E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > ivo @ columbus automotive

08-09-2012, 09:26 PM   #23
kalamokid
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvtec View Post
I'm not sure why I bother but when bs story's come to light it bother me
When you look at all the top notch old school guys we all goto Ivo and there is a reason why.
Do I need say more.
I agree....I am super picky with my car. There are enough guys on this forum that go to him that should be proof enough. Super nice and he takes his time. Also, very honest. I had some work done at his shop last month and have no complaints. Who else will pick up his phone on long weekend to trouble shoot for you????

Just curious, can you even put a clutch on backwards?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 10:14 PM   #24
jayzF30
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 335i, '09 M3

No a clutch can't be put in backwards lol this dude is full of it wow!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 10:31 PM   #25
marcvtec
Banned
Rep
Drives: M5

False information does not travel far.
The good always travels way further.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 11:49 PM   #26
TheKid
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 335is

I too find this very hard to believe, a shop that is known to house some of the fastest N54s in canada and has done numerous turbo and LSD jobs is going to f*ck up a clutch install??? cool story bro!.....
      08-10-2012, 06:43 AM   #27
Tzu
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i

I came back to read this and the misplaced thread in the classified section, "read" is subjective.

Also, I was with Ivo for a few hours yesterday and it sounds like this dude didn't want to front for a new flywheel initially, and just wanted to make sure it would last the rest of the summer. Meaning you knew it was on its last legs anyway. Meaning you were prepared to put in a new flywheel next summer. Meaning you were going to do it again anyway.

Relax dude, Ivo is a stand up guy.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 06:45 AM   #28
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 6SPD MANUAL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzu View Post
I came back to read this and the misplaced thread in the classified section, "read" is subjective.

Also, I was with Ivo for a few hours yesterday and it sounds like this dude didn't want to front for a new flywheel initially, and just wanted to make sure it would last the rest of the summer. Meaning you knew it was on its last legs anyway. Meaning you were prepared to put in a new flywheel next summer. Meaning you were going to do it again anyway.

Relax dude, Ivo is a stand up guy.
Good thanks for adding the missing info, I had a feeling about this.

Link to my M4 euro delivery! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1006526
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 06:47 AM   #29
KCX_335xi
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 | 2013 e70 X5

Ivo did a great job installing my CP couple weeks ago.... He also pointed out that my ER FMIC pipe is rubbing against my AC line, and fixed that as well... Top notch in my books, and the fact that he actually took the time to explain everything to me, was absolutely awesome !
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 06:51 AM   #30
jayzF30
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Knew this was a typical half truth
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 08:53 AM   #31
Boltords
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Garage List
2007 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKid View Post
I too find this very hard to believe, a shop that is known to house some of the fastest N54s in canada and has done numerous turbo and LSD jobs is going to f*ck up a clutch install??? cool story bro!.....

WOULDN'T BE GOING FOR WRHP ON PUMP IF IT WASN'T FOR THIS MAN!!!

My car has been in complete pieces numerous times, for every mod you can imagine to be put on this car... And guess what, he gets my referral at every car show/meet I goto... even the vette and stang shows that I roll into lmao

Quit talking that crap on this forum.. #purebs

2007 BMW 335i Sport Package / 6MT Mods: Wavetrac LSD / Rob Beck Turbos / Forged Diverter Valves / AR Catless DP's / CF Amuse Trunk / CF M3 Hood / Cyba Scoops / BMS DCI / JB4 / Rotora 6Piston BBK / 14" Drilled & Slotted Rotors WTB: HPF IC & Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 09:00 AM   #32
jayzF30
Captain
No_Country
Rep

threads/posts like this dude's can put a bad name on an honest hard working man's shop over night

jkilla this was lame and low no matter what you say "bro"...hey that almost rhymes? lol
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 09:33 AM   #33
MarkD
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 74 tii, 93 M5 x2, 07 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvtec View Post
I'm not sure why I bother but when bs story's come to light it bother me
When you look at all the top notch old school guys we all goto Ivo and there is a reason why.
Do I need say more.
Right

It's because he is probably the cheapest place. I doubt he's the only good BMW mechanic out there.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 10:06 AM   #34
nitehawk
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 335i 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
Right

