E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Vessel Centaurus Leader: ETA Port Hueneme Feb 23

03-15-2008, 12:13 PM   #177
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '09 MB SL63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by djlfp View Post
Mar 10...4. Falstaff
907/veh 105/sat/83/hh/1207/bmw/292/mini/2/rrveh/wwl/pac
That's a crazy one. You're right. It doesn't add up. I wonder if sat=Saturns. There were 1207 BMWs and 292 Minis. Since PH is a naval port, I wonder if some of those are military related; like that 2/rrveh. That is a lot of cars, though.

Nobody has any news on their cars, yet??
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2008, 05:48 PM   #178
djlfp
Private
Rep
Drives: '06 750Li
Location: On the ground at Pt Hueneme waiting to clear Customs/Ag

Quote:
Originally Posted by spn View Post
Nobody has any news on their cars, yet??
No news, but I am down to 9 days on my personally estimated countdown.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2008, 09:08 PM   #179
ALEXjules
Rep
Drives: 335i

My car came in Saturday afternoon. I am picking it up tomorrow...finally!!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2008, 09:28 PM   #180
djlfp
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXjules View Post
My car came in Saturday afternoon. I am picking it up tomorrow...finally!!
WOW! Congratulations! And you were on Centaurus Leader and Kassel, but not ED? [8 days]

Last edited by djlfp; 03-17-2008 at 09:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 12:37 AM   #181
08BMWMB80
Rep
Drives: BMW

My MB dealer told me they got my car today. I'm going there tomorrow for redelivery. So it'll be counted down to 4, not too bad. Total time from Sindelfingen pick up to tomorrow: 9 w and 1 d. ED in general is special, I guess for us whose cars were on Centaurus it's even more special.

djlfp: hope you'll get your Bimmer soon.

spn: thanks so much for all the info, keeping us informed through the shipping process and making the unbearable portion of the transit (after that accident) actually filled with fun. When you get you car in May, it'll be a smooth voyage.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 07:37 AM   #182
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08BMWMB80 View Post
My MB dealer told me they got my car today. I'm going there tomorrow for redelivery. So it'll be counted down to 4, not too bad. Total time from Sindelfingen pick up to tomorrow: 9 w and 1 d. ED in general is special, I guess for us whose cars were on Centaurus it's even more special.

djlfp: hope you'll get your Bimmer soon.

spn: thanks so much for all the info, keeping us informed through the shipping process and making the unbearable portion of the transit (after that accident) actually filled with fun. When you get you car in May, it'll be a smooth voyage.
You guys get the top award in patience. What a thread for the record books!I wonder what happened to CL. Maybe I will see her again in the coming months.

08BMWMB80-thanks for all you spy work! That was really great! Now I have a good picture in my mind of where my car will be going when it arrives in LA.

This has been great thread. I wish you all the best with your cars!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 11:15 AM   #183
matai78
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW

thanks for all the info these past weeks from everyone, i've been checking everyday what new info you all had...all of the tracking info was great to see! i'm picking up my car tomorrow!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 04:39 PM   #184
djlfp
Private
Rep

As expected, the car seems to be delayed in Customs/Ag inspection. My CA reported back to me this morning that the car had not yet been released to the VDC. I am still comfortable about my estimated delivery of one week from today, but now I believe that the chance beating my estimate is down to 20% and the chance of not arriving by then are up to 50%. [7 days]

08BMWMB80: Thank you for your involvement here and best wishes with your [perfidious] new vehicle. Your photos were outstanding and most appreciated. You guys (M-B) must have a much better way of dealing with Customs. My guess is that it has something to do with fewer ED Benzes and/or more new vehicle traffic into LA Long Beach, resulting in more inspectors.

spn: Congratulations on your promotion! Can't do better than dittos of 08BMWMB80's comments. Your help and photos were appreciated. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 08:23 PM   #185
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
As expected, the car seems to be delayed in Customs/Ag inspection. My CA reported back to me this morning that the car had not yet been released to the VDC. I am still comfortable about my estimated delivery of one week from today, but now I believe that the chance beating my estimate is down to 20% and the chance of not arriving by then are up to 50%. [7 days]

08BMWMB80: Thank you for your involvement here and best wishes with your [perfidious] new vehicle. Your photos were outstanding and most appreciated. You guys (M-B) must have a much better way of dealing with Customs. My guess is that it has something to do with fewer ED Benzes and/or more new vehicle traffic into LA Long Beach, resulting in more inspectors.

spn: Congratulations on your promotion! Can't do better than dittos of 08BMWMB80's comments. Your help and photos were appreciated. Thanks.
I didn't catch that I made major!! Do I get a pay raise??

Euro Delivery MBs have the same problem as BMWs; they take forever in customs. Both ports are actually doing better this year than last summer. When I was on this forum last summer, the MBs and BMWs were ALL taking three weeks to clear customs. It was really painful for the guys on the forum. Separate ports, both THREE weeks! It was probably a longer wait time back then because of the summertime; everyone wants to do EDs in summertime, so you can drive your car around Europe. (I did my ED in February and only spent the afternoon with it before I dropped it off at Harms. It was too snowy.) So, it could be worse. Didn't I see on the Hudson Leader forum that it was taking EDs nine days from ship to delivery? That isn't too bad. I can't remember when K docked, maybe six days ago??

I am sure this customs lag has something to do with stepped-up security and workload. I think MBs euro deliveries are up, as well, so I think overall, it isn't a whole lot better in LA. I think for you, djlfp, it is because so many ships have gone into PH lately. The port is actually in a lag this week. A LOT of ships docked last week.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2008, 04:53 PM   #186
djlfp
Private
Rep

Quote:
I didn't catch that I made major!! Do I get a pay raise??

I am sure that you will get at least a 10% bump.

Didn't I see on the Hudson Leader forum that it was taking EDs nine days from ship to delivery? That isn't too bad. I can't remember when K docked, maybe six days ago??

You are right - it was unloaded last Wednesday. I was just advised that it has been released to the carrier. About a day to go from US custody to trucker's custody. Can't complain about only a day at the VDC.

I am sure this customs lag has something to do with stepped-up security and workload. I think MBs euro deliveries are up, as well, so I think overall, it isn't a whole lot better in LA. I think for you, djlfp, it is because so many ships have gone into PH lately. The port is actually in a lag this week. A LOT of ships docked last week.
So now we will see about trucking. I do not know whether Easter or weekends have any impact, but I am now more confident about meeting my estimate of 13 days. [Six days]
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2008, 06:50 PM   #187
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
So now we will see about trucking. I do not know whether Easter or weekends have any impact, but I am now more confident about meeting my estimate of 13 days. [Six days]
If it has been released to carrier, call Waggoneers and they will give you an ETA @ dealership.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2008, 10:38 AM   #188
djlfp
Private
Rep

Quote:
If it has been released to carrier, call Waggoners and they will give you an ETA @ dealership.
Thanks for the suggestion. I had already done this before you suggested it and they said they had just received it, but had absolutely no idea when it would ship or when the dealer would get it. My CA had given me the typical BMW CYA estimate of April 1.

When I checked yesterday, I was advised that it was already on the road at some city that I did not recognize (or hear clearly) in California. I let my CA know that I expected it to arrive Friday and he responded that it was scheduled to arrive Saturday. My guess is that it will arrive after noon and before midnight today. At any rate, I will probably be able to take delivery tomorrow.

Throughout this ordeal BMW corporate has been supportive and encouraging. I will post their final grade as soon as it is available.
Appreciate 0