E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Installing Sirius without Satellite pre-wiring?

07-27-2010, 10:49 PM   #1
sna77
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Installing Sirius without Satellite pre-wiring?

Anyone been able to figure out how to do this? I have a 2006 325i sedan, and am missing the satellite prep wiring...

The connector in the trunk for what appears to be the CD changer, looks like it would fit the Sirius unit. Assuming I was able to wire a separate antenna to this module, would a dealer be able to code the car to accept this Sirius unit?

Thanks for any help

it fits
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2010, 11:06 PM   #2
Barbera335
Captain
Rep
Drives: F25

I think they all have sat prewiring, pull out your trunk floor and the harness should be at the front of the trunk in the center. Near the seatbacks in a well, it will be wrapped in a felt cover, peel that off and you should find it. If not your CD changer idea should work as well. But remember, there is a MOST bridge behind the LR seatback near the door that you will also have to connect in order to include your new SIRIUS reciever in the MOST loop.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2010, 11:47 PM   #3
sna77
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbera335 View Post
I think they all have sat prewiring, pull out your trunk floor and the harness should be at the front of the trunk in the center. Near the seatbacks in a well, it will be wrapped in a felt cover, peel that off and you should find it. If not your CD changer idea should work as well. But remember, there is a MOST bridge behind the LR seatback near the door that you will also have to connect in order to include your new SIRIUS reciever in the MOST loop.
Option code: 0693 Satellite radio preparation. My car does not have this.

According to this post:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...39#post2856239

my trunk should look like this if it has Sat prep:

whereas this is my actual trunk:
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2010, 01:34 AM   #4
FallBlau
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335xi

the cable you pictured should be for bluetooth module. you don't have the sat radio cable/prep. yes you should be able to use cd changer for installing sat radio, i think cd changer cable is under the drivers side panel in the trunk.
see this DIY :
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ight=satellite
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2010, 06:02 AM   #5
sna77
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallBlau View Post
the cable you pictured should be for bluetooth module. you don't have the sat radio cable/prep. yes you should be able to use cd changer for installing sat radio, i think cd changer cable is under the drivers side panel in the trunk.
see this DIY :
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ight=satellite
Awesome, thanks!
Appreciate 0