E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > 335i leaking red fluid

09-27-2014, 06:17 AM   #1
1cleann55
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

335i leaking red fluid

Hey guys so i was doing work under my car this passed weekend and when i took the undertray off, all the way to the right passenger side on the tray seems to have a tiny bit of reddish looking fluid. Only things above where the leak is seems to be some coolant lines and the oil cooler but i cant recall what uses this reddish colored fluid. Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 06:58 AM   #2
Briancanadiano
Brian335tt
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i premium package 19"ri

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cleann55 View Post
Hey guys so i was doing work under my car this passed weekend and when i took the undertray off, all the way to the right passenger side on the tray seems to have a tiny bit of reddish looking fluid. Only things above where the leak is seems to be some coolant lines and the oil cooler but i cant recall what uses this reddish colored fluid. Any ideas?
Tranny fluid? Very common issue cracked belly pan
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 10:01 AM   #3
1cleann55
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briancanadiano View Post
Tranny fluid? Very common issue cracked belly pan
But its up front of the passenger side by the wheel basically.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 10:10 AM   #4
Schmidty335i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i PS2 turbo FBO JB4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cleann55 View Post
what kind of texture does the fluid have? is it oily, watery, thick? usually trans fluid is the first thing that comes to mind. have you checked all your fluids to make sure that none of them are low? could find the problem right there
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 10:48 AM   #5
1cleann55
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty335i View Post
what kind of texture does the fluid have? is it oily, watery, thick? usually trans fluid is the first thing that comes to mind. have you checked all your fluids to make sure that none of them are low? could find the problem right there
I haven't checked car was involved in a accident the very next day that i discovered the leak. Its at my friends shop now. I kinda was asking just to have an idea of what i should be looking for.

Texture is thin, slightly between watery and oily
Appreciate 0