E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Rear suspension squeak after alignment

08-26-2018, 06:00 PM   #1
ms.hbomb
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Rear suspension squeak after alignment

I work at a chev dealer and had a 4 wheel alignment done on my 330. The suspension started to squeak in the rear right after. Had the guy look at it again and he told me it was actually my shocks. I replaced them and the shock mounts (which one turned out to be blown anyways) but the squeak is the same. I just cant seem to find exactly where the noise is coming from, one guy thinks it's coming from the spring another thinks it's the front bushing of the control arm. Since this started after getting an alignment done I'm starting to wonder if it caused it somehow. Is there a torque spec for the rear control arm bolts? Can overtightening them cause it to squeak or under tightening? He just cranked the bolts up with an impact. Or is the spring a common point of a rear squeak?It sounds like an old hunk of junk when I drive through a rough parking lot and it's kind of embarrassing.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2018, 07:44 PM   #2
E92meesh
Always Learning
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 328i

From my research (I'm experiencing a squeak over bumps, not sure if from front or rear) it's most likely sway bar bushings that need to be replaced. Relatively cheap parts, which is a good thing.
Appreciate 0