E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > another school shooting....

02-15-2008, 01:45 AM   #23
tweak84
i shake a lot
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4M 17 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoKids View Post
what are you talking about? every day the past 2 weeks there's been a shooting on the front page. i was going to say something yesterday and WHAM another shooting this morning. wtf?
i know what u mean...i was just talking about these mass school shootings like the va tech school shooting last year and all that but yea seriously if its not at a school its somewhere else...2 weeks ago not far from where this happened some dumbshit went into a store and shot like five or six people...i mean what the fuck is going on? its always some piece of shit kid or low life that cant stand there own existence so they think they have to take out people that do...just like that kid that shot all those people at that mall a few months ago, in his letter he said he "wanted to go out in style," fuck whats up with people these days?sorry for the rant, it just really pisses me off
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2008, 04:23 AM   #24
Kilockel
I like monkeys.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet black 2006 BMW E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
Don't be scared. Live your life. If something happens and you're in it, it was meant to be, unfortunately.

Don't walk around scared about 'terrorist'(or whatever they call them) or people that shoot up schools.

People are gonna do what they do, regardless.

Just be happy and everything else will work out. (I'm sure you're a happy guy as is.).

If you're in harms way, maybe it was your time to experience it, regardless of whether we're 'good people' or not.

That's life, unfortunately.

Just because an area is supposed to be 'safe' doesn't mean it will be.

Your home is no safer than the school(unless of course you have guns and other weapons in your home to protect you).
I agree with your message.

It's unfortunate that things happen the way the do, sometimes.

However there's nothing we can do.

Why are we posting like this?
      02-15-2008, 05:16 AM   #25
ironjw
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lux.sh View Post
BAN FIREARMS. NOW.

NRA ain't gonna let that happen.. even if it does, theres no point cuz you can still buy em on the street!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2008, 08:02 AM   #26
NYBMW335
Lieutenant
Portugal
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i jet black/black

In a way i think the problem is the NEWS... Hear me out, the main reason these kids do this, is because somehow they feel left out, or were made fun off, or didn't get enough attention. These kids have some real issues with their self esteem and feel left out. So in oirder for them to get the attention that they think they deserved, they need to do something BIG, and they know that the news are going to report it all over the world. SO they just follow what others have done to get the attention they seek.

I just think the school should be guarded by local police, not by some FAT SECURITY GUY who is there making $15 an hour, who can care less what you do, as long as you dont get him involved.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2008, 09:00 AM   #27
madman23
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3M40, 1988 325 IX

Some schools do have police. They just bother the people who go 20 instead of 15 or something stupid.
      02-15-2008, 10:02 AM   #28
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
This is really sad to see happen time and time again. I just don't understand how low these kids must be to not only feel like they want to die, but that they feel that others need to die with them.

My heartfelt sympathies go out to these kids and their families.

As far as banning firearms. It's a ridiculous thought, as the black-market is always open and fully stocked. The most innocent person you may think does no wrong can probably get whatever he/she wants at any time.

Just as drugs are easy to come-by in high school, so are weapons of all kinds. In high school I could have gotten fully auto weapons, sawed-offs, etc. I think most of us probably could have, whether you knew it or not.

It's politcal correctness that's killing our society more than anything. Life isn't fair, and babying everyone who isn't as smart or as good at socializing as others is life. Dumbing down the ones who get along just fine makes things worse.

Just my $0.02.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2008, 11:54 AM   #29
Neurorad
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

from MSNBC "10 Myths about School Shootings":

"Myth No. 8. “He’d never touched a gun.”

Most attackers had access to weapons, and had used them prior to the attack. Most of the attackers acquired their guns from home."

Teaching Point: Keep your guns away from your kids. Don't trust them.

Note: info for article "compiled by MSNBC.com from a 2002 study by the U.S. Secret Service and the U.S. Department of Education"
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2008, 01:36 PM   #30
AndrewAZ
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBMW335 View Post
In a way i think the problem is the NEWS... Hear me out, the main reason these kids do this, is because somehow they feel left out, or were made fun off, or didn't get enough attention. These kids have some real issues with their self esteem and feel left out. So in oirder for them to get the attention that they think they deserved, they need to do something BIG, and they know that the news are going to report it all over the world. SO they just follow what others have done to get the attention they seek.

I just think the school should be guarded by local police, not by some FAT SECURITY GUY who is there making $15 an hour, who can care less what you do, as long as you dont get him involved.
Its not the kids fault tho.. It goes back to the parents.. The parents should of noticed their kid was depressed and having trouble. And if you spend any amount of time with your kids or even your friends you can tell when someone is having a bad day.

Heck my mom can tell over the phone if something is bothering me.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2008, 01:59 PM   #31
ATG
Major
Cuba
Rep
Drives: f30 328 xdrive, e90 335i gone

Garage List
According to MSNBC, he stopped taking his pills. And purchased the guns just a week ago. So, every psycho can easily get guns and use them instead of the pills. What a nice world!

BAN FIREARMS! or put much stricter controls on their sales.

