E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Any Solution for MP3 Playback Issue on E90 Nav prof?

01-10-2007, 03:47 PM   #1
onyx
Registered
Rep
Drives: -

Question MP3 Playback Problems NAVI prof on E90?

Is there a Solution available for the MP3 Playback Issue (Song Skipping) on E90/E91 Cars with NAV. prof.?

The Problem with Song Skipping happens with different CDr Media and Burning Speed.
I've got NO CD-Charger and i'am only using the CD-Drive from the Nav. prof. Unit for MP3 Playback.

The Dealer can't help anymore....
I've got a new Software Update (Progman V24.1) + a new CD-Drive Unit -> but MP3 Playback / Song Skipping Problem is still there

Hope, someone here could help me.
cya

Last edited by onyx; 01-11-2007 at 03:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2007, 04:01 PM   #2
bakdraft
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 320 D, March 2006,

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx
Is there a Solution available for the MP3 Playback Issue (Song Skipping) on E90/E91 Cars with NAV. prof.?

The Problem with Song Skipping happens with different CDr Media and Burning Speed.
I've got NO CD-Charger and i'am only using the CD-Drive from the Nav. prof. Unit for MP3 Playback.

The Dealer can't help anymore....
I've got a new Software Update (Progman V24.1) + a new CD-Drive Unit -> but MP3 Playback / Song Skipping Problem is still there

Hope, someone here could help me.
cya
Quite possibly..yes...

I had the exact same problem but recently resolved it.

In my case it was the DVD / CD burner. The burner worked fine for all other things except the BMW.

In the end I bought a new burner ( HP 940 E DVD burner ) this burner has auto self calibration and maybe this helps.

Either way, since using the new burner no more skipping.

My old burner is still fine for other things..

Dave
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2007, 11:48 AM   #3
onyx
Registered
Rep
Drives: -

I think the burner ist not the Problem. I tried about 10 different CDr Media and used 3 different PCs with (NEC, LITEON, LG) Burners.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2007, 11:52 AM   #4
bakdraft
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 320 D, March 2006,

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx
I think the burner ist not the Problem. I tried about 10 different CDr Media and used 3 different PCs with (NEC, LITEON, LG) Burners.
All I can say is ... so did I... I have LG, Yamaha, Philips... but only the HP fixed it... as I say , for me, I think it may be the self calibration.... it definitely was not the media..

Dave
Appreciate 0