E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Thinking of buying a new BMW?

03-03-2013, 07:27 PM   #45
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by gIzzE View Post
Have you driven a car with VDC and standard suspension back to back?

It went from a must have to an I'm not bothered when I did.
Must admit i haven't as they are hard to come by. Reason i'm after it is that HighlandPete strongly recommended it.

But i take your point and will try my best to find one to drive.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 05:00 AM   #46
mowflow
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Golf 7R

Like anything else in life it's situation dependent and requires a bit of thought.

To me there is little difference between PCP and leasing/contract hire or whatever you want to call it. With both you are buying depreciation rather than a car and in both cases you are more than likely to have very little to nothing at the end of the term.

You see great lease deals but it's a bit like winning the lottery if what you want is on a great deal when you are in a position to change. Sometimes it can mean compromising on spec and with some of the PCP deals available these days you could be compromising for sake of a £20 a month saving.

Everyone buys cars differently but I tend to look at every financial option and don't write anything off just because it's against what others think (i.e. those that don't believe in credit). The key for me is spending no more than i want to spend and liking the car. I've went with cars that have been great deals, drawn in by the feeling of getting a great deal only to realise that the car doesn't really suit me a bit like walking around in shoes that are not my style and 2 sizes to big.