If guns can be sold, then all illegal drugs should become legal too. Morphine can be used to treat pain, extasy can help in family counseling, etc. Not all people will abuse narcotics! Same stupid logic.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2008, 02:00 PM   #32
ATG
Major
Cuba
Rep
Drives: f30 328 xdrive, e90 335i gone

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewAZ View Post
Its not the kids fault tho.. It goes back to the parents.. The parents should of noticed their kid was depressed and having trouble. And if you spend any amount of time with your kids or even your friends you can tell when someone is having a bad day.

Heck my mom can tell over the phone if something is bothering me.
He was 27 -- not exactly a "kid."
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2008, 02:33 PM   #33
AndrewAZ
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG View Post
He was 27 -- not exactly a "kid."
But still someone should of known him or his parents should of known he was taking anit depressants ect.

I am all for gun laws that prevent folks taking certain medication from owning them.. But does that mean they cant drive a car or own a knife? Two object that are far more dangerous than a gun.

And again if lawful citizens were allowed to carry on school grounds (remember you have to be 21 to own a handgun or carry concealed) people would be more deterred to attack at school, plus someone could stop it. A few years back 2 graduate students stopped a school shooting since they were carrying concealed at the time, but only a few states allow carry on campus and it needs to change.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2008, 03:19 PM   #34
BMdblU
Brigadier General
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
Should everyone just carry a gun? Then when a crazy CRIMINAL starts shooting, the sane NON-CRIMINALS shoot the CRIMINAL.
This is the ignorant idiotic mentally that is wrong with the USA
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2008, 03:26 PM   #35
Kilockel
I like monkeys.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMdblU View Post
This is the ignorant idiotic mentally that is wrong with the USA
I'm sorry, but do you realize what you just said?

It amazes me how people can generalize how "ignorant", and "stupid" the USA and it's occupants are. There are stupid people everywhere and you've just proved that, wherever you are*. I know that sounds harsh, as you obviously just made a small mistake, but really now...

If you're going to preach that an entire country is full of retards, at least make sense when you're doing it.

*EDIT: Canada, apparently.

Last edited by Kilockel; 02-15-2008 at 03:43 PM.. Reason: Edited for location.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2008, 03:47 PM   #36
NoKids
Major
Rep
Drives: ...

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
i haven't made up my mind about banning guns or leaving them legal, but i have a question to gun supporters. how many gun owners have actually had to use their gun to save themselves from a bad situation?

i know my parents, and uncles are major gun owners, but never once have they actually used their gun for self protection. it's like the guns are just sitting there for that one day in their lives where it might be useful.
      02-15-2008, 03:52 PM   #37
Kilockel
I like monkeys.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
i haven't made up my mind about banning guns or leaving them legal, but i have a question to gun supporters. how many gun owners have actually had to use their gun to save themselves from a bad situation?

i know my parents, and uncles are major gun owners, but never once have they actually used their gun for self protection. it's like the guns are just sitting there for that one day in their lives where it might be useful.
That's a good question that I unfortunately cannot answer, having never owned a firearm.

I can say this, though: Isn't it better to be safe than sorry? Why wouldn't you have one just to have locked up for some specific occasion where you may need it to save your life or the life of another? I don't see a downside to it as long as it is kept in a secure location, and you are a mentally stable person. They may never use it, yes, but don't you have one or two things laying around that you'll more than likely never use, but can't seem to bring yourself get rid of just in case? Maybe that's just me...
      02-15-2008, 03:59 PM   #38
Neurorad
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

In my experience, guns at the ready have caused more harm than good, across the board.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2008, 04:08 PM   #39
NoKids
Major
Rep
Drives: ...

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post
In my experience, guns at the ready have caused more harm than good, across the board.
i agree, i think guns are more for hunters and sportsmen than for self protection. i mean, when can you shoot someone? if they punch you, verbally say they're gonna kill you; can you shoot them in the brains? lol.

in canada, the laws are so strict that you pretty much have to be dead before you can shoot someone trying to do you harm. otherwise the criminal will sue you, and the gov't will sue you. that's what i uncovered when i tried to get a licence up here to own a handgun.

not worth it.
      02-15-2008, 05:12 PM   #40
AndrewAZ
Major
Rep

Quote:

You hope to god you never have to use your gun.. Most never do. But just having one is a deterrent. From the gun forums on a poll that was made on this question only like 1% folks have had to use their gun in self defense, and like 15% or so have had to draw but not use.

The thing is guns are currently in most states not legal to carry on campus. Less than a handful of states allow carry on campus.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2008, 12:04 AM   #41
IM2C
Major General
Rep
Drives: ∞ Improbability Drive

How about charging $10k for a bullet? After all bullets kill people...no?*

*shamelessly stolen from Chris Rock HBO special
      02-16-2008, 02:42 AM   #42
out4scrilla
drive slow homie
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

wheres public safety at when these shootingss occur ? so sad makes me scared to go on campus after seeing things like this funny because i was in a lecture hall when i read this on yahoo.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2008, 10:51 AM   #43
hansyes
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 … A·W … E92™

Not so surprising when you realize that there are more gun shops in america than there are petrol stations... ..

i『 L o v e 』…
bmw·'E92' & "nodic ♀s"
Appreciate 0