E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Running cable trunk to interior.

02-20-2011, 08:30 PM   #1
Zeppelin
Rep
Drives: '07 328i sedan

Running cable trunk to interior.

'07 328i sedan without rear fold down seats. I'd like to run an antenna cable through the trunk into the interior - is there a "best" place to get wire into the interior from the trunk?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2011, 11:48 AM   #2
sngencarelli
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 E93

It's pretty easy if you have something stiff like a wire fish tape or even a very long zip tie. Basically, pull up on the front of the rear seat bottoms to release them from their clips.. Pull the seat away from the rear seat backs. There is an opening that runs the length of the back seat, right underneath the rear seat backs. Just shove whatever tool you're using (fish tape, long zip tie, etc) into that crack and look for it in the trunk. (You'll need to first remove the trunk storage compartment cover from the car)

Once you have your fish tape/zip tie in the trunk, tape your antenna wire to it and then pull it back through the other side. You could try fishing the antenna wire directly into the trunk, but it's really not stiff enough and you'll get frustrated trying to get it into the trunk.

Hope that helps!
Appreciate 0