E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Unethical Vendor - BMS (Burger Motorsports bad review)

Closed Thread

10-18-2012, 02:36 PM   #155
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
I sent him an email stating I was having a problem. His response.."There have been no issues reported"

Well, thanks for the effort in trying to resolve it! Not.

Emailed him twice more with the same subject. His response.."Never had an issue, I'll look into it Monday" Never got back to me.

I had to figure it out on my own. Which I did with a friend. No thanks to BMS.
Hmm that's weird cause nothing like that's ever happened to me
More Pictures: Build Thread /// 683AWHP/675AWTQ
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 02:40 PM   #156
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmitty95 View Post
Hmm that's weird cause nothing like that's ever happened to me
I get it, I really do. When you have a lot of volume some customers can fall through the cracks even though you try your hardest not to let them. Its just a shame because Im pretty well known on here and when I post a review or any thread at all, a lot people will view it.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 02:48 PM   #157
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 M340i xDrive

Quote:
I get it, I really do. When you have a lot of volume some customers can fall through the cracks even though you try your hardest not to let them. Its just a shame because Im pretty well known on here and when I post a review or any thread at all, a lot people will view it.
Yea that's true so i'm surprised it happened to you. It's good you did eventually get the issue fixed though
More Pictures: Build Thread /// 683AWHP/675AWTQ
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 03:17 PM   #158
JetBlackE46
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by OECMG View Post
I see it's the plastic one. Like the metal one only made from plastic. OK. I noticed another vendor is selling this same plastic clutch stop for a long time, have you copied it from them and their photos and their marketing materials? They appear to be the same.

Again, I know you're a new member here with 4 posts, 2 of which are in this thread...but search and you'll find that mine was the first "easy to install" clutch stop for the E90.

Many other vendors have copied my design but BMS is the only one that I'm aware of so far that used my pictures in their ads.

Here's an early reference (2010) to my easy to install clutch stop. I'm sure there are other threads somewhere. If there was something similar out, I haven't seen it.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=423172

And here's the thread on the clutch stop you just posted....looks like it's from 2011. That vendor has nice looking pictures and was smart enough to put their name on it so no one else could use them.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=579389

Last edited by JetBlackE46; 10-18-2012 at 03:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 03:24 PM   #159
e90328i
Banned
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 335i

Quote:
Im still waiting on Terry to get back to me from my emails in March...
Lol try resending it, usually if i don't get a response in a few days ill send it again and he'll end up responding pretty quick.. some emails just dont get through to him especially when he gets 50 a minute.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 03:37 PM   #160
LivnLife31
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 N54 TiAg

Garage List
2009 335i Sedan  [1.00]
Quote:
Im still waiting on Terry to get back to me from my emails in March...
I have emailed Terry many times and received a response within 24 hrs. Just sayin'
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 03:39 PM   #161
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivnLife31 View Post
I have emailed Terry many times and received a response within 24 hrs. Just sayin'
The first two times I got responses fairly quickly but when Im emailing you, telling you Im having a problem and you email back "No problems have been reported" That tells me you're not wanting to help me resolve it.

Also when you state you'll get back to me and never respond..... :/

Im not someone who's going to follow up and follow up and keep pestering someone over and over.

Last edited by Sara; 10-18-2012 at 03:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 05:50 PM   #162
OECMG
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlackE46 View Post
Again, I know you're a new member here with 4 posts, 2 of which are in this thread...but search and you'll find that mine was the first "easy to install" clutch stop for the E90.

Many other vendors have copied my design but BMS is the only one that I'm aware of so far that used my pictures in their ads.

Here's an early reference (2010) to my easy to install clutch stop. I'm sure there are other threads somewhere. If there was something similar out, I haven't seen it.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=423172
I've only seen this forum for a few days. I wish I had found it sooner, it's a great resoruce for sharing experiences with vendors! I signed up here to post my experiences with another vendor. Not you and not bms. Now that I am here reading this I am finding it irresestable to keep coming back and read and write these replies.

So now you say you invented this bolt with washer in 2010. OK. In the first post you said it has been several years since you invented this? I typed in "clutch stop" in this search screen in the upper right hand side of this page and I found someone who is offering to sell the same easy to install clutch stop in 2009 and over 100 possible customers asking to purchase it from him???

