ensure you do address each and every complaint, can you please respond on a clear Q and A basis in the above chronology. This will avoid you being accused of not answering all of the questions (I am trying to help you...)

Also in the spirit of helping you, you may wish to amend your website promoting the fact you have an experienced Graham Hutchinson heading your handover team, as this (hopefully) positive step doesn't seem to be noted on the worldwide web.

I only log on occassionally and then it is only to read this thread (it is compulsive as you and your fellow posters/work colleagues have clearly experienced), so don't get upset or assumptive if I do not reply to your response immediately. You'll just have to trust me when I say that I will reply.

With kind regards

Well, here we are, some 14 days after my original post (above) and still no response. I put it to the readers of this forum - and all those diverted here via the power of Google search engines - that Big Motoring World, Wrotham, Kent misrepresented a vehicle they sold to me in terms of not having a full service history (in fact it had none at all).

Once they had banked my money they didnt give a damn in trying to rectify their error which if not known immediately - I have a personal view on that - was known at least 3 months before I confronted them and they were forced to admit it. This is clearly demonstrated that despite calling them weekly for THREE MONTHS, they never once returned my calls when promised. Fortunately for me, preseverence is my middle name.

Another question, in addition to all those raised above, is why do you seek to mislead your customers that the cars they are buying have shiny spotless OEM wheels, when many are in fact cheap replicas ?

Big Motoring World, Wrotham, you are spiv traders and give the secondhand car traders who are trying to make an HONEST living, a bad name.

Hope business picks up for you
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2011, 04:54 PM   #817
bigbmw
Private
Rep
Drives: many

Quote:
Seems strange that Big Motoring World have suffered so many complaints and then you on here to reject them all without any evidence and in fact make up satisfied customers by requesting your staff to pose posing as these customers

YET, when I provide specific and tangible examples, enabling you to address the points one by one...there is radio silence.

I was hoping to receive a response, but maybe it was my naivity or simply false faith in human nature. I can now only assume, however, that it is becuase I have you bang to rights and there is in fact no excuse.

Ho hum, you cannot complain either on this forum or to your staff about this thread, especially when you have been given the opportunity to respond.

Hope business picks up for you
we have tried to ask anyone how has a problem to e mail us but no one does we have tried to respond and we just get treated bad we have asked for a meeting took as a joke so what else can we say other than are these people real latley there one posters hey that look good hey we are a good company how trys hard
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2011, 04:58 PM   #818
BGM
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F20 M140i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbmw View Post
we have tried to ask anyone how has a problem to e mail us but no one does we have tried to respond and we just get treated bad we have asked for a meeting took as a joke so what else can we say other than are these people real latley there one posters hey that look good hey we are a good company how trys hard
es'cuse me?

english lessons please..
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2011, 06:50 PM   #819
parapaul
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
WTF? Maybe all the punctuation off the keyboards at Big Motoring World, Independent Used BMW Cars for Sale in West Malling, Kent have been lost in the same place as all their cars' service histories?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2011, 12:52 AM   #820
Desmondo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 330i M-Sport

Was reading this last night and quite amazed at what I saw. I've had Big Motoring World bookmarked for the last few months constantly looking at car, spec and keeping an eye on prices. Looking to buy an E90 and luckily found a decent one privately before going to Big Motoring World. Looks like I had a lucky escape.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2011, 03:07 AM   #821
biscuits
Dimmer than a dim thing
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS, EQC, X5 40d, simrig

Garage List
just seen the TAGS at the bottom of this thread..... lmao !

BAck on topic, I have some friends that bought their last car from Big Motoring World, Independent Used BMW Cars for Sale in West Malling, Kent. They have actually had very little issue with it and are now looking to change.

I'm not going to say any more until they have replaced their car, as they are looking at Big Motoring World, Independent Used BMW Cars for Sale in West Malling, Kent as well as other BMW AUC dealers and private.

Once they have got the new car I'll report back on what they found.

B
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2011, 04:13 AM   #822
edowen
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330i, 991 GTS, Cayenne S D

Quote:
Jesus.

I've always bought cars (private, indi, or main dealer) with the mantra "buy the seller, not just the car".

The above paragraph would tell you all you need to know about Big Motoring world in Kent.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2011, 04:14 AM   #823
edowen
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330i, 991 GTS, Cayenne S D

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
just seen the TAGS at the bottom of this thread..... lmao !
LOL. Me too.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2011, 01:29 PM   #824
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep
Drives: 530d

Garage List
I've tried to re-assemble the last post into something more coherrent:
Quote:
We have tried to ask anyone who has a problem to e-mail us, but no one does. We have tried to respond, but we just get treated badly. We have asked for a meeting, but this was taken as a joke. So what else can we say other than are the people who have posted lately real?
Sorry, but I can't make head nor tail of the last sentence. Closest I can get is: "We believe ourselves to be a good company, who tries hard." There appears to be no specification regarding what it is that they are trying hard at however.

