E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > BM Performance Exhaust - few months in

02-15-2013, 09:29 AM   #1
nealer74
Private
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

BM Performance Exhaust - few months in

Have to say I was disappointed when I got the PE, it seemed a bit tame unless you floored it... however now its been on the car a few months and about 1k miles (car has been in the garage keeping warm a lot) I'm really glad i chose this one.

First top-down drive through the country side today and was taking a few detours to go under bridges like a big kid... its bedded in now and has a really distinctive and addictive growl.

One bad point though ... on the way home I called into the local dealer to see about getting the coding sorted (mirror drop in reverse etc.) and noticed they had a 2010 M3 Convertible ... thought it would be rude not to take a drive ... thought it would be really bad manners not to get a quote to change - now I want it .. long story short-ish there may be a BM PE for sale on here very soon
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 09:57 AM   #2
Toughtop
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E93 m3

Got an M3 convertible and doesn't sound as though you need much encouragement as almost a done deal.. But do it..

Yeah ok has an extra 200kg over the coup, so not an all out speed machine, but still impressive.. Very little scuttle shake (you know e93 chasis anyway ex suspension) and V8 does sound great in sport mode.

If you haven't got them on your current car make sure it has heated seats and decent contrasting leather as obviously more on show with top down, i've got JB and fox red that IMO works well.

Price - seeing some stonking deals on the M3's new at the moment, 0% PCP and lease, which is affecting second hand prices but there just isn't the volume of verts - when I bought mine in the franchisees network think there were about 3 against a dozen coupe's. Feel that because of this the £2,500 premium on them new, would still apply second hand over a similar coup..
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 10:35 AM   #3
E92MP
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by nealer74 View Post
Have to say I was disappointed when I got the PE, it seemed a bit tame unless you floored it... however now its been on the car a few months and about 1k miles (car has been in the garage keeping warm a lot) I'm really glad i chose this one.

First top-down drive through the country side today and was taking a few detours to go under bridges like a big kid... its bedded in now and has a really distinctive and addictive growl.

One bad point though ... on the way home I called into the local dealer to see about getting the coding sorted (mirror drop in reverse etc.) and noticed they had a 2010 M3 Convertible ... thought it would be rude not to take a drive ... thought it would be really bad manners not to get a quote to change - now I want it .. long story short-ish there may be a BM PE for sale on here very soon
Hi, I just got one fitted last week and I'm not bowled over for the price.

Also it was fitted incorrectly.

Do you have any pics of yours, I'd be interested to see it.
Appreciate 0