E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > 2011 E92 335i 6MT Lemans Blue/Saddle Brown M-Sport *Possible Seized Engine*

08-05-2022, 01:46 PM   #1
bimmerblake99
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2003 330i

2011 E92 335i 6MT Lemans Blue/Saddle Brown M-Sport *Possible Seized Engine*

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Okay everyone,

It is with a very heavy heart I have decided to try to let this go hopefully to someone who sees that the car is worth saving. I however work like crazy and just can't find the time.

I just purchased this beautiful example of an enthusiast owned E92 last September 2021 from another forum member (JaxMustang50) who ordered the car brand new from BMW of Jacksonville Florida, where the car remained in his ownership until I purchased last year at 93k miles, it currently has 97k.

This car is lemans blue on saddle brown interior, 6-speed manual, and m-sport package rwd making this at least the most desirable spec I have ever seen. It is also single hump (no nav) which I loved. It was always maintained at BMW of Jacksonville and during my ownership I changed the oil with liquid-molly twice in those 5k miles. Other maintenance includes:

Air conditioning evaporator and also replaced the heater core and condensation drain as a preventative.
At 68k miles, replaced the water pump and thermostat preventatively as well as upgrading to Evans coolant.
At 80k miles, replaced the serpentine belt, idler pulleys, and belt tensioner. Again, preventative maintenance for some sore areas these cars have.
Less than 1k miles ago brand new OEM coil packs and NGK spark plugs.

Now, onto the obviously bad. I hope to be as transparent here as possible so hopefully someone sees this car is worth saving. It was BONE STOCK up until three months ago I decided to go FBO, installed VRSF 5" intercooler, catless downpipes, charge pipe, and BMS intake. I flashed the MHD stage 2+ OTS map and went for the first test drive. Once it was up to operating temp, I did a WOT rolling pull and within about 2 seconds I heard a squeal from the engine bay and everything stopped, I lost power steering and the throttle was not working, the car was just coming to a stop. When it pulled itself over, I opened the hood and observed just a little smoke coming from the starter area which quickly dispersed. Yes, I put a breaker bar on the crank and could not rotate the engine. I have not done any further digging and do not know the point of failure. I would guess possibly rod bearings, although there was never ANY tick or knock leading up to this at all, or during the WOT pull the oil pickup was starved due to the oil pan design. I have no idea, and do not have the time to find out what the cause of the problem is. I returned the car to stock after this happened in the hope to get it fixed.

I really hope someone sees how special the car is and has more time and access to another n55 to swap in. I am not 100% it needs a whole new engine but from my limited knowledge it sure seems seized. The car NEVER gave me even the slightest hiccup, problem, or leak ever. This was my dream spec car and I am trying the forums first in hope that someone has the means to get her back on the road and enjoy it as much as it should be. I will attach the full maintenance history since new from the PO. I am firm on price, as I think it is very fair and once fixed this 2 owner dream spec is easily $20k+ these days.

Attached Images

Last edited by bimmerblake99; 08-05-2022 at 02:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 05:46 PM   #2
JB4N
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerblake99 View Post
Okay everyone,

It is with a very heavy heart I have decided to try to let this go hopefully to someone who sees that the car is worth saving. I however work like crazy and just can't find the time.

I just purchased this beautiful example of an enthusiast owned E92 last September 2021 from another forum member (JaxMustang50) who ordered the car brand new from BMW of Jacksonville Florida, where the car remained in his ownership until I purchased last year at 93k miles, it currently has 97k.

This car is lemans blue on saddle brown interior, 6-speed manual, and m-sport package rwd making this at least the most desirable spec I have ever seen. It is also single hump (no nav) which I loved. It was always maintained at BMW of Jacksonville and during my ownership I changed the oil with liquid-molly twice in those 5k miles. Other maintenance includes:

Air conditioning evaporator and also replaced the heater core and condensation drain as a preventative.
At 68k miles, replaced the water pump and thermostat preventatively as well as upgrading to Evans coolant.
At 80k miles, replaced the serpentine belt, idler pulleys, and belt tensioner. Again, preventative maintenance for some sore areas these cars have.
Less than 1k miles ago brand new OEM coil packs and NGK spark plugs.

Now, onto the obviously bad. I hope to be as transparent here as possible so hopefully someone sees this car is worth saving. It was BONE STOCK up until three months ago I decided to go FBO, installed VRSF 5" intercooler, catless downpipes, charge pipe, and BMS intake. I flashed the MHD stage 2+ OTS map and went for the first test drive. Once it was up to operating temp, I did a WOT rolling pull and within about 2 seconds I heard a squeal from the engine bay and everything stopped, I lost power steering and the throttle was not working, the car was just coming to a stop. When it pulled itself over, I opened the hood and observed just a little smoke coming from the starter area which quickly dispersed. Yes, I put a breaker bar on the crank and could not rotate the engine. I have not done any further digging and do not know the point of failure. I would guess possibly rod bearings, although there was never ANY tick or knock leading up to this at all, or during the WOT pull the oil pickup was starved due to the oil pan design. I have no idea, and do not have the time to find out what the cause of the problem is. I returned the car to stock after this happened in the hope to get it fixed.

I really hope someone sees how special the car is and has more time and access to another n55 to swap in. I am not 100% it needs a whole new engine but from my limited knowledge it sure seems seized. The car NEVER gave me even the slightest hiccup, problem, or leak ever. This was my dream spec car and I am trying the forums first in hope that someone has the means to get her back on the road and enjoy it as much as it should be. I will attach the full maintenance history since new from the PO. I am firm on price, as I think it is very fair and once fixed this 2 owner dream spec is easily $20k+ these days.
Sent PM
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 06:58 PM   #3
bimmerblake99
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB4N View Post
Sent PM
Replied!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 07:14 PM   #4
Soden82
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Local too…hmmmm
MHD tuned
VRSF Race IC
DCI
ATM exhaust
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2022, 07:35 AM   #5
Sprinting
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Pm sent
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2022, 06:26 PM   #6
jadkar
Rep
Drives: LSB E46 race car, E92, E93

So interested.... looking for a car to build to go along side my E46 LSB race car.....

....and I can't PM yet.... hate these damn 2003 rules!! I feel like I'm in detention , lol
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2022, 08:10 PM   #7
bimmerblake99
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadkar View Post
So interested.... looking for a car to build to go along side my E46 LSB race car.....

....and I can't PM yet.... hate these damn 2003 rules!! I feel like I'm in detention , lol
Had a fair amount of interest but I still have it. Feel free to text me at - six 03-247-5643

Also forgot to mention here the car has a brand new set of Firestone firehawk Indy 500s all around mounted and balanced right before this happened.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2022, 06:46 AM   #8
jadkar
Rep
Drives: LSB E46 race car, E92, E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerblake99 View Post
Had a fair amount of interest but I still have it. Feel free to text me at - six 03-247-5643

Also forgot to mention here the car has a brand new set of Firestone firehawk Indy 500s all around mounted and balanced right before this happened.
Thank you for getting back to me! I just sent you a text message.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2022, 09:10 PM   #9
bimmerblake99
Enlisted Member
Rep

Pending sale to a fellow forum member! Will update once officially sold. Very happy that this car will remain on here since BRAND new.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2022, 03:34 PM   #10
chris82
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [9.80]
Beautiful car, my brother had this exact spec except with a black interior, Lemans blue is very rare. GLWS!
Appreciate 0