E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Sellers Beware!! Paypal Scam by DKUCHTA

09-14-2010, 07:26 PM   #23
GTakacs
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTiceman View Post
You should be able to sue him in either state as it involves interstate commerce and your state might have a long-arm statute that allows for you to sue him in your domicile state
I guess that's true. But what good is a judgment against someone in a different state? Good luck collecting on it.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2010, 07:37 PM   #24
cb1111
I ask the questions you're afraid to ask.
Rep
Drives: 335xi

How did you ship them? USPS?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2010, 08:29 PM   #25
MTibbs
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by techlogik View Post
I always do an immediate transfer to my bank account when I get paid for something. Wait until it hits your bank account, then ship the item. That might take 3 days, but so what..you CYA.

That way, if they reverse or debit your PP account minus money...no biggie!!! WTF is PP going to do? Nothing they can do.

Let them close your PP account or make it negative.

You have proven to them the wheels are fine and PP sided with you...let PP and the CC company fight it out.
Yeah but I don't want a negative on my credit report......

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1111 View Post
How did you ship them? USPS?
Shipped UPS with tracking
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2010, 08:48 PM   #26
401FlaGATOR
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 325i ZSP, F30 320i ZSP

Hi I'd like to chime in seeing as how the same thing happened to me except I was the buyer..

I bought Style 189 Wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE05A RFT on them. From a guy in New Jersey.

Put the wheels on my E90 and everytime I got to around 45-60 the steering wheel would start to shimmy noticeably.. Took the car to Ft. Myers BMW and they did the Road Force Hunter alignment (hope I got it right), the best aligment possible and the techs said the either the wheel or the tire were out of round and they could not get it perfect..

Now fast forward to the first flat I got due to a nail on one of the rears. Replaced the tire with a new Potenza and the wheel shake was noticeably less, almost imperceptible. Then 2 months later another punture flat on one of the fronts this time and another new tire, and the problem disappeared.

Something was wrong with the tires I think is the conclusion I am trying to get at.. How it became so is anybody's guess, the tires were shipped inflated. After reading a horrible story of a girl getting killed when a tire exploded in her lap I think it's best to partially deflate the tire to near low pressure for shipping to avoid catastrophe in an airplane (sudden change in air pressure???).

I was pissed and went after the guy with emails stating he had sold me bent rims but in the end I was partly wrong and he was parly right.. His rims weren't bent it was something with his tires.. He never marked which one was RF, LF, RR, LR BTW.

As far as your recourse in this issue with the buyer.. I think it's fair that the buyer return the wheels to you and you refund him his money. You can then take off the tires and just sell the wheels if you are convinced there is nothing wrong with them. This is BS that he gets to keep your rims and your money!!

The guy may be correct in his statement about the ride not being so great..

Then I had an experience with a fellow that works for turner motorsport, he just bought a 335i and needed to get rid of the Style 230 wheels. I took them off his hands and he says his guys at Turner took like 2-3 hours packing the wheels and tires.. the wheels and tires were almost flawless when I received them and put them on and the drive on them was flawless..

Last edited by 401FlaGATOR; 09-14-2010 at 09:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 12:23 PM   #27
techlogik
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i Dravit Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brey335i View Post
I think that's what he did. He did say that Paypal now claims he owes them $700 didn't he?
Ok, didn't read carefully enough...then big deal!

So you owe them...doesn't mean anything. Never heard of PP going to court to get an injunction saying you owe them money for a bogus chargeback when PP sided with the PP customer.

Good luck!
      09-16-2010, 12:50 PM   #28
apd0451
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 07 328i

Paypal

I had paypal do the same thing to me over something I sold on ebay. I had already sent the money to my bank account so they showed my paypal as the negative they said I owed. I never paid them and they just closed my account. They cannot prove who you are to ding your credit, all they have is a name and bank account or credit card. I just opened a new account in my wife's name using same bank account and credit card. They make so much money off each transaction they aren't going to worry about $700, it's not worth the hassle to them.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2010, 01:56 PM   #29
DKUCHTA
Rep
Drives: 01 325Vert, 06 sedan, 06 Wagon

Wow just saw this, I have already spoken to M Tibbs on the phone.

I received these wheels, put them on and they blew out my bushings on my control arm, went right to MR tire to have them balanced and they said two were badly bent and one was slightly bent.

I told M Tibbs and he ignored me and said it was my fault. I took to another shop(goodyear) and they said the same thing. I took them off and have been sitting in garage. I tried to work somthing, however I have been screwed before.

I am still loosing $200 with nothing to show.

I also think the wheels are bent due to M Tibbs removing the tires with a tire iron in his driveway.

I am a 100% honest person and even though I am loosing $200 over this I am still going to help him out and pack them up and send back or work with UPS.

Just a shame M Tibbs wasnt open to listening or helping me out in the begining..

As he said.. WE both learned our lesson from buying/selling online.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2010, 11:47 AM   #30
MTibbs
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Yeah, I bent wheels with my bare hands. I'm flattered you think that I am that strong.....LOL. You are really ignorant. Guess ill see you in court.

Last edited by MTibbs; 12-07-2010 at 11:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2010, 12:22 PM   #31
lpphreakx06
Professional Moose Racer
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: SG 335i E92 RIP + 2015 SS M3

Wheels dont have to "look" bent to be bent. It can be very subtle.

Hopefully it works out for both of you.

BMW Dream Team PNW Chapter, member #1
|HP Autowerks | AR DESIGN | BMW PERFORMANCE | STOP TECH | Volk Racing| AMS | ARKYM
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2010, 12:30 PM   #32
FJc335
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: platinum bronze e92

Somebody did that to me one time and paypal took the money and put it in a holding account till it's resolved. I can't see how his credit card company can just reverse the payment. I was told by discover card one time that they can't just reverse paypal payment unless it the was reported stolen. He would have to take it up with paypal and paypal puts the funds into a holding account. But then again, that was couple years ago. Not sure how it is now. You should talke to paypal again. I think as long as he did not report his credit card was stolen, you should still have a shot with paypal.

Broken promises don't upset me. I just think, why did they believe me?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2010, 12:40 PM   #33
StatenEye
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M F85

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
I sent a brand new iphone to Russia. The person claimed they never got it and Paypal took the money fom me. So I gave and iphone away for free, plus paid $60 to ship it to their door, I was also charged eBay and Paypal fees. yeahhh!! love it.

I would ask a few board members in his area to get together and pay a visit... take picture and video tape the convo. Send the video to paypal.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2010, 01:30 PM   #34
MTibbs
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

That's the best part! Paypal did an investegation on their end and sided with ME!
Appreciate 0