E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Confused re: headlight options...

01-26-2012, 10:13 PM   #1
Ethanderall
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Confused re: headlight options...

Hi all,

I just bought an 06 325i and would dearly love to replace the standard lights with projector & AE's... not necesarilly HID's...

However, all the terminology and model differences has me completely confused... so, here is my current front end...

*Please* tell me what I need to buy and from where!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 11:22 PM   #2
wassell2381
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: X5 Xdrive 3.0D

Garage List
2009 320d E90 LCI  [0.00]
2009 320d  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethanderall View Post
Hi all,

I just bought an 06 325i and would dearly love to replace the standard lights with projector & AE's... not necesarilly HID's...

However, all the terminology and model differences has me completely confused... so, here is my current front end...

Hey mate, Welcome. Nice choice!

Just had a look on ebay and it looks like there are quite a few dif styles. When searching for them just type in 05-08 or pre LCI headlights and something should come up. Here's an example:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/06-08-E90...item3cc014ee1d

Secondhand OEM's are gonna be expensive but they should come with the HID ballasts and auto leveling sensor.

Fitting wise they should be directly interchangeable as long as u get Pre LCI ones

Cheers
Dan
White LCI 320d
Space Grey LCI 320d
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2012, 03:39 AM   #3
bmwaddiction
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Lexus IS350 F Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethanderall View Post
Hi all,

Three main options, I'm in the same boat as you mate:

1. OEM Xenon lights - have angel eyes, very expensive, will require coding / retrofit knowledge, will require headlight washers and a new bumper to be ADR compliant
2. OEM Halogen lights (post LCI) - have angel eyes, expensive, plug and play, ADR compliant as they are (make sure you get RHD version and not LHD version from US)
3. DEPO Projectors - Taiwan based manufacturer that does a lot of OEM headlights and tailights, almost OEM quality, relatively cheap, plug and play, has angel lights, can be modded to include LED/CCFL angel lights)
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 06:35 AM   #4
Ethanderall
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Thanks guys, have any of you done conversions?, is there anything to look out for in particular?

Is there an AUS dealer for DEPO lights or is fleabay the only option. The set I found on there didn't really do it for me... I might start scabbing wreckers looking for OEM lights
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 07:11 PM   #5
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep
Drives: a black car

I've installed two Depo conversions before... they are OK for the price, definitely not as good as OEM.

The angel eyes do look good though, here is a pic and my full write up:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=572052

Appreciate 0