E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Double din unit install with factory fit bluetooth phone prep

12-23-2012, 12:06 PM   #1
bmwak
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i M-Sport Gran Coupe

Double din unit install with factory fit bluetooth phone prep

I am currently contemplating the idea of fitting a Pioneer Navigation double din unit to replace the stock Professional HU in my E92. I've done some research and found that Pioneer is the best to go for and am aware of the possible complications and the possible ways around all but one. The steering controls can be sorted with a Pioneer patch lead e.t.c and the PDC / warning gongs will still work if I fit the Connects2 adaptor.

I have done some research on the potential future coding issues faced by removing the factory fit HU and understand there are two solutions to this - either retrofitting the original HU in the boot or have the car re-coded to remove the HU from the order (which apparently makes the car code-able, even an aftermarket HU.

However, my car has factory fitted hands free Bluetooth phone prep. I'm not so worried about the phone mount aspect but would like to retrain my factory fit Bluetooth to work with the Pioneer unit I intend to buy. Is this possible?

Most of the fascia plates to accommodate a double din protrude out from the heater controls or just look pure tack. I intend on getting one custom made to fit and look OEM.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 02:35 AM   #2
Rudz
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335D xDrive Shadow Edition

Subscribed mate, I plan to install a pioneer too, the awesome P88rs, I've bought the head unit, researching the other bits, the removing HU through code looks an interesting option, do u have more information on this ? Would this invalidate warranty?
      12-24-2012, 04:00 AM   #3
IanS100
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 520d F10 LCI M Sport

won't the Pioneer have it's own Bluetooth that will do exactly the same job?
Appreciate 0