E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > BMW of Sterling

12-24-2007, 09:03 AM   #1
ENINTY
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Sport

BMW of Sterling

So if anyone goes to BMW of Sterling in Virginia for service, double check their work. I recently had my 325i in for a vehicle check service (free maintenance) and repair of a check engine light (see my other post about mice eating my car). To fix the check engine light they had to replace a fuel vapor recovery line that runs from the fuel tank up to the filler neck. That meant removing the right rear wheel, fender liner, rear valence panel, and dropping the fuel tank.

Well, they ended up leaving two bolts loose in the rear valence panel (one fell out) and hammering my rear wheel on so tight that when I tried to remove it on Saturday to rotate tires, it broke my Sears Craftsman 17MM impact socket, and my commercial-grade Ingersoll Rand 2131 impact wrench can't break the bolts loose. I then tried to break the bolts loose with a non-impact socket and my 24" breaker bar; it just snapped that socket too.

And they had the bright idea to have me wait to wash my car at 6PM Friday night (12/14) and scratch the living shit out of the paint becuase they used dirty wash towels.

Needless to say, they are off the list. Shoddy work. In fairness, they did give me a Mini to drive for two days for free.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 09:05 AM   #2
crex
Captain
Rep
Drives: bmw 135i, Jeep wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENINTY View Post
So if anyone goes to BMW of Sterling in Virginia for service, double check their work. I recently had my 325i in for a vehicle check service (free maintenance) and repair of a check engine light (see my other post about mice eating my car). To fix the check engine light they had to replace a fuel vapor recovery line that runs from the fuel tank up to the filler neck. That meant removing the right rear wheel, fender liner, rear valence panel, and dropping the fuel tank.

Well, they ended up leaving two bolts loose in the rear valence panel (one fell out) and hammering my rear wheel on so tight that when I tried to remove it on Saturday to rotate tires, it broke my Sears Craftsman 17MM impact socket, and my commercial-grade Ingersoll Rand 2131 impact wrench can't break the bolts loose. I then tried to break the bolts loose with a non-impact socket and my 24" breaker bar; it just snapped that socket too.

And they had the bright idea to have me wait to wash my car at 6PM Friday night (12/14) and scratch the living shit out of the paint becuase they used dirty wash towels.

Needless to say, they are off the list. Shoddy work. In fairness, they did give me a Mini to drive for two days for free.
that sucks... it doesn't surprise me. I have had similar experiences. How did you like the mini?
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2007, 05:59 PM   #3
jwilburn
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 07 328i SG/B

Try Fairfax.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 10:14 AM   #4
ENINTY
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
that sucks... it doesn't surprise me. I have had similar experiences. How did you like the mini?
It's strange car. I had a just a cooper (guess they don't loan out S's) with and auto trans. The trans sucks. It's better in sport mode, lousy in manumatic mode. The car was very twitchy. I got it sliding off the road at least twice. It only got 30.4 MPG; I get 27.5 in my E90. It was fast on the highway though. Nice college kids car.
Appreciate 0