Quote:
there one posters hey that look good hey we are a good company how trys hard
So, to address each of the points raised in turn:

1. Request of disgruntled customers to e-mail you direct.

Clearly there is no evidence of this that will be visible to any person posting on this forum. Therefore the validity of this claim cannot be verified.

2. "We have tried to respond."

In the last couple of weeks we can see that the user "Daeths" has raised a number of issues in regard to a car that he describes as having been bought from Big MW. He has offered a clear and concise listing of his grievances in regard to the vehicle and given Big MW the chance to respond to each of these. Big BM have never refuted that they supplied such a vehicle, nor have they made any attempt to explain their position in regard to the points raised.

In fact I don't believe that there has ever been a single denial from Big MW in respect of any vehicle or defect mentioned within this thread.

3. "We have asked for a meeting."

Unfortunately the was couched in the form of confrontational statement after you had tried to first make out that you were in fact in no way related to Big MW and were just either a satisfied customer or supporter. As a result your credibility was questionable at best, and the request treated accordingly.

4. Are the people who have posted lately real?

Clearly we do not know if there a people using multiple accounts from a single IP to try and lend credence to their argument. However, we do have reports from the forum Admins that a series of users supporting Big MW have indeed posted from the same IP address. So, if this were the case then at least they are not doing anything that hasn't been tried already.

In conclusion

It cannot be denied that this thread has grown a life of it's own. However, Big MW continue to do nothing to directly address the concerns raised, or to either deny or answer the specific complaints identified.

Whilst they continue to make attempts to ask people to contact them in any way that removes such communication from anyone viewing this forum they will continue to be regarded with suspicion.

Contrast this with the actions of Sytner, who have had some serious issues in respect of their customer service and who have acknowledged their shortcomings and who continue to address these in a professional manner.

Equally in the days of SpeedReligion, Ant had a few issues, but again these were acknowledged and addressed in a professional manner.

In both cases a positive outcome for all parties was achieved in reasonably short order once a reasoned coherent discussion had been entered into.

Until such steps are taken by Big MW this thread will continue to grow, and continue to ensure that potential buyers treat them with caution, if at all.

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman - M135i
Now: 530d
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 06:43 AM   #825
disgruntled
Rep
Drives: 1 series

my experience

Hi all,
having read this hilarious thread, i felt compelled to tell the world of the crap aftersales i recieved from Big Motoring World.

I purchased a 118d from there about 6 weeks ago. the car itself seems fine, but the aftersales was frankly disappointing.

When i went to collect my new car, the car was ready but as i was signing the paperwork, one of the employees there reversed another car into my front bumper. they offered to fix it, and said did i want to drive my part-ex away and come back for my new one the following week. i couldnot do this as my insurance changed over that day and obviously i would not have been insured on my part ex till i picked up my new car. so they said bring it back on monday and well send it to THEIR bodyshop down the road to be resprayed.

However, it rained quite heavily that weekend, and the headlight on the side of the collision had filled up with water.

I arrived there the day in question, told the salesman who told me that the two things could not be linked. I said that it was obvious the two were linked and he reluctantly agreed to fix both problems.
I arrived at 5pm to pick the car up, i had to wait until 7.30pm before the car returned was to me, headlight filled up with water unfixed. I was tired ill and as it was dark, and hadn't noticed that the work hadn't been done.

The next day i saw the problem was still there so i telephoned the aftersales dept, and was met with a very standoffish man who told me that 'these things just happen sometimes' and that he had 'a Bentley Continental GT here with the same problem' and his advice to me was to 'put a towel round it - it will be fine'. I was stunned and rang my husband who had to ring up 5 times before someone would help us.

(I can only infer that he thought that because i am a woman i would take him at his word)

eventually the headlight problem was rectified, by taking my car down there and they took a headlight out of another One series and put it on my car.

to put it mildly, disappointing.

I am taking the car to BMW Ruxley next week for a complete checkover, luckily i bought a car still under BMW warranty. I intend to reply to my own thread with any problems they may or may not find.

