E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > How to get BMW to change your oil under warranty?

01-07-2010, 03:29 PM   #23
Bobble
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Whatever POS the wife leaves

Could it just be they spilled oil when they did change it and only now because of the driveway angle it's showing up. Either way have them check the leak out, determine the cause if any and if you want them to change the oil be perpared to fork over @$130 as they simply won't do it outside of the maintenace plans paramters IE every 15K OR once a year if you put less than 15K on the car. Mine goes in Tuesday for it's first scheduled maintenance visit and it'll have less than 14K so we'll see if they reset the OBC.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2010, 04:45 PM   #24
A4rings
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 Space 335i

Ok so BMW of Sb called me today and said that the leaked oil was from a previouse repair to the power steering system and whoever did the work failed to clean up after themselves. They wanted me tonpay 65 $ to clean it up since it was not covere under the warranty.

Now I'm having a hard time having rusnak BMW reinburs me the money because they want me to drive over 100 miles to their dealership to get it cleaned up. Problem is that I am at school and can't make t down there during the week. Geez what a great start to my BMW experience, but I guess Audi wasn't all that much better.....
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2010, 04:54 PM   #25
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Ask SB to contact/bill Rusnak for their shoody work?

Power steering oil is black???
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2010, 07:03 PM   #26
AlanAZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 325i sport manual

BMW of SB.. say no more. I went there to buy a new cabin filter for my E46, they wanted close to 50% more than I paid Seattle BMW for the previous one. Needless to say, I said keep it and bought from BavAuto. Unless you're rich, you'll want to go to a different dealer.

Power steering oil is black. And why did the CPO inspection not catch this??
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2010, 08:29 PM   #27
travelinman53
Olde Fart Young at Heart
Rep
Drives: 08 335, 95 M3

Garage List
95 M3  [0.00]
Where ever the heck is Rodney "Can't we all just get along?" King when we need him???
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2010, 09:15 PM   #28
jopa489
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4rings View Post
hahah you guys crack me up. I just purchased a CPO 335i and when i got home it leaked black oil all over my driveway and you are telling me that they don't owe me anything. you have got to be kidding me. The oil does not look like it is 3k miles old, this damn BMW runs soo hot that it seems like a good idea to have clean oil in the car. half of you guys sound like you have a stick up your ass. calm down. Thanks to the others for the the advice. And finally, Takashi, go drive your hybrid and get the hell out of here with the punctuation crap. I attend UCSB and have to punctuate correctly when i write essays but not on the internet. Just curious to see where you were educated?
Dude, you're overreacting. I completely agree the car should not be leaking oil, but that's another issue entirely. All oil looks black after it's been in there for a few miles.

Ask the dealer to give you a copy of the service history. If the oil change was performed at 15k, then either forget about it completely or pay the $50 to have it changed for your own peace of mind (or DIY).

X7 LCI // Incoming
C7 ZR1 ZTK // Sebring + TRX // Hydro + Raptor Gen1 Roush // Tuxedo
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2010, 10:16 PM   #29
subec3b
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW E90, 335i

Quote:
I attend UCSB and have to punctuate correctly when i write essays but not on the internet.
I am from UCSB too. I am surprised that they admitted a person with such poor English to attend as I am very sure you did not pass English requirements. I don't know how well your essays are written but if they are written like your first post, I think you should be looking at other options.

Are you sure you are from UCSB or did you just google a University close to where you live and post it in here to defend yourself?
      01-08-2010, 07:41 AM   #30
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
The oil does not look like it is 3k miles old, this damn BMW runs soo hot that it seems like a good idea to have clean oil in the car.
FYi.. Never comment on what motor looks like when trying to assess it's condition/age. You'll get your man card revoked for that.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2010, 09:27 PM   #31
number335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiVeDh View Post
I heard you're entitled to one free one per year regardless of mileage... can anyone confirm?
I purchased my car on 02/08. My dealer gave me a free low mileage oil change on 02/09 (l yr) with only 5k miles.

Around 10/09 my service light went on and my dealer called me to come in for my regular service although I only had 7k miles. So I only drove it another 2k miles in 7 months, but my dealer gave me another free oil change anyway...and I didn't even ask for one.

I don't think all dealers do this though unless you've completed a full year after your last oil change or 15k miles.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2010, 10:31 AM   #32
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

How much does it cost to have a lab check your oil? Any prefered labs to note?
Appreciate 0