E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Collinite 845..... weird stuff!!

10-31-2010, 05:43 PM   #1
JohnnyT
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 4Runner. Former 09 328i.

Collinite 845..... weird stuff!!

I got it in the mail on Thursday. It was like a thick, pastey mess. I put the bottle in some warm water and it loosened up nicely.

Put the first layer on last night........ it smelled like gas, looked like either wallpaper paste or baby vomit (can't decide which description comes closest) and I shook it really well for 2 days ...... either way , it was just weird. I said "Oh well, here goes" and then I couldn't believe I was putting this stuff on my car.

In any event.... it went on easy, and came off easy.

I put the second layer on my car this morning and after all was said and done, I used about 1/4 of the bottle. Not much. A little goes a long way with this stuff.

How long it lasts is anyone's guess. Hopefully it goes 3-4 months as others here have said.

It's just very different than any other wax/sealant I've ever used so if you are buying it, don't be scared when you first get it and put it on.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2010, 08:18 PM   #2
Cosmin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: german v6

1/4 from bottle for 2 applications sounds a lot to me.
if that 1/4 is around 2 oz it may be ok.
so far i am sold to opti-coat , the original condition ask for a good wash and claybar, i took the car to car wash and i only pressure wash the car without even touch the paint and look like new and smooth like just detailed.
      10-31-2010, 08:26 PM   #3
MuttGrunt
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: beater;)

^ We're still testing our Opti-coat, and have some new challengers to try against it in the nano-coating range.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2010, 09:21 PM   #4
jopa489
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with Wheels

I use 845 in the winter for my DDs. Stuff is indeed "weird" the first time you use it, but works great. Even through harsh NE winters, it will last 4+ months. I usually apply 2 coats in late November, and that lasts until the warmer weather.

X7 LCI // Incoming
C7 ZR1 ZTK // Sebring + TRX // Hydro + Raptor Gen1 Roush // Tuxedo
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2010, 10:32 PM   #5
Jean-Claude
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3

845 is good stuff. I keep it in my arsenal.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2010, 10:29 AM   #6
Bobble
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Whatever POS the wife leaves

It certainly can be thick and separate easily. I put a couple glass marbles in the bottle to help mix it up. It does have a solvent smell to it. Just wahsed the GF's truck which had two coats 6 months ago and still beads nice.Stuff really does last a long time especially in Socal.
Appreciate 0