E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Problems using Bluetooth with PPC-6700

06-15-2007, 08:14 AM   #1
vxb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 328 2007 335i coupe

Problems using Bluetooth with PPC-6700

I know some people have reported this problem already but I wonder if someone came up with a solution. I have to reinitialize the BT partnership every time I restart the car. I don't have a nav system and I did install the jetware software on the pda.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2007, 08:41 AM   #2
msimon18
Retired
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 s30i

Garage List
vxb,

Yup !! I also have a 6700 and the same issue occurs with me. Here is what I have found:

- each time you restart the car the partnership is re-established and the phone book is re-downloaded
- if you generally leave the power the the device off (press power button quickly) then it will not pair even thought the green - phone and blue - bluetooth indicators are flashing -- you actually have to leave the device on by pressing and holding the power button till the backlight goes off but the device stays powered (at times it has trouble coming back on again (have to hold the power button till the backlight comes on again) - it wil ON:Y pair reliably if you leave the phone pda functions ON.
- I found and loaded a program Jetware Mobile that improves the operation of the bluetooth on the phone (www.jetware.com)

The 6700 is a real pice of s__t. I am on my FOURTH one in 18 months. BAttery operation sucks, functions fail to work randomly, operation of any feature is not consistent, battery life is about 1 day with only a few calls so I carry a spare battery, after any soft reset it comes up with a dead battery indicator and will not charge (have to play with it to get it to accept the charger then all is ok again). If it weren't for the fact that the phone is wifi and has the memory slot I would throw it in the trash can. But ... it does work with the BMW bluetooth quite well once you get operational.

Hope all this helps.

M3 GTR - 1/5 scale - 4.2 HP w/ Collari hydraulic brakes - would you believe ~80 MPH on straightaway !!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2007, 09:58 AM   #3
vxb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 328 2007 335i coupe

Thanks a lot, will try your recommendations
Appreciate 0