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...30&postcount=1
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 06:17 PM   #163
Rick4345
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 WRX World Rally Blue

Garage List
Quote:
I've only seen this forum for a few days. I wish I had found it sooner, it's a great resoruce for sharing experiences with vendors! I signed up here to post my experiences with another vendor. Not you and not bms. Now that I am here reading this I am finding it irresestable to keep coming back and read and write these replies.

So now you say you invented this bolt with washer in 2010. OK. In the first post you said it has been several years since you invented this? I typed in "clutch stop" in this search screen in the upper right hand side of this page and I found someone who is offering to sell the same easy to install clutch stop in 2009 and over 100 possible customers asking to purchase it from him???

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...30&postcount=1
Hey Wally......Did you see a picture of the clutch stop in the post you just refered to. I didn't. You need to not let your Cadillac mouth be overloaded by your Volkswagen brain. (Sorry Cadillac and VW. Both good car manufacturers. Just making a point).

Last edited by Rick4345; 10-18-2012 at 06:18 PM.. Reason: word edited
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 07:20 PM   #164
OECMG
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick4345 View Post
Hey Wally......Did you see a picture of the clutch stop in the post you just refered to. I didn't. You need to not let your Cadillac mouth be overloaded by your Volkswagen brain. (Sorry Cadillac and VW. Both good car manufacturers. Just making a point).
I'd prefer to think of it as a BMW brain and an Audi mouth but there is no reason to insult fellow BMW owners here. This is a conversion about ethics so here are some of the ethical points from my viewpoint.

First both these vendors are selling a product that is literally attached to the bottom of chair legs to keep your chair from sliding along the floor. I can detach 4 of these from my chair right now. Is it ethical to charge $10 for this part and advertise it as some sort of engineered BMW performance part? I think the ethical thing to do as a fellow BMW owner would be to let people know they can buy this part at a hardware store and attach it to their car themselves.

That post I showed above shows that someone else thought of the same idea in 2009 and recruited around 100 people who voted in his poll saying they would be interested in purchasing this part from him. Was it ethical for both these vendors to take his idea and run with it?

The vendor who made this post has links to his auction sales site advertising for business in a trumped up negative review of another vendor who just happens to be selling the exact same part. Is that ethical?

The vendor who made this post claims that bms copied his photos but then when you look at the auction links they are clearly not his photos. So either he has made this whole thing up to get people to click this fake review and see his for sale link or he requested bms to change the photos and they complied and removed them. Either way this thread is pretty sketchy.

This guy posting has made thousands of dollars ripping off bmw owners and bms and others have made who knows how many thousands more running the same scam. I think the whole thing is a riot watching everyone defend one side or the other. Take a step back and take a deep breath. These guys are fighting over friggin chair stops.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 07:32 PM   #165
Rick4345
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 WRX World Rally Blue

Garage List
True. But a hot rod chair stop. Never had an Audi. My parents never believed in foreign cars. Even though my mom is from Munich. But now they own nothing but. I bought an F30 back in February. I had an E90 I bought new and thought it was the berries. I drove an F30 one day while gettting my oil changed and my wife loved it. Not so much love for the E90. When the wife is happy, everyone's happy.

Last edited by Rick4345; 10-18-2012 at 07:38 PM.. Reason: changed wording
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 08:01 PM   #166
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: G80 6MT

Quote:
I sent him an email stating I was having a problem. His response.."There have been no issues reported"

Emailed him twice more with the same subject. His response.."Never had an issue, I'll look into it Monday" Never got back to me.

Well, he did not say which Monday, exactly
Crooks!
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 08:04 PM   #167
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: G80 6MT

Quote:
The first two times I got responses fairly quickly but when Im emailing you, telling you Im having a problem and you email back "No problems have been reported" That tells me you're not wanting to help me resolve it.

