E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > few qestions about 335 DCT tuning

08-01-2009, 11:12 AM   #1
AlSuwaidi
Rep
Drives: BMW 335 DCT

few qestions about 335 DCT tuning

hi guys, I'm new here in this forums

I'm from UAE (middel East)

I have few questions...

I have E92 335 Dual clutch transmission..

I'd like like to tune it

what do u recommend and what do u dont recommand ?

as I know , many people told me dont change the downpipe, there is heating problems and engine errors...

I've got AA intercooler, and I want to get an drop-in air filter, which brand is the best with no problems.. ?

thank you guys

Last edited by AlSuwaidi; 08-02-2009 at 01:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2009, 12:25 PM   #2
Hollywood Hogan
Captain
Rep
Drives: Sold: '13 RS5

I have the JB3 currently with Vishnu Dual Cone Intakes...I love the way the car pulls and the spooling sound that the intakes give.

I really like my setup so far but will have a final decision when I take it to the track on Wednesday. I had the JB+ tune before and I have to say that the JB3 is much much smoother.

Whatever tune you decide to get be sure you get the BT Tool so you can scan your car for codes.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2009, 01:59 PM   #3
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep
Drives: GT3RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlSuwaidi View Post
hi guys, I'm new here in this forums

I have few questions...

I have E92 335 Dual clutch transmission..

I'd like like to tune it

what do u recommend and what do u recommand ?

as I know , many people told me dont change the downpipe, there is heating problems and engine errors...

I've got AA intercooler, and I want to get an drop-in air filter, which brand is the best with no problems.. ?

thank you guys
definately change the downpipes, catless or catted, both will give you a good performance boost

add a JB3 and dual cone intakes (special price right now from n54tuning.com) and you are solid
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2009, 05:34 PM   #4
per
Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: M3 E92

I have been driving my dct tranny 335 for a couple of months and i use V3 rev2,without any problem.
The tranny seems to handle the power without any problem, the only complain i have is that there is a lag when using kickdown, i am actually going to the dealer next week to do an upgrade.

BTW, if you use a V3 there is no need to get the bavarian tool, you could do all reading you need with the procede software
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2009, 01:51 AM   #5
AlSuwaidi
Rep

thank you guys for replying...

so many guys here who tuned their 335s told me to not use the cone because the weather is very hot here ( 40+ degrees ), they recommanded the drop-in air filter.

and about the downpipe..
they said when I change the downpipe, I will get the CHECK ENGINE .. any idea how to fix it ?
what brand should I buy from ? and I hope there is no negative things on the engine...

(what's the difference between catted and catless dowpipe ? , which one is better for the engine life?)

** Note: I already have HAMANN exhausts... does it make any difference ?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2009, 01:57 AM   #6
AlSuwaidi
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by per View Post
I have been driving my dct tranny 335 for a couple of months and i use V3 rev2,without any problem.
The tranny seems to handle the power without any problem, the only complain i have is that there is a lag when using kickdown, i am actually going to the dealer next week to do an upgrade.

BTW, if you use a V3 there is no need to get the bavarian tool, you could do all reading you need with the procede software
I have a friend who have 335 dct + ACShnitzer chip, but after tuning his car with ACS , he lost the launch control, he can't use it anymore.. any explaination ?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2009, 03:43 AM   #7
roozie2001
Just some guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 White 335i sedan

i think u should invest in a upgraded oil cooler then the jb3. Middle East can get pretty damn hot.
      08-02-2009, 04:16 AM   #8
per
Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: M3 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlSuwaidi View Post
I have a friend who have 335 dct + ACShnitzer chip, but after tuning his car with ACS , he lost the launch control, he can't use it anymore.. any explaination ?
The Ecu has been flasched, and as far a i know the schnitzer firmware does not support the Launch control.
You have to use a piggyback (Until new firmware are developt) to keep the Launch control.

Alsuwaidi, if you will buy catless downpipes you have to use a O2 sim if you chose JB3, the procede has it built in, and yes you will get some extra hp with the exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2009, 08:22 AM   #9
AlSuwaidi
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by roozie2001 View Post
i think u should invest in a upgraded oil cooler then the jb3. Middle East can get pretty damn hot.
I really want to upgrad the oil cooler, but I have no idea how to upgrad it..

Please tell me if u have any information,
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2009, 08:27 AM   #10
AlSuwaidi
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by per View Post
The Ecu has been flasched, and as far a i know the schnitzer firmware does not support the Launch control.
You have to use a piggyback (Until new firmware are developt) to keep the Launch control.

Alsuwaidi, if you will buy catless downpipes you have to use a O2 sim if you chose JB3, the procede has it built in, and yes you will get some extra hp with the exhaust.
What about the check engine sign ?.. Is there anyway to avoid it ?

What is the O2 sim ?

I'm not sure if we have JB3 here in uae, we have G-power,hamann, acshintzer and some guys do the tuning by them self
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2010, 05:56 PM   #11
q8-tii
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i DCT (sold)

Garage List
2009 335i  [0.00]
Sorry for bringing a thread back to life but to answer your questions Alsuwadi:

THe check engine sign can be removed with the O2 Simulator, its like a chip easily installable.

Im sure you dont have the Jb3 in U.A.E but you can order it online and they will ship it ofcourse, im in Kuwait and i got mine shipped easily.

About the Dual Cone Intake, i have tried this intake for 22,000 km and i can tell you its not good with the heat we have here, i would recommend only installing it in the winter. For the summer the temps reach 50 Degrees C here in Kuwait so i re-installed the stock air box to keep the oil temperatures and intake air temperatures down.
09 E92 335i - Jet Black - M-Tech Full Body Kit - DCT - OEM M-Tech Front CF Splitters -OEM Gloss Black Individual Shadowline Trim - 19" Style 230 Rims (Painted Matte Jet Anthracite)- CF Mirror Covers - OEM M3 Trunk Lip Wing. MODS - JB3 2.0 - BMS DCI - AR Design OC - Helix FMIC - Stett CP - Forge DV's - MS 3" Coated DP's - SuperSprint Catback
Appreciate 0