E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > Bulgarian Lemans Blue E90 and his adventures

03-02-2024, 08:53 AM   #1
BulgarianWolf
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 325i

Bulgarian Lemans Blue E90 and his adventures

Hello! I want to introduce you to my beauty, who I can praise a lot, but I can also complain a lot about her
So a little info about the car:
BMW e90 325i sedan lemans blue m tech. When i bought it was on 160000km. Today is on ~195000km.

I have owned the car for about a year. Тhe photo is from the day of purchase

Interior of the car:
https://i.ibb.co/1dSKsXq/IMG-5753.jpg
In live the car really looked very beautiful, I wanted it to be in authentic form and the one world fix on the car was added M bumper. After we bought the car traveling to my city, just after 10km after the purchase of the car get CEL (Check Engine Light). The car ran well, but it seemed that its 218 horsepower was not in its full glory. After checking the car for errors we found that the error is related to the Oxygen Sensor of the car. I have to add here that the car was purchased with a LPG system installed, which unfortunately opened up a lot of problems for me in the end due to the lack of temporary maintenance of the car by the previous owner. so... I drove the car 100-200 km, then added about a liter of coolant, which made me suspect that there is a problem with the water pump, which is expensive. After a day or two I checked and it turned out that there was a problem because the car started overheating

In which I immediately replaced the water pump and the thermostat of the car, but since we had to go on vacation with my wife on our honeymoon, after replacing the parts I also had to change some things on the suspension and we went on vacation about 1000 km away

On which trip I stopped at 200km to add coolant and I don't think there was a big problem, but the car wasn't overheating, just losing coolant.
After we got to the break and came back from there the car started making missfires of cylinder2. After a thorough investigation, we found the following:
The car before I bought it was due for a water pump and thermostat replacement as there was a problem with them, but the previous owner did not pay attention to the problems with the car, continued to drive like this and repeatedly overheated the car's engine, also the car ran with gas system which further shortens the life of the engine and again its untimely maintenance leads the car to Headgasket.

In which we started with the disassembly of the head of the car and the repair of the entire engine. We replaced everything except the pistons, connecting rods and segments. we also removed the primary catalysts and reprogram the ECU about the secondary oxygen sensors.

After all that was done we also replaced the engine chains but found that there was remnants of a timing belt in the crankcase, again the previous owner that had broken but not repaired properly which required us to remove the front axle to access the crankcase and clean the oil pump from the junk.
After fixing the engine, we replaced the glow plugs, coils and the big disa valve the car run great.
After the engine started properly it was time to see what was happening with the suspension because it was shaking a lot and we found out why....:

After that the car runs about 12-13 thousand kilometers, when suddenly a check light came on again and I realized that it was from the starter, at which time it repaired again, and I repaired it too

I'll stop with the story for now because I have a lot more to write, so expect my input again with lots of pictures and lots of stories...
Appreciate 2