E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Sold the 335 Touring and bought an X5....

02-18-2011, 05:59 PM   #23
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335d M-Sport

Aldborough Hatch/Newbury Park...

Still not been to Smith's for a meal though must get down there soon.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 06:21 PM   #24
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X70 on the way

Ha Ha Stevie

You're following my path

I got an X5 late last year. Still using it in place of the fast datsun as the roads are crap. But it's not that far down on torque!

Look forward to seeing how you give it the Hoops treatment.

More importantly hope all goes well with the birth.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 06:35 PM   #25
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 xDrive35d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterS3 View Post
Ha Ha Stevie

You're following my path

I got an X5 late last year. Still using it in place of the fast datsun as the roads are crap. But it's not that far down on torque!

Look forward to seeing how you give it the Hoops treatment.

More importantly hope all goes well with the birth.
Thanks fella. Have you fettled with your X5 yet??? Be good to see some pics if you have.
      02-18-2011, 06:38 PM   #26
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 xDrive35d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicnerve View Post
Aldborough Hatch/Newbury Park...

Still not been to Smith's for a meal though must get down there soon.
Have you tried Sheesh yet in Chigwell?? We were invited to the launch which was quite a giggle and so ashamedly "Essex!!!" - but equally a laugh. Worth trying though if you are in Chiggers!!
      02-19-2011, 02:15 AM   #27
NickP
Detailing
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330d

Your 335 looked perfect, if it had been a D I'd have been snapping your arm off for it!

Hope all goes well with today's possible arrival
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2011, 02:36 AM   #28
briers
Ben
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla p85d

I love that 335, looks in really good nick and finished very well. New one equally as nice and I will keep it from the mrs as she loves them.

All the best for you're imminent arrival.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2011, 05:14 AM   #29
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335d M-Sport

Steve,

Not been to Sheesh either yet I'm affraid. The missus is always nagging for me to take her out so that's looking like a good candidate!! Then Smith's, then the other place, Alexsander's is it???

briers,

The car is indeed lovely, when I saw her last night she looked stunning under the street lamps. Not 100% sure about the wheels, they're a bit too convex for my liking but as an overall package the car looks spot on.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2011, 07:06 AM   #30
Oli
Campervan man
Rep
Drives: RS3 and VW Kombi

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerbird View Post
Steve I wished you'd got another RRS
But an absolute dog to drive compared to the X5, and every chav and their mate seems to be getting a RRS now.........all just my personal opinion of course.

Love the X5 Steve.

Genuine VW T5 California Rental
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2011, 07:14 AM   #31
davyk31
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS :-) & F40 M135i

What engine is the x5 ? What options has it?

I changed from E53 to an E70 X5 just before Christmas and love it to bits, great family car.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2011, 09:24 AM   #32
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: Merc diesel

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli View Post
But an absolute dog to drive compared to the X5, and every chav and their mate seems to be getting a RRS now.........all just my personal opinion of course.

Love the X5 Steve.
Never driven either but Steve seems to like them but this time around was for the reasons he stated.

The chavs in Hull can't afford one lol.

Steve knows I won't bullshit him and will be honest. The X5 doesn't do anything for me but as you say all just personal preferences and doesn't mean he shouldn't have bought one lol.

Porsche Cayenne is ugly imo but never driven a 4x4 that is so much like a car in the handling department!

Of course, I did mention the Q7 V12 diesel but price tag is a touch on the high side.

Last edited by beemerbird; 02-19-2011 at 09:45 AM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2011, 02:05 PM   #33
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVIEHOOPS View Post
Thanks fella. Have you fettled with your X5 yet??? Be good to see some pics if you have.
Nah i pretty much spec'd up mine to the max even the sound system! The only thing i regret not getting was comfort entry to match the fast datsun. I have stuff like HUD which i would love in the FD.
Would like bigger wheels but the roads around Glasgow and my drive are seriously horrendous. Even in the X5 you have to drop into some of the potholes at crawling speed.

I have installed LI 'parking sensors' but going to have to get special brackets made up for the front as they sit too far back and are not effective. But that's about it.

Would like a tune, but doesn't appear to be one oh and paddles. 300bhp and 8 speed shouldn't need it, but i find that there are occasions where i miss it.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2011, 02:08 PM   #34
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli View Post

Love the X5 Steve.
I'd agree with Oli on the driving experience. As strange as it sounds for a 4WD bus. It handles and drives pretty well. Plus BMW have the best Denzel engine
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2011, 02:09 PM   #35
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Loving the touring, done a pukka job there!!!

How long will the X5 last LOL!!
      02-19-2011, 02:11 PM   #36
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Never driven either but Steve seems to like them but this time around was for the reasons he stated.

