E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Need info, coilovers,springs and vmr wheels

02-13-2010, 02:25 PM   #1
06Arctic
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i Arctic Metallic

Garage List
Question Need info, coilovers,springs and vmr wheels

I am planning to get VMR wheels, but looking into coilovers...

Which are the best set up for simple drop (not too aggressive) but quality made for the east coast snow/salt and poor road conditions like potholes.

I do not want to beat up my kidneys but yet have the nice appearance of a drop for the 19" VMR wheels. I do have occasional long drives and prefer comfortable driving.

Any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2010, 03:08 PM   #2
fdriller9
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 AW 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [6.44]
Do you want to be able to adjust rebound and dampening? If not then a set of shock and springs should be fine...If you want a little more height adjust-ability then get a basic set of coilovers such as the KW V1. Anything more than that is overkill if you just wanna lower your car. Also if you choose to opt for the height adjustable coilovers, you can't just lower and raise the car as you please. You also need an alignment each time you do so.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2010, 03:18 PM   #3
06Arctic
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Thanks, my concern is more on ride quality due to road conditions (pot holes) and snow but also maintain a comfortable ride... so I wasn't sure if coilovers, shocks/springs are the better answer besides a drop. If that helps????
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2010, 04:55 PM   #4
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ********* View Post
Do you want to be able to adjust rebound and dampening? If not then a set of shock and springs should be fine...If you want a little more height adjust-ability then get a basic set of coilovers such as the KW V1. Anything more than that is overkill if you just wanna lower your car. Also if you choose to opt for the height adjustable coilovers, you can't just lower and raise the car as you please. You also need an alignment each time you do so.
Very well said, unless you absolutely need the adjustment, go with a spring/shock combo like the H&R Cup Kit or Koni FSD/Eibach Pro Kit combo.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2010, 05:31 PM   #5
06Arctic
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
Very well said, unless you absolutely need the adjustment, go with a spring/shock combo like the H&R Cup Kit or Koni FSD/Eibach Pro Kit combo.
Thanks Nick, PM received.. Looks like I will go with the H&R Cup Kit, seems they are more evened out
Appreciate 0