E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Joining the BMW M Motorsport team at Le Mans

05-16-2011, 04:35 PM   #1
rismo
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 335

Joining the BMW M Motorsport team at Le Mans

Hi Guys,

Nothing realy to do with our cars, but I have received a very nice invitation from BMW Motorsport to join them for the weekend of 11 June at the 24 hours of Le Mans in France.
I will be a member of the team more or less and will hang around in the pits and the BMW hospitality camp during the race.

I will make a very nice photo rep of the event offcourse, but maybe the best thing is I will be all weekend with the engineers of the team and allowed to ask them some questions.

If there are people around here with some good questions just let me know and I will do my best to get some info back...
The team should also be well informed about the 1M (n54) so this could be quite interesting....

Not to show off, but I must admit to be quite excited about this opportunity..... :-)
BMW 335 E92 09 - Full options - DKG - MHD by Buraq - RB Next Gen - RB Inlets/Outlet - Forge Diverter Valves - AR Catless DP - Afe Intake - Helix IC - FuelIT Stage 2 LPFP - Ar Oil Cooler - PPK Water Cooler - M3 Suspension - JRZ RS1 Shocks - Eibach Pro Springs - Drexler LSD - BMW IS Exhaust - Carbon Endurance Brake Pads - Stainless Steel Brake Lines - M101 Wheels - Michelin PS2 - M-Tech Body - M-Strutbar
BMW M550i G30 2019 - BM3
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 04:53 PM   #2
original86
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90 335xi slow

ask them WTF we can do to rid our cars of carbon deposits failing injectors and failed HPFP.

edit : Definitely sounds awesome, I hope you have a great time... Take pics!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 04:56 PM   #3
twinturbopg
How you like them apples?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
+1
      05-16-2011, 05:25 PM   #4
rismo
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 335

Yeah I will bring a really nice high def camera... to take pictures and film shots... especialy the pits moments with the m3 GTS is going to be fun...

About the carbon, i'm pretty sure they will have a simple answer:

We replace all parts before each race... I asked them something similair about my diff and rubbers, they stated they replace such things every two races... (this was with a BMW GT3 team driving M3's)

But I will add it to the list and ask them about how to deal with carbon.

I was thinking myself about the power limits of the engine and the gearbox.
Also about alignment specs....
BMW 335 E92 09 - Full options - DKG - MHD by Buraq - RB Next Gen - RB Inlets/Outlet - Forge Diverter Valves - AR Catless DP - Afe Intake - Helix IC - FuelIT Stage 2 LPFP - Ar Oil Cooler - PPK Water Cooler - M3 Suspension - JRZ RS1 Shocks - Eibach Pro Springs - Drexler LSD - BMW IS Exhaust - Carbon Endurance Brake Pads - Stainless Steel Brake Lines - M101 Wheels - Michelin PS2 - M-Tech Body - M-Strutbar
BMW M550i G30 2019 - BM3
Appreciate 0