E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Cats...

01-23-2010, 11:45 AM   #1
Jon D
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2022 840d

Cats...

I do realise that this is not a BMW specific question, but I think I'll meet with understanding and perhaps sympathy from fellow forum users.

My partner's cats have started using my shiny Le Mans blue E92 as a climbing frame, resulting in significant scratch marks in the paintwork which, to say the least, pushes my sense of humour limits.

I don't think a cloth cover will work as the little shits will only dig their claws in further in order to hang on. Short of killing them, which would probably result in my partner's displeasure, has anyone any suggestions as to how to keep them off my car?

Thanks,

Jon D.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 11:54 AM   #2
BGM
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F20 M140i

chain a dog to it ?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 11:57 AM   #3
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep
Drives: 530d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM View Post
chain a dog to it ?
That's a bit cruel. Poor dog, having a cat chained to it. Just chain the cats up.

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman - M135i
Now: 530d
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 12:02 PM   #4
Silver Shadow
Second Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: E90 325d M Sport LCI

Change partners??

On a serious note.. can cats have their claws trimmed like dogs?
http://www.e90post.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=60056&dateline=126193  4242 LCI E90 M Sport Auto ~ Titanium Silver ~ Black Dakota ~ Rear Tints ~ Heated Seats ~ Folding Mirrors ~ Bluetooth ~ Goodyear F1's ~
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 12:03 PM   #5
MIKEYBMW1
GT3
England
Rep
Drives: PORSCHE GT3

very strange ,we have 5 Bengal cats and a moggy and although they often sit on the roof of our cars they never scratch them ,cats will not put there claws out on a car usually and only use trees etc to sharpen there claws, you must have a nutter cat .
      01-23-2010, 12:04 PM   #6
MIKEYBMW1
GT3
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Shadow View Post
Change partners??

On a serious note.. can cats have their claws trimmed like dogs?
yes you should clip there claws every couple of weeks or so
      01-23-2010, 12:06 PM   #7
MIKEYBMW1
GT3
England
Rep

you won't keep them off mate ,I gave up along time ago , you see the car gets warm in the sun and thats why they like to sit on it ,usually the roof
      01-23-2010, 12:39 PM   #8
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
How about trying one of these:

http://www.pond-products.co.uk/Gardman_Cat_Gard.htm

Worth a try?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 01:13 PM   #9
MIKEYBMW1
GT3
England
Rep

then his cats wouldn't go outside or come home even , and thats if it even works , he will be pleased ,partner will go nuts , trust me .
      01-23-2010, 01:14 PM   #10
KadeSdad
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E350 CDI Sport Cabriolet

Throw some ground white pepper around the car, one whiff of that and the little feckers will never be back, same goes for orange peel.

Water pistols are also extremely good fun!

Or buy an air rifle.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 01:29 PM   #11
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEYBMW1 View Post
then his cats wouldn't go outside or come home even , and thats if it even works , he will be pleased ,partner will go nuts , trust me .
Cats and partner, 2 birds and all that!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 02:10 PM   #12
jamiestuart
Rep
Drives: 335d m sport

Cats

I had the same problem with my neighbors cat and found out that it was allergic to boiling water.
Sounds harsh but wrecked my bonnet to my new 330m
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 03:26 PM   #13
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiestuart View Post
I had the same problem with my neighbors cat and found out that it was allergic to boiling water.
Sounds harsh but wrecked my bonnet to my new 330m
For the record, I dunno in what context you might have meant that - as in a splash, a cupful, a bath etc...

My view would be that cats don't know any better, whilst both you and your neighbours do.

So in keeping with the forum rules let me just say (in a non threatening manner) that I imagine your allergic to boiling water too, and from the sounds of things there's a good fucking chance you'd do us all a favour if you submerged yourself in some and fucked off back to whichever redneck town you came from.

Matt
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 03:32 PM   #14
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
I find liquid nitrogen works well.
      01-23-2010, 03:53 PM   #15
jjbirch
Banned
Rep
Drives: E60 530D M SPORT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingKileak View Post
For the record, I dunno in what context you might have meant that - as in a splash, a cupful, a bath etc...

My view would be that cats don't know any better, whilst both you and your neighbours do.