It's because he is probably the cheapest place. I doubt he's the only good BMW mechanic out there.
More like he is one of the most experienced with the N54. Ivo has probably done more turbo upgrades, LSD swaps and M3 suspension conversions in the GTA than anyone else. Thats not to say there aren't other competent shops out there, but you get my point.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 03:39 PM   #35
MarkD
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 74 tii, 93 M5 x2, 07 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitehawk View Post
More like he is one of the most experienced with the N54. Ivo has probably done more turbo upgrades, LSD swaps and M3 suspension conversions in the GTA than anyone else. Thats not to say there aren't other competent shops out there, but you get my point.
One good mechanic who nobody here mentioned was Trevor Hayes who was running Advanced Knowledge Automotive in Richmond Hill till two months ago. People who went to him realised that he clearly knew what he was doing, and his rates were very reasonable. He just didn't get many people from here going to try him out. Those that tried him kept going back.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #36
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:
One good mechanic who nobody here mentioned was Trevor Hayes who was running Advanced Knowledge Automotive in Richmond Hill till two months ago. People who went to him realised that he clearly knew what he was doing, and his rates were very reasonable. He just didn't get many people from here going to try him out. Those that tried him kept going back.
I was waiting for you to post this like you always do LOL.
You're a funny guy Mark.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S

Last edited by Dr. G; 08-10-2012 at 04:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 04:17 PM   #37
Boltords
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Garage List
2007 335i  [10.00]
Quote:

Beg to differ and prob why he's not there anymore. I give everyone a fair shot. And was referred to him before I tried ivo.. this guy never ever answered his phone. Ever! Lost his good mechanic respect in my books if you can't even answer a phone on multiple attempts.. drove all the way up there once for him to not be open on a weekday at 2-3pm?

Give me a break..

2007 BMW 335i Sport Package / 6MT Mods: Wavetrac LSD / Rob Beck Turbos / Forged Diverter Valves / AR Catless DP's / CF Amuse Trunk / CF M3 Hood / Cyba Scoops / BMS DCI / JB4 / Rotora 6Piston BBK / 14" Drilled & Slotted Rotors WTB: HPF IC & Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 06:40 PM   #38
n52330i
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltords View Post
Beg to differ and prob why he's not there anymore. I give everyone a fair shot. And was referred to him before I tried ivo.. this guy never ever answered his phone. Ever! Lost his good mechanic respect in my books if you can't even answer a phone on multiple attempts.. drove all the way up there once for him to not be open on a weekday at 2-3pm?

Give me a break..
Happen to me too! I went one day and we was not there. I tried to call never an answer.

He was soooo good he close down. Makes sense to me.

I try many shops in Toronto , there are a few good one and many bad.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 07:30 PM   #39
marcvtec
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Right

Wow really dumbass,
I could not care what his price is it's all about how he treats your car.
And considering I have done engine swaps and numerous bolt ons with my own two hands.
I can simply state that his hands are the the only others that I see touching my N54.
He is very precise and careful when I watch him work I always think to my self,,,, and here is the key point, that's what I would do.
Please do not bother replying your worthless IMO.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #40
marcvtec
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Exactly
No need to add more lol
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 07:36 PM   #41
marcvtec
Banned
Rep

Quote:
So he's not in business any more lol
That's funny, thanks for letting us know, he must have been great lol
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 05:02 AM   #42
nitehawk
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 335i 6MT

Garage List
Jkilla has been banned; moving on...my wavetrac + m3 bits are going in next week

Last edited by nitehawk; 08-11-2012 at 05:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 09:22 PM   #43
TheKid
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 335is

Marcvtec saw your whip at IVO's this morning, what stage clutch are you installing? also the ghetto tinted tail-lights u saw on 427/dundas was probably me....thanks lol
      08-12-2012, 10:00 AM   #44
marcvtec
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Marcvtec saw your whip at IVO's this morning, what stage clutch are you installing? also the ghetto tinted tail-lights u saw on 427/dundas was probably me....thanks lol
Hey
Doing a few things, act street clutch, shocks, changing a bad coil, general checkup, lubing DV's etc
Stop trying to race my wife in her silver amg lol
I saw you at the beer store also let's have a beer
Appreciate 0