Also when you state you'll get back to me and never respond..... :/

Im not someone who's going to follow up and follow up and keep pestering someone over and over.
Sounds like if the question is in his FAQ book, he answers quickly.
If he has to use his brains...good luck
"I have never seen something like that" answer is just a poor customer service, period
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 08:53 PM   #168
JetBlackE46
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
I'd prefer to think of it as a BMW brain and an Audi mouth but there is no reason to insult fellow BMW owners here. This is a conversion about ethics so here are some of the ethical points from my viewpoint.

First both these vendors are selling a product that is literally attached to the bottom of chair legs to keep your chair from sliding along the floor. I can detach 4 of these from my chair right now. Is it ethical to charge $10 for this part and advertise it as some sort of engineered BMW performance part? I think the ethical thing to do as a fellow BMW owner would be to let people know they can buy this part at a hardware store and attach it to their car themselves.

That post I showed above shows that someone else thought of the same idea in 2009 and recruited around 100 people who voted in his poll saying they would be interested in purchasing this part from him. Was it ethical for both these vendors to take his idea and run with it?

The vendor who made this post has links to his auction sales site advertising for business in a trumped up negative review of another vendor who just happens to be selling the exact same part. Is that ethical?

The vendor who made this post claims that bms copied his photos but then when you look at the auction links they are clearly not his photos. So either he has made this whole thing up to get people to click this fake review and see his for sale link or he requested bms to change the photos and they complied and removed them. Either way this thread is pretty sketchy.

This guy posting has made thousands of dollars ripping off bmw owners and bms and others have made who knows how many thousands more running the same scam. I think the whole thing is a riot watching everyone defend one side or the other. Take a step back and take a deep breath. These guys are fighting over friggin chair stops.
Dude, do you seriously not read????

Look at the first post again. BMS has changed their listings because they got caught red handed. Does that make sense? Look at the archived listings and you'll see what their listings looked like when they were using my pictures.

Show me a picture of your chair with 4 clutch stops. That sounds like a pretty cool design.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 10:43 PM   #169
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Its just a shame because Im pretty well known on here and when I post a review or any thread at all, a lot people will view it.
I don't see how your e-fame has anything to do with Terry missing your emails.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2012, 11:51 PM   #170
e90328i
Banned
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 335i

Quote:

wow.. what ended up being the issue?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 12:49 PM   #171
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Just got my bumpstop and love it. Didn't love the default height so I'm glad it's adjustable.
      10-21-2012, 11:17 PM   #172
JoeyBananaz18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: metrocard

Quote:

If he figured it out, why should he not capitalize on it? If the guy looking at his listing is too stupid to figure out he could make it by running to Home Depot, or doesn't feel like being bothered to construct one himself (like me), he should gladly hand over his money, just like I did right after reading this thread.
7/18/09- I pick up my baby- 2009 E92 335i Xdrive, Space Gray over Coral Red. Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, M-Sport Pkg, 193Ms, Gloss Black grills, Custom Gloss Black Mirrors, Performance shift and E-brake boot, M3 spoiler, Euro fog switch, gloss black interior tim, Coco-Mats (red/black), H&R coilovers, 19'' Alufelgen SF-71s......
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2012, 11:22 PM   #173
theriz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Garage List
2017 F80 M3  [0.00]
2011 335i M-Sport  [4.00]
2015 M3  [0.00]
2009 X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes. View Post
I don't see how your e-fame has anything to do with Terry missing your emails.
+1
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2012, 02:09 PM   #174
divisionbell77
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i XDrive Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlackE46 View Post
Dude, do you seriously not read????

Look at the first post again. BMS has changed their listings because they got caught red handed. Does that make sense? Look at the archived listings and you'll see what their listings looked like when they were using my pictures.

Show me a picture of your chair with 4 clutch stops. That sounds like a pretty cool design.
They changed their pictures because you asked them to, Terry looked at it saw his webmaster had used them, and then removed them because it was the right thing to do.

You have then turned it into 'caught red handed' BS. You asked, he looked into, agreed with you, removed them. Case closed, Sherlock.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2012, 02:22 PM   #175
Tim M
Just a regular guy.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White M3 Sedan

6100 views and counting!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2012, 02:42 PM   #176
divisionbell77
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i XDrive Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunners_Mate View Post
6100 views and counting!
OP sure is getting a lot of free advertising without being a sponsor here.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread