E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > E Series NBT Evo Retrofit Development Thread

06-14-2023, 08:55 AM   #419
stel_i79
Rep
Drives: 2006-530i

hey NICK
nice to see u are back posting
if u still interested to sell your evo please let me know
i would love to buy it from you
best regards
steli
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2023, 07:01 AM   #420
The-Traveler
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & G30 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by domdel View Post
Hi DLS
I would like to hear more about this. I've been having a hard time trying to flash one of my Nbt evos. Any of your knowledge would be greatly
appreciated. In particular, i would like to hear about the timings to flash and the connection with usb to ethernet adapter, I thought this was only possible on cic. thanks dom
Anyway you can help me with this, please? I have retrofitted hw4 nbt evo (id6) running formware O and want to flash with esys but run into no gateway problems.

Using ENET through OBD2. E92 LCI had enet pins in OBD.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-04-2023, 12:47 PM   #421
antoxa256
Rep
Drives: E60

Hello everyone!

I’m wondering if someone might’ve experienced the issues that Im having now and can help:
I’m installing the NBT Evo into my E60, using the adapter from BimmerRetrofit (turned out to be a piece of crap and the customer support is on par).
The adapter has a number of bugs, but the main show stopper is that it prevents my car from going to sleep - car stays active and “agitated” even after I lock it. Sometimes everything works great so nbt and adapter would go to sleep couple seconds after car goes to sleep. But later if I wake up the car by opening the door for example - it can stay in a wake state forever.
So maybe someone had similar problems.

I’ve disabled the sleep_delay in evo and it helped a bit, but didn’t fix the problem.
It feels like the CAS can’t go to sleep because of some illegal can-chatter on the bus, when there shouldn’t be any. And if I disconnect the plug from the adapter - the car and nbt goes to sleep right away.

Any input is welcome here Cheers guys!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2023, 01:07 PM   #422
calicoupe
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 6mt, e92 335i 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Traveler View Post
I got everything working
Did you also get echo cancellation to work on the IA amp? Interested to see if this is possible without swapping to an F30 L7 amp.
TIA!
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2023, 04:14 PM   #423
The-Traveler
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicoupe View Post
Did you also get echo cancellation to work on the IA amp? Interested to see if this is possible without swapping to an F30 L7 amp.
TIA!
I did not, I think it is possible with bench flashing equipment and direct PCB access.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2023, 12:00 PM   #424
Teq
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickco43 View Post

I made it work.
Can anyone explain why are connectors made iso use the shark fin which comes with the atm module?

Does the atm module has to be mounted in a special direction?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2023, 04:43 PM   #425
Teq
First Lieutenant
Rep

No one?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2023, 09:34 AM   #426
The-Traveler
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teq View Post
No one?
What are you asking?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2023, 01:26 AM   #427
Teq
First Lieutenant
Rep

The picture Nickco43 posted he made 4 connectors. I want to know why he didn't use the sharkfin which goes with the atm.
Also does the atm has a mandatory installation position or can you just install it on its side?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2024, 07:03 AM   #428
Superwofy
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 0475

Hi all,

In case anybody is interested I've completed and released my own NBT emulation code. I've been working on it for the last few months and it is now a part of my CAN module.

As far as I am aware, this is the only non-commercial solution. Anyone can read the source and modify as they please. No VIN locking, no bs. Everything I've tested so far works.

Since it is part of the module, *some* work is required to run it standalone. I'm not particularly interested in doing that since for my application I don't foresee ever using the car without all the other functions provided.

All CAN message documentation can be found in the txt files of the repo and obviously the source code.

Hopefully this brings some more life to this platform. Happy coding 👍

https://github.com/superwofy/E9X-M-C...ration-Module/

Appreciate 4
RedErik1023.50
Nickco431457.50
      01-30-2024, 10:45 AM   #429
kevinm03
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Comp Santorini Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superwofy View Post
Hi all,

In case anybody is interested I've completed and released my own NBT emulation code. I've been working on it for the last few months and it is now a part of my CAN module.

As far as I am aware, this is the only non-commercial solution. Anyone can read the source and modify as they please. No VIN locking, no bs. Everything I've tested so far works.

Since it is part of the module, *some* work is required to run it standalone. I'm not particularly interested in doing that since for my application I don't foresee ever using the car without all the other functions provided.

All CAN message documentation can be found in the txt files of the repo and obviously the source code.

Thanks for sharing. Does this work with NBT evo as well? Does it do anything to help with the call echo with Individual Audio amps?