The chavs in Hull can't afford one lol.

Steve knows I won't bullshit him and will be honest. The X5 doesn't do anything for me but as you say all just personal preferences and doesn't mean he shouldn't have bought one lol.

Porsche Cayenne is ugly imo but never driven a 4x4 that is so much like a car in the handling department!

Of course, I did mention the Q7 V12 diesel but price tag is a touch on the high side.
I did think about the Porsche but for me driving to work it's too show offy if that makes sense. Plus i wanted a denzel.

The Q7 V12 is mental...it's probably just as economical as the X5M!!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2011, 02:13 PM   #37
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Loving the touring, done a pukka job there!!!

How long will the X5 last LOL!!
Totally agree, that's why i want to see what happens to the X5
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2011, 02:29 PM   #38
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I did think about the Porsche but for me driving to work it's too show offy if that makes sense. Plus i wanted a denzel.

The Q7 V12 is mental...it's probably just as economical as the X5M!!
Fair point, mind you see a few about now so..........they do a diesel, 240 bhp, 0-62 in 7.8, combined mpg - 38.2.

Around 25 mpg combined I think lol............mind you that torque would pull side of a house down! Is the mpg too bad considering it weighs OVER 2.5 tonnes.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2011, 02:36 PM   #39
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Fair point, mind you see a few about now so..........they do a diesel, 240 bhp, 0-62 in 7.8, combined mpg - 38.2.

Around 25 mpg combined I think lol............mind you that torque would pull side of a house down! Is the mpg too bad considering it weighs OVER 2.5 tonnes.
True all have their merits, but for me the 40d engine has the edge in terms of power / economy balance. especially when they put in the 8speed box as one of the things i hated about the 335D was the gearbox.

Saying that with the roads as they are, the power is pretty redundant most of the time and the RRS would be better for cruising about it in Apparently the ladies prefer it
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2011, 03:02 PM   #40
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
True all have their merits, but for me the 40d engine has the edge in terms of power / economy balance. especially when they put in the 8speed box as one of the things i hated about the 335D was the gearbox.

Saying that with the roads as they are, the power is pretty redundant most of the time and the RRS would be better for cruising about it in Apparently the ladies prefer it
Furry muff Ian.

Oh I don't know, move to East Yorks and I can show you many miles of empty roads where one can really boot it. How do you think I run my cars in quite a short period of time.

Which ladies...........me or the ones you pulled whilst driving a RRS.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2011, 03:13 PM   #41
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Furry muff Ian.

Oh I don't know, move to East Yorks and I can show you many miles of empty roads where one can really boot it. How do you think I run my cars in quite a short period of time.

Which ladies...........me or the ones you pulled whilst driving a RRS.
I've been down to East Yorks a few times and yeh the roads are great. But i'd miss the nightlife of Glasgow!

As for ladies...i've never owned an RRS...... And i see more driving them than guys up in Glasgow (same goes for X5's and most SUV's!)

In Glasgow a flash car would put the ladies off or at least that's my excuse and i'm sticking to it
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2011, 03:23 PM   #42
Gibbo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Golf Ed35

Nice car Steve, my dad has the exact same car a 4.0d SE Sport Pack in Space Grey. I prefer the look of these compared to the M Sport models and I look forward to seeing what mods you make.
      02-19-2011, 03:49 PM   #43
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I've been down to East Yorks a few times and yeh the roads are great. But i'd miss the nightlife of Glasgow!

As for ladies...i've never owned an RRS...... And i see more driving them than guys up in Glasgow (same goes for X5's and most SUV's!)

In Glasgow a flash car would put the ladies off or at least that's my excuse and i'm sticking to it
What and you've never bought me a coffee!!!! Wtf.

Hull is only up the road........just don't expect too high a class of company......that's a bit unkind to be fair lol. It is lively though, put it that way!

Ha, ha.......ok I believe you. Saw a 60 plate black fast Datsun t'other day on the A63 trundling along..........he had the window down and was smoking a cig. Now I smoke but NOT in my car........tut, tut.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2011, 04:30 PM   #44
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
What and you've never bought me a coffee!!!! Wtf.

Hull is only up the road........just don't expect too high a class of company......that's a bit unkind to be fair lol. It is lively though, put it that way!

Ha, ha.......ok I believe you. Saw a 60 plate black fast Datsun t'other day on the A63 trundling along..........he had the window down and was smoking a cig. Now I smoke but NOT in my car........tut, tut.
It was a few years ago, before i signed up here....next time i will

Yeh my mates band used to play a Hull a lot, so i know quite a bit about it.....

Bizarrely I drive mine at night mostly....when i drive it during the day, you get people racing you, etc...much more fun on dry roads at night.
Appreciate 0