E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Next batch of upgrades

01-28-2009, 12:25 PM   #1
mikem
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4M

Next batch of upgrades

My car goes away this weekend to get the engine re-built with Forged, lower compression internals and a boost increase, so decided it was about time I fitted some gauges to monitor things but didn`t want to go to Fast and Furious and keep it looking as OEM as possible.

Went for the PLX kit eventually which seems really good, the one screen can cycle through upto 32 different sensors and display upto 4 at any one time. This means you can monitor everything you`d ever want to without the need of having gauges everywhere.

Custom wallpapers can be downloaded and even custom gauges, you can even take a picture of your dash, email it to PLX and they`ll make up images to copy your OEM instruments with whatever parameter you want on it.

I`ve attached a dyno graph of hopefully where the car will end up (figures are at the wheels)

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2009, 12:47 PM   #2
Porscha!
Should be on www.retrorides.com
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche 944

Garage List
More pics of the car please!

I think your car is fab I really would love to keep a car long enough and spend money on projects rather than a new car every two months lol!

Front Engined Porsche
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 12:16 AM   #3
Budgie
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X1 25D M sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porscha! View Post
More pics of the car please!

I think your car is fab I really would love to keep a car long enough and spend money on projects rather than a new car every two months lol!
Yeah but in fairness Nicola....you aint buying M3's and things like that are ya.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 01:59 AM   #4
Porscha!
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budgie View Post
Yeah but in fairness Nicola....you aint buying M3's and things like that are ya.
And an M3 would make me keep a car? Wouldn't happen more great cars to choose from less time to keep them!

Theres also been some really great projects done with MR2Ts so can't say I really like the 'hint hint' "in my opinion you drive a shit car" you don't have to pay £25k + to get a really great car it just helps! Before anyone says 'this is E90 Post' I'm not the only one without an E9X...

In my opinion Mikes car is something special a serious and fantastic project! I like your car too Budgie and everyone elses infact not really one I don't like on here!

Front Engined Porsche
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 02:55 AM   #5
mikem
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4M

Thanks Nik, I`ve posted loads of pics before, so wont waste bandwidth with more.

What about a 355 kit for the MR2 ?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 12:10 PM   #6
Porscha!
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem View Post
Thanks Nik, I`ve posted loads of pics before, so wont waste bandwidth with more.

What about a 355 kit for the MR2 ?
Don't even get me started on those lol

Think it is going to be great fun (my MR2) if I still like it in 3 months I might spend some money on an improvement rather than swapping it after the day I've had getting it I won't be using a garage again Private sales in future!

Front Engined Porsche
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 01:34 PM   #7
G35revup
V3 Power
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space gray 335i

The MR2 is actually one of my favorite FI cars. I would love to buy one and hook it up with a body kit and upgrades. It's a keeper imo
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 01:51 PM   #8
Porscha!
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by G35revup View Post
The MR2 is actually one of my favorite FI cars. I would love to buy one and hook it up with a body kit and upgrades. It's a keeper imo
Thankyou

I so want to keep it now after I've seen some projects and had trouble getting it lol

I'd like to keep it as it is on the outside just maybe a slightly different rear spoiler I have seen and upgrade the engine to about 300 bhp which is quite easily done apprantely we'll have to see though Don't think I'm going to get something as fast for money I've got so sensible thinking MR2 should be a keeper!

Anyway I'm hijacking Mikes thread now.

Front Engined Porsche
Appreciate 0