E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Differences between PROCede and AA/XEDE?

04-19-2007, 10:40 PM   #23
lawdude
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i ZPP ZSP TiAg MT

So far Active Autowerke II doesn't seem as accessible as good ol' Shiv.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2007, 10:45 PM   #24
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Burger View Post
I’m thinking of upgrading from the turbo-tuner to a procede, but suddenly the xede is available and has me wondering. Technically speaking what are the differences between the procede and xede as implemented on the 335? Not looking for fanboy responses, just specific technical and/or observed information.

In reading over the past few weeks I’ve picked up a few potential differences:

1) Procede has additional inputs. This doesn’t really matter to me and I don’t care about the future upgrades so please don’t bother to mention them.

2) Xede crashes after a few days/weeks when on dedicated power. When on switched power, ECU can’t communicate with sensors and throws a code. Potentially a big issue to me. Do the xede’s throw codes after a few days/weeks? Are they on switched or dedicated power in the AA implementation?

3) Procede doesn’t require an additional boost solenoid. Does xede still require this? What is the deal with the procede needing vacuum lines moved around?

4) Does the AA xede map lean out part throttle cruise for an increase in gas mileage?

5) People claim the procede is smoother. How can this be true? Is it a function of the separate boost control solenoid on the older (and current??) xede installs?

TIA!

Terry
I find it funny that you may just be a convert to the PROcede. Given all the discussions and side-by-side tests now, I'm not surprised. But, it's interesting that a TT guy (that argued for days, if not weeks about how great the TT is) is seriously considering the PROcede or AA XEDE (which of course, is the predecessor to the PROcede, except for AA's s/w tweaks).

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2007, 10:49 PM   #25
lawdude
Colonel
United_States
Rep

TB's man enough to call a spade a spade. We shouldn't pick on him for that.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2007, 10:58 PM   #26
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdude View Post
TB's man enough to call a spade a spade. We shouldn't pick on him for that.
Not picking on him at all; and it's not just him either. I recall a couple other TT fans talking about coming over "to the dark side." I just find it interesting that all the "heated" discussions in threads about TT vs. PROcede and such (as well as dynos and side-by-side runs, etc.) have an effect. It's still obvious to me that there's a place for both products, but it seems more and more ppl are digging deeper into their pockets for the product that makes more HP/TQ...everybody wants MORE POWER! :rocks:

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2007, 11:03 PM   #27
jon@themshop
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Considering that this post was made a bit after 7pm EST, none of the sales guys are at their computers monitoring this thread since they close at 5pm EST.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2007, 11:09 PM   #28
lawdude
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon@themshop View Post
Considering that this post was made a bit after 7pm EST, none of the sales guys are at their computers monitoring this thread since they close at 5pm EST.
Haha, I think you said what I said, just in a different way.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2007, 11:20 PM   #29
Terry335
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
I find it funny that you may just be a convert to the PROcede. Given all the discussions and side-by-side tests now, I'm not surprised. But, it's interesting that a TT guy (that argued for days, if not weeks about how great the TT is) is seriously considering the PROcede or AA XEDE (which of course, is the predecessor to the PROcede, except for AA's s/w tweaks).
Well here is my first post on the TT:

Quote:
I’ve been following the PROcede and I think it’s probably the best option for drag racers such as me, but I’ve decided to give the turbo-tuner a shot. I like the 10 second install, low price, and ability to get it right away. If I see a 30+rwhp/40+rwtq gain (here on 91 octane) with little to no knock retard, I'll be a very happy camper.
So, I've always known the TT was a stop-gap for me. I tend to be an impatient consumer. I know the procede is better but I'm considering the xede now just because I can get it.

With regards to the forum debates, it's all in good fun
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2007, 11:56 PM   #30
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Well here is my first post on the TT:

So, I've always known the TT was a stop-gap for me. I tend to be an impatient consumer. I know the procede is better but I'm considering the xede now just because I can get it.

With regards to the forum debates, it's all in good fun
That's a relatively expensive "stop-gap." Can you return or sell the TT? If not, then you've spent $600 on the TT + the PROcede ($1,300) or the AA XEDE ($1,080)...so either way, you'd be unnecessarily spending at least $1,700 on a performance mod for your 335i. Hey, it's not my $$, but if I were you, I'd make sure I'm 100% confident in my decision and just stick with it.

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 12:12 AM   #31
Omar@ActiveAutowerke
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Sorry about that.. Its been busy around here but thats no excuse, I take responsibility for that.

If you ever have a problem reaching us please feel free to give us a call. Our company will be here, trust me we arent going anywhere.

p.s. Emails get answered within an hour. Please email instead of PMing when possible Thanks again guys.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 12:29 AM   #32
j|rz44
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i|E92

Garage List
07 335i  [0.00]
I love this shit!
      04-20-2007, 12:36 AM   #33
lawdude
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Active Autowerke View Post
Sorry about that.. Its been busy around here but thats no excuse, I take responsibility for that.

If you ever have a problem reaching us please feel free to give us a call. Our company will be here, trust me we arent going anywhere.

p.s. Emails get answered within an hour. Please email instead of PMing when possible Thanks again guys.
You're being paged.

Answering questions on the open forum is much more helpful to more people than responding via PM or email.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 01:46 AM   #34
bnj
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

I hope Shiv would not be this much accessible. He must have been spending here a time that corresponds to a couple of weeks work. I would have my 400hp stg1 v2.0 already and could not care less how it compares to Xede or TT.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 11:05 AM   #35
Terry335
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
That's a relatively expensive "stop-gap." Can you return or sell the TT? If not, then you've spent $600 on the TT + the PROcede ($1,300) or the AA XEDE ($1,080)...so either way, you'd be unnecessarily spending at least $1,700 on a performance mod for your 335i. Hey, it's not my $$, but if I were you, I'd make sure I'm 100% confident in my decision and just stick with it.
I just prefer to try different things. I always sell the used parts I don't need and usually don't lose much. I've probably modified 30 cars over the years.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 02:35 PM   #36
trymen
Rep
Drives: E93-335i

Shiv, I’m really interested in the Procede, but I’m living in Europe (The Netherlands).
I will get my E93 335i AT end of May.
Does the Procede work on an European car (I don’t know if there are differences with US ECU versions)?

If the Procede works on an European 335i, can you sent it to The Netherlands?
I saw your instruction video and installing the Procede doesn't seam like it's difficult.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 02:40 PM   #37
PresaMat
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 67 GT500,69 Boss 429, 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by trymen View Post
Shiv, I’m really interested in the Procede, but I’m living in Europe (The Netherlands).
I will get my E93 335i AT end of May.
Does the Procede work on an European car (I don’t know if there are differences with US ECU versions)?

If the Procede works on an European 335i, can you sent it to The Netherlands?
I saw your instruction video and installing the Procede doesn't seam like it's difficult.
Trymen... im pretty sure it works on euro cars but im not 100%. I do know that it works fine on Austrailian cars so maybe they helps.

Mat
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2007, 02:43 PM   #38
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Yep... we have several cars in Europe running the PROcede. Not a problem

-shiv
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2007, 12:41 AM   #39
trymen
Rep
Drives: E93-335i

Great, I will contact you for ordering a PROcede!
Appreciate 0