As we all know, Big Motoring World employees read these threads so they will know exactly who i am, but i hope that they understand that, from my point of view, your treatment of me as a customer was frankly uncceptable.
Furthermore, I would like to thank the salesman who originally sold me the car, Ray Revell, for his patience with me and the care he showed when i arrived in tears with my part ex, which i was devistated to see go.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 07:03 AM   #826
BGM
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F20 M140i

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled View Post
Furthermore, I would like to thank the salesman who originally sold me the car, Ray Revell, for his patience with me and the care he showed when i arrived in tears with my part ex, which i was devistated to see go.
every cloud hey...

they really are a bunch of cocks down there, i am totally still up for a meet!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 07:49 AM   #827
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335d M-Sport

So have they just swapped the light unit with water in it onto another car in the hopes that the customer that eventually buys it won't notice/so they can fob them off and say they won't do anything about it???
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 09:12 AM   #828
Falmouthboy
Squadron Leader (Ret'd)
Rep
Drives: E91 330d SE & Mini Coupe JCW

Quote:
Hi all,
having read this hilarious thread, i felt compelled to tell the world of the crap aftersales i recieved from Big Motoring World.

I purchased a 118d from there about 6 weeks ago. the car itself seems fine, but the aftersales was frankly disappointing.

When i went to collect my new car, the car was ready but as i was signing the paperwork, one of the employees there reversed another car into my front bumper. they offered to fix it, and said did i want to drive my part-ex away and come back for my new one the following week. i couldnot do this as my insurance changed over that day and obviously i would not have been insured on my part ex till i picked up my new car. so they said bring it back on monday and well send it to THEIR bodyshop down the road to be resprayed.

However, it rained quite heavily that weekend, and the headlight on the side of the collision had filled up with water.

I arrived there the day in question, told the salesman who told me that the two things could not be linked. I said that it was obvious the two were linked and he reluctantly agreed to fix both problems.
I arrived at 5pm to pick the car up, i had to wait until 7.30pm before the car returned was to me, headlight filled up with water unfixed. I was tired ill and as it was dark, and hadn't noticed that the work hadn't been done.

The next day i saw the problem was still there so i telephoned the aftersales dept, and was met with a very standoffish man who told me that 'these things just happen sometimes' and that he had 'a Bentley Continental GT here with the same problem' and his advice to me was to 'put a towel round it - it will be fine'. I was stunned and rang my husband who had to ring up 5 times before someone would help us.

(I can only infer that he thought that because i am a woman i would take him at his word)

eventually the headlight problem was rectified, by taking my car down there and they took a headlight out of another One series and put it on my car.

to put it mildly, disappointing.

I am taking the car to BMW Ruxley next week for a complete checkover, luckily i bought a car still under BMW warranty. I intend to reply to my own thread with any problems they may or may not find.

As we all know, Big Motoring World employees read these threads so they will know exactly who i am, but i hope that they understand that, from my point of view, your treatment of me as a customer was frankly uncceptable.
Thanks for the post - lets hope the BMW dealer doesn't find any hidden 'issues' to affect your warranty. You would of course be made very welcome over on this forum http://www.babybmw.net/ where you can share the 'hopeful' joys of 1 Series ownership
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 09:36 AM   #829
disgruntled
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicnerve View Post
So have they just swapped the light unit with water in it onto another car in the hopes that the customer that eventually buys it won't notice/so they can fob them off and say they won't do anything about it???
exactly that, i watched as they drove another 1 series into their garage, took my light off, took the same light off the other one, swapped the lights over and drove the other back onto the forecourt - so far as i know - funnily enough i have not been back since! - they are selling or have sold that car on to a perhaps unsuspecting customer!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 09:39 AM   #830
disgruntled
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falmouthboy View Post
Thanks for the post - lets hope the BMW dealer doesn't find any hidden 'issues' to affect your warranty. You would of course be made very welcome over on this forum http://www.babybmw.net/ where you can share the 'hopeful' joys of 1 Series ownership
indeed, i hope so too! The car itself is great (so far) so i shall be joining baby bmw soon.
I intend to post on here however the outcome of the checks that the BMW main dealer is doing next week!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 09:53 AM   #831
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
Quote:
indeed, i hope so too! The car itself is great (so far) so i shall be joining baby bmw soon.
I intend to post on here however the outcome of the checks that the BMW main dealer is doing next week!
There is also http://www.1addicts.com/forums/index.php on this site
      02-22-2011, 10:23 AM   #832
Falmouthboy
Squadron Leader (Ret'd)
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by - Paul - View Post
There is also http://www.1addicts.com/forums/index.php on this site
True, but if I am to be honest, babybmw.net is a far better 1 Series forum
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 08:15 AM   #833
Daeths
Rep
Drives: x3

Quote:
I'm not going to comment on the grammar/english and will put this down to the dyslexia/education/something else.

Back on topic, you clearly requested on this forum that any concerns that any of your customers have encountered should be raised so that you can address them.

Well...I have raised them and purposefully not on an email/PM or private basis. The reason for this is so that you can publicly respond to my direct accusation that you misled (and may for all I know, continue to mislead) your customers with descriptions of vehicles which include serious issues such as Full Service History which will attract a different windscreen price than would a No History At All Car.

