E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Annoying rattle/buzz

09-08-2012, 02:46 PM   #1
chriz1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 320d?

Annoying rattle/buzz

Hi all my 320d seems to have starting making a weird rattle/buzz sound when i start off from stzandstill more so when from cold but is still there when engine is warm, it's coming from either the centre of the dash or middle of engine bay,I took engine over off and thought it could be this think I've replaced it ok and still does it. Anyone had this before?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 03:15 PM   #2
leetennis
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 3 M Sport

There was a ahem "product enhancement" to fix a rattle on the air intake that sit directly above the grills.
As you have fiddled in the engine bay it has made me suggest this first. Try lifting the bonnet whilst the engine is running an hold the black intake and see it it helps.

There is also known rattles in the dash and gear lever, i have tolerated mine long enough but now it's gotta get sorted during its first service.
Appreciate 0