E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Parting out your car and the responsibilities that we should all have.

07-07-2015, 10:56 AM   #23
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambobimmer View Post
I want to let everyone know that this has been resolved. It took 11 days before it was shipped but I expect to get it this week. I still don't agree that this is how we should be doing business but I am at least happy to get what I have paid for. There are going to be those one off situations in which something comes up and can't be shipped and most people are reasonable but this should not be them norm. I have sold a lot of items on this board and others and I have always shipped the item right away and at the latest within 2 days.

I appreciate all of the replies and I am glad to hear that most of you agree with me.
Glad it worked out in the end..

Mike
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2015, 11:22 AM   #24
Lambobimmer
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i, 2018 TTRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mex2309 View Post
rant rant. feel better?
So, you would be fine if someone told you that they had mailed what you bought twice and they never did after paying them $700. I doubt that you would be okay with that.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2015, 11:39 AM   #25
rohitsja
MUHAAHAA
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 xDrive40i/ 09 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
i always give a week before i start getting nervous. you have 45 days to make a claim, so no sense jumping the gun on the 3rd day...

And if you need something quick, better to go through a vendor than a random person selling a used part. You never know what can come up in someone's life.

My situation would lead to some unexpected ship times. I have 2 houses atm and all my stuff is split up between the two. Im in the process of moving everything, but I couldnt tell you what I have at which house. If I was selling something, it could very well be at the other house, that is 2-3 hrs away depending on traffic, that I only go to on the weekends. I would hope someone wouldnt get upset if I couldnt ship out right away because of that... However, I do try to communicate my situations when I do sell things, but I also travel a ton for work, sometimes out of county, and am not always able to get to a phone to text or email.
Or you could simply not put it up for sale if you have that many things going on. It is plain disrespect to the buyer imo.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2015, 12:32 PM   #26
mex2309
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 335i MSport X-Drive AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambobimmer View Post
So, you would be fine if someone told you that they had mailed what you bought twice and they never did after paying them $700. I doubt that you would be okay with that.
haha no. I would probably just take out my frustration w/ a run or workout instead of ranting on a forum. But thats just me. As someone already said here there's a risk with w/ buying and sellings used items over a forum.
      07-07-2015, 12:56 PM   #27
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions View Post
Unfortunately this is the risk when buying used items in online classifieds anywhere.

I agree if someone is going to sell something, they should ship within 1-2 business days, otherwise don't post it up for sale until you can complete the transaction in a timely manner.

My advice, by local or buy new from a trusted vendor. Peace of mind is always my priority with any transaction.
Agreed. I take pride in making sure buyers of anything that I sell are 100% completely satisfied through the entire transaction process; unfortunately not everyone operates under that same principal.

Luckily most parts for these cars are cheap enough NEW that it just isn't worth the gamble/hassle of potentially dealing with the "scumbag steves" of this world to try and save a few bucks. That's the price you pay when dealing in the secondary market lol lambo problems
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2015, 01:01 PM   #28
Lambobimmer
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i, 2018 TTRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCobra94 View Post
Agreed. I take pride in making sure buyers of anything that I sell are 100% completely satisfied through the entire transaction process; unfortunately not everyone operates under that same principal.

Luckily most parts for these cars are cheap enough NEW that it just isn't worth the gamble/hassle of potentially dealing with the "scumbag steves" of this world to try and save a few bucks. That's the price you pay when dealing in the secondary market lol lambo problems
True. I have bought a lot from other members on this board and I have had nothing but good experiences until this one. Ultimately, it got resolved.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2015, 01:15 PM   #29
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitsja View Post
Or you could simply not put it up for sale if you have that many things going on. It is plain disrespect to the buyer imo.
I will probably not get down time for a while so you are saying i can never sell?

Like i said, if you need something asap, better to buy new. Vendors will almost always be able to process orders much faster.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2015, 01:53 PM   #30
rohitsja
MUHAAHAA
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 xDrive40i/ 09 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
I will probably not get down time for a while so you are saying i can never sell?

Like i said, if you need something asap, better to buy new. Vendors will almost always be able to process orders much faster.
nope, i should have just quoted a few portions of your original post but I was lazy.
Anyway my point was that if you have 2 houses and don't know where your stuff is that you are trying to sell and can only drive up to it only over the weekend then that is something that the buyer must be either aware of before hand (that buying this item doesn't mean it ships in a day or two) or simply put it up for sale when its in your hands or post it up for sale near the end of the week. if you have to travel a lot for work then simply put things up for sale at a time when you know for sure are not travelling, at least that day and not make the buyer wait. I do know that u mentioned that you will make the buyer aware should there be a scenario like that which is excellent but there is just no reason for the seller not to respond to the OP for that long unless there was a genuine emergency.
I have had bad experiences in the past and it does annoy me when I do not hear anything back from the seller for more than a few days after making the payment.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2015, 03:00 PM   #31
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitsja View Post
nope, i should have just quoted a few portions of your original post but I was lazy.
Anyway my point was that if you have 2 houses and don't know where your stuff is that you are trying to sell and can only drive up to it only over the weekend then that is something that the buyer must be either aware of before hand (that buying this item doesn't mean it ships in a day or two) or simply put it up for sale when its in your hands or post it up for sale near the end of the week. if you have to travel a lot for work then simply put things up for sale at a time when you know for sure are not travelling, at least that day and not make the buyer wait. I do know that u mentioned that you will make the buyer aware should there be a scenario like that which is excellent but there is just no reason for the seller not to respond to the OP for that long unless there was a genuine emergency.
I have had bad experiences in the past and it does annoy me when I do not hear anything back from the seller for more than a few days after making the payment.
I understand that, as I have been scammed in the past as well. But that is why Paypal allows up to 45 days.
Appreciate 0