I am very happy for you to publicly respond to my allegations of misrepresentation, zero aftersale care and generally 'dodgy dealing.

For the benefit of the owners of this forum, this is not libelous as I am factually correct and have documentary evidence to support this.

So in conclusion Big Motoring World;

breathe in,

stand tall

admit you got it wrong and were a little devious, but have know rectified all your sly, immoral (and quite possibly illegal) activities to maximise your profits at the expense of the trusting public.

Alternatively, tell me I am a liar and prove me to be so.

IT'S CRUNCH TIME BUDDY.

Hope business improves by the way.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 03:31 PM   #834
bigbmw
Private
Rep

Quote:
I'm not going to comment on the grammar/english and will put this down to the dyslexia/education/something else.

Back on topic, you clearly requested on this forum that any concerns that any of your customers have encountered should be raised so that you can address them.

Well...I have raised them and purposefully not on an email/PM or private basis. The reason for this is so that you can publicly respond to my direct accusation that you misled (and may for all I know, continue to mislead) your customers with descriptions of vehicles which include serious issues such as Full Service History which will attract a different windscreen price than would a No History At All Car.

I am very happy for you to publicly respond to my allegations of misrepresentation, zero aftersale care and generally 'dodgy dealing.

For the benefit of the owners of this forum, this is not libelous as I am factually correct and have documentary evidence to support this.

So in conclusion Big Motoring World;

breathe in,

stand tall

admit you got it wrong and were a little devious, but have know rectified all your sly, immoral (and quite possibly illegal) activities to maximise your profits at the expense of the trusting public.

Alternatively, tell me I am a liar and prove me to be so.

IT'S CRUNCH TIME BUDDY.

Hope business improves by the way.
i will respond but first of all i would like to stress something all complaints about my sales team i do address as serious but as everyone knows a member of staff will come and go they can upset a number of people without me knowing by the time i do get informed they have always left and im always having to pick up the pieces they leave behind im one man who cant do everything and cant be personally targeted here so please if you do have a complaint or problem send it to my personal email address peterbmws@hotmail.co.uk as you all well know iv given this email out so much but i dont ever seem to get the personal email just the complaints i read on a forum which amazes me because if you have had some of the problems you are saying then let me sort them out!!! if you send me a email i will respond within 48 hours as i take all complaints serious
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 03:42 PM   #835
bigbmw
Private
Rep

im sorry this women had her car smashed please can you email the reg dont write it on hear for you own security peterbmws@hotmail.co.uk also you must give the name of the person who did this im very sorry you have had any problems as you can see i do not know anything about this, due to your help i can improve the services you had faith in buying the car from us and as you did i will go out of my way to resolve this matter as there is no excuse for this to happen to a customer thankyou for informing me and im looking forward to hearing from you asap
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 04:10 AM   #836
Falmouthboy
Squadron Leader (Ret'd)
Rep

Quote:
i will respond but first of all i would like to stress something all complaints about my sales team i do address as serious but as everyone knows a member of staff will come and go they can upset a number of people without me knowing by the time i do get informed they have always left and im always having to pick up the pieces they leave behind im one man who cant do everything and cant be personally targeted here so please if you do have a complaint or problem send it to my personal email address peterbmws@hotmail.co.uk as you all well know iv given this email out so much but i dont ever seem to get the personal email just the complaints i read on a forum which amazes me because if you have had some of the problems you are saying then let me sort them out!!! if you send me a email i will respond within 48 hours as i take all complaints serious
You know bigbmw does have a point here and whilst I accept that some of the unhappy people here may wish to see the outcome of their complaint aired in public, the main thing is that it gets sorted. So, perhaps a few of those with specific issues could 'press to test' and send the email as requested. They could then report back if the issue has been resolved, even 'cut and paste' the response if they feel the need. As a compromise, perhaps this could be done through the PM facility on the forum?

Turning to the point about blaming staff who may have subsequently left. As a manager who has had ‘line management’ responsibility for up to 100 staff, I do accept that you can’t have your eyes everywhere, and there will inevitably be ‘incidents’ that come to light – that’s normal. However, from reading this thread, there is ‘on balance’ the suggestion that these issues are perhaps a bit more endemic than is healthy and this may be damaging your reputation. There could be many reasons for this including poor supervision by middle managers, inappropriate incentives for sales staff, or simply employing the wrong people in the first place. Or it could of course be an inappropriate example being set ‘from the top’ or that, actually, this is how you like to do business.

In business there is a term ‘critical friend’ – we use them quite a lot. Sytner had issues on this site and have turned it around to their advantage now and use the site in effect as their ‘critical friend’. If you are sincere in wanting to put things right, indeed potentially to your ultimate advantage, I would have thought it’s not too late for you to do the same.
Appreciate 0