So in keeping with the forum rules let me just say (in a non threatening manner) that I imagine your allergic to boiling water too, and from the sounds of things there's a good fucking chance you'd do us all a favour if you submerged yourself in some and fucked off back to whichever redneck town you came from.

Matt
i dont think you can class a cat as a human for one they dont talklol, for me i class them as vermin they really piss me off, i never allow pets indoors and was brought up that way i cant stick people treating them like a child kissing them and talking all funny, i have 2 dogs both springers for shooting, i have nothing against cats but i dont like them lol if i see one sitting on my car i will move it, if it happends again the cat is going to eat some lead
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 04:00 PM   #16
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: m

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbirch View Post
i dont think you can class a cat as a human for one they dont talklol, for me i class them as vermin they really piss me off, i never allow pets indoors and was brought up that way i cant stick people treating them like a child kissing them and talking all funny, i have 2 dogs both springers for shooting, i have nothing against cats but i dont like them lol if i see one sitting on my car i will move it, if it happends again the cat is going to eat some lead
Well that sounds insane. Your a just a big hairy primate, lol. And of course cats talk, they have a complex language system. Just because your the big dumb primate who cant understand cat words, yet dogs and cats can learn english, well that makes you the dumb one, not the cat. Your dna is 99% identical to a chimps....so your like a pet. Maybe we shouldnt let you indoors. I wont say more since im on a public forum but man humans have such an ego.

Cats will go to the best spot. Sprinkle some stuff like pepper or whatever cats dont like around the car, and make a warmer nice spot for the cats elsewhere. Sit the cat on the new spot and they should start going there.

Or just take a squirt bottle and squirt near them and they will move and usually not come back.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 04:03 PM   #17
jjbirch
Banned
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
Well that sounds insane. Your a just a big hairy primate, lol. And of course cats talk, they have a complex language system. Just because your the big dumb primate who cant understand cat words, yet dogs and cats can learn english, well that makes you the dumb one, not the cat. Your dna is 99% identical to a chimps....so your like a pet. Maybe we shouldnt let you indoors. I wont say more since im on a public forum but man humans have such an ego.

Cats will go to the best spot. Sprinkle some stuff like pepper or whatever cats dont like around the car, and make a warmer nice spot for the cats elsewhere. Sit the cat on the new spot and they should start going there.

Or just take a squirt bottle and squirt near them and they will move and usually not come back.
so your saying you can have a one on one with a cat,

now you sound like the dumb fucker
99% like a chimp lol so they can take work pay all the bills, and think like humans can, i can really see that
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 04:03 PM   #18
jamiestuart
Rep
Drives: 335d m sport

Cheers

Quote:

Matt
Where you my neighbor by any chance.
PS. its called humor.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 04:05 PM   #19
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbirch View Post
Did suggest they were like humans??

How does the idea that using boiling water to deter cats being offensive to me mean I treat them like babies 'talking all funny' etc??

If a cat pisses me off I'll chuck it off the car, shoot it with a super soaker, send my dog to chase it away etc... Boiling water?

You people on crack or something?

Matt
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 04:07 PM   #20
jjbirch
Banned
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Did suggest they were like humans??

How does the idea that using boiling water to deter cats being offensive to me mean I treat them like babies 'talking all funny' etc??

If a cat pisses me off I'll chuck it off the car, shoot it with a super soaker, send my dog to chase it away etc... Boiling water?

You people on crack or something?

Matt
i am really bored tonight, guess i got a yank to bite lol

may watch live at the apollo soon maybe i will find that funny lol
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 04:09 PM   #21
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiestuart View Post
Where you my neighbor by ant chance.
PS. its called humor.
Did you and JJ go to the same school by any chance lol?

Humour is all about context and delivery - we don't know you here, your post isn't even close to funny or suggestive that you mean it to be humorous... Basically if you told a joke, you missed out... Well everything funny.

Your statement therefore is basically a lot like pointing and laughing at a disabled kid without letting anyone else know what has tickled you.

Matt
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 04:11 PM   #22
jjbirch
Banned
Rep

Garage List
are u taking the piss now you cant i may have to give you a dry slap boy lol
where is everyone
Appreciate 0