Previous: G20 M340i, F36 430d, Mk7 GTI PP, Mk5 GTI ED30
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2024, 01:47 PM   #430
calicoupe
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 6mt, e92 335i 6mt

Quote:
The picture Nickco43 posted he made 4 connectors. I want to know why he didn't use the sharkfin which goes with the atm.
Also does the atm has a mandatory installation position or can you just install it on its side?
There are two different types of ATMs for this retrofit, there is one that lives in the trunk and has external connections to the arial (found in convertibles and i'm sure others) and one attaches to the roof with an integrated shark fin (what Nick is using). The roof modules are far more common but that module does not physically fit into an e-series car roof. So you can either try what i did which is leave the shark fin attached and find a place to secure the ATM module (mine lives in inside the rear left fender, there is access from inside the trunk behind the trunk liner), but my GPS signal isn't that great. So you either have to mount it on the back deck in the rear window with good line of sight to satellites (that works but looks trashy and can't hide the wires easily), get a trunk-style ATM module which are hard to find, or do what Nick did to try and wire up the ATM to the existing arial/sharkfin.
Appreciate 1
Teq41.00
      02-21-2024, 03:43 PM   #431
Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 BMW M3

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Hi all,

I love this. I might put an NBT into my M3 now.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2024, 05:48 PM   #432
Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 BMW M3

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Use a trunk mounted ATM. I was originally just being cheap.
Appreciate 1
Teq41.00
      02-25-2024, 11:52 AM   #433
grahams
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 135i, Clio 172

Hi all,
Currently fitting an NBTEVO ID to a UK spec e91 2011.
Primary usage will be carplay.

Couple of questions I could do some help with at this point:
Where can I get the ID5 or ID6 firmware files from. My dataset is 4.43.10 so too new. Is there a reason why I would chose ID6 over ID5 when I can code ID6lite as the HMI version?
Is/what coding required in the e91 to utilise the system.

thanks for help. Will post up more as I progress
      02-26-2024, 07:28 AM   #434
rlesko
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Garage List
2012 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Hi all,

this is SO FREAKING AWESOME!! Thanks for sharing with the community
      02-27-2024, 09:17 AM   #435
Superwofy
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 0475

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm03 View Post
Thanks for sharing. Does this work with NBT evo as well? Does it do anything to help with the call echo with Individual Audio amps?
Yes, now it does support EVO per the latest commit. No, it does not do anything about the echo as that's an amplifier issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickco43 View Post
I love this. I might put an NBT into my M3 now.
I've now had both ID6 and ID3 and ID3 is by far more compatible. With the changed car graphics, it integrates nearly perfectly in my car.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2024, 06:04 AM   #436
painsage
Rep
Drives: BMW E60 520d

Hi all, right now i am buying parts to do EVO retrofit in my 2006 E60. I wanted to ask two things. Can the adapter work with MASK2 faceplate or does it have to be CIC? If it can't, is it possible to change the software on the MASK2 faceplate to work with eNBT, since i see MASK2 and CIC faceplate are identical. Also has anyone gotten the EVO to work with OBD port? Only 4 wires for ethernet and resistor if needed and that's all? I got my eNBT from bmw************** and got the base eNBT adapter, i see it has a pin for steering wheel mode? Does anyone know more about this i don't quite understand it. Thank you
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2024, 02:07 PM   #437
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E63 645Ci

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by painsage View Post
Hi all, right now i am buying parts to do EVO retrofit in my 2006 E60. I wanted to ask two things. Can the adapter work with MASK2 faceplate or does it have to be CIC? If it can't, is it possible to change the software on the MASK2 faceplate to work with eNBT, since i see MASK2 and CIC faceplate are identical. Also has anyone gotten the EVO to work with OBD port? Only 4 wires for ethernet and resistor if needed and that's all? I got my eNBT from bmw************** and got the base eNBT adapter, i see it has a pin for steering wheel mode? Does anyone know more about this i don't quite understand it. Thank you
If you got your emulator from Adrian @ Custom Retrofit Garage in Romania then yes, it can work with MASK2 panel. There is a resistor that needa to be removed from the emulator to switch it to work with MASK2 panel. Adrian also works closely with Car Systems in Ukraine so I can only assume their emulators allow for that as well.

As for the OBD port, I never bothered with it, because I had issues coding my unit with the gateway. So my setup has wiring for the gateway and ethernet cable in the glovebox.

I'm not sure what emulator you got, so can't comment on the steering wheel pin... unless that's the one that allows you select some scrolling modes types or something - it makes no difference for me so...

I think you got emulator from Adrian considering all of the above.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2024, 03:59 PM   #438
painsage
Rep

Hi, the emulator is from Adrian, correct. I got the base version which costs 350eur. I'm hoping it will be enough for me, seems like it is not that hard to connect. Has anyone gotten the EVO working with the CCC Controller (ZBE)?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2024, 04:18 PM   #439
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E63 645Ci

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by painsage View Post
Hi, the emulator is from Adrian, correct. I got the base version which costs 350eur. I'm hoping it will be enough for me, seems like it is not that hard to connect. Has anyone gotten the EVO working with the CCC Controller (ZBE)?
You need to shift the 0 resistor from CIC to MASK

As for the CCC controller, if you follow the wiring diagrams you will be able to use it with EVO, however I would strongly recommend getting a new controller as it greatly helps with navigating menus.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2024, 04:50 PM   #440
painsage
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedErik View Post
You need to shift the 0 resistor from CIC to MASK

As for the CCC controller, if you follow the wiring diagrams you will be able to use it with EVO, however I would strongly recommend getting a new controller as it greatly helps with navigating menus.
Hi, thanks for the help this is a must do. The problem with ZBE is the cutting of the trim. I can not find alu cube trim for cic for e60. So i guess i either have to cut my factory one, and i dont have a 3d print or something similar to help with the cutting, i don't know how it is going to turn out. Anyone done this?
Appreciate 0