E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > BMW Coding: Folding Mirrors option available now !

08-05-2010, 02:54 PM   #45
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Appreciate 0
      08-05-2010, 03:21 PM   #46
tom @ eas
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrys View Post
Are you saying that Autologic can code remote folding mirrors, which will not be erased during the complete software update at a dealership?
Can you prove it?

I don't wanna argue with anyone here, neither Alekshop nor you, Tom, but this is a false statement:
"If coded remotely (not autologic), it will be wiped out if updated."

If you have no idea how the remote coding works I would like you to stop commenting on how it works and how it is different from Autologic.
It's not my thread and I don't want to start any war here, but it's absolutely not acceptable to do what you have been doing for a few last weeks.
You can argue with Alekshop, but remote coding is my domain and I will not be sitting quietly when you post similar things.

Thanks,
Patryk
I don't see any argument at all.

If in reference to the mirror coding, this can be wiped (whether autologic or NCS Expert) out if the FRM is updated or obviously, replaced. The question from DigitalDawn was not towards any specific feature (other than assuming referring to the thread topic) and I should have worded it better to make things more clearly to understand.

Modules will always be immune from this since they are not affected by dealer programming. "Coding immunity" via flash programming will depend on the specific feature being coded, how its coded and what control modules are affected - you're well aware of this and this was never disputed, no matter what method being used for flashing. By replying in the thread I would assume you are performing the remote coding for Alekshop and not Aleks himself.

I respect your knowledge and experience on the matter, but your skills were not the ones being questioned here.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2010, 03:31 PM   #47
Alekshop
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3 l E46 M3 l GT4 l 991 RS

Quote:
Very few things in this world are black and white and all there are variables in all situations. Your generic response will depends on the specific type of coding performed, including variables like if the vehicle order is changed or not and what specific options are being coded. Just having the tools do not make a technician, proper training, experience and available resources to handle most type of situations is what does.

This cannot be learned in less than 3 months of obtaining an autologic.
My generic response was to your generic comment. Make it very clear from the first time so members can understand it.

Your statement that
Quote:
With an autologic, the coding is protected
- simply false, unless you can prove it.

Quote:
An example using the LCI Taillamp retrofit, LCI taillight programming can be overwritten with an update using a FRM2, while FRM3 coding is safe if updates were performed at your dealer. It purely depends on the situation.

On the LCI taillight retrofit side, much info was given in this thread for those looking for a bit of history: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=393828, with detailed info in Page 3.
You sound like a broken record with your LCI LED statements ... With your extensive experience you shouldn't have made many of your customers to purchase FRM3 and waste ~$400 on something they didn't have to.

When you started you tech Q/A thread you posted nothing about the FRM2 issue, although you knew about that problem. I was the first one tho brought it up.

Here you are admitting that:

Quote:
The FRM2 issue was known when I was performing coding when this started, nothing you posted was beneficial to our cause as I don't typically report issues until a resolution is known or close.
I really feel sorry for those who jumped the gun and wasted $$$ money on something they didn't have to.

Quote:
Feel free to PM me directly and I will be happy to locate an autologic programming facility nearby.
Please take care of your customers and I'll take care of mine ok ?

Quote:
Keep in mind that unlike remoteKEY, your friend will require the lock button is held during the entire closing process using programming.
Again, you should also mention that remoteKEY will constantly be draining the battery on the car, can be easily detected by the dealer, and required tapping into the wires.

Last edited by Alekshop; 08-05-2010 at 03:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2010, 03:33 PM   #48
ren
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 X7 M60i

I think vendors shouldn't post on threads started by other vendors, this thread turned into a Autologic vs. remote coding debate.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2010, 04:23 PM   #49
tom @ eas
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by erensf View Post
I think vendors shouldn't post on threads started by other vendors, this thread turned into a Autologic vs. remote coding debate.
I agree, it's turning into useless banter at this point - clouding any points being given.

Aleks: In reference to battery drainage, this was already replied to in this post: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...6&postcount=33

Again, power consumption is ~3mA in armed mode, less if not using alarm emulation.

I think the major points have already been touched upon. if any forum members have any questions pros/cons of programming methods - please feel free to email, PM or phone me directly in order to keep things civil.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2010, 05:39 PM   #50
Patrys@BimmerTech
Banned
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
I don't see any argument at all.

If in reference to the mirror coding, this can be wiped (whether autologic or NCS Expert) out if the FRM is updated or obviously, replaced. The question from DigitalDawn was not towards any specific feature (other than assuming referring to the thread topic) and I should have worded it better to make things more clearly to understand.

Modules will always be immune from this since they are not affected by dealer programming. "Coding immunity" via flash programming will depend on the specific feature being coded, how its coded and what control modules are affected - you're well aware of this and this was never disputed, no matter what method being used for flashing. By replying in the thread I would assume you are performing the remote coding for Alekshop and not Aleks himself.

I respect your knowledge and experience on the matter, but your skills were not the ones being questioned here.
Tom,

I am glad you responded in a civil way. I appreciate that.
This is my last post in this thread and I will try to keep it short.

It really does not matter who I do coding for. I can code a car located anywhere in the world, but that's not the point.

I also don't want to discuss the module vs. coding comparison, because I am sure there has been enough information already posted by you and Aleks.

What matters to me is that you stop telling everyone that remote coding is worse than Autologic.
It's NOT. Period!

I have never said a single word against you or Autologic and please don't make me start doing my own comparison why remote coding can be better.
I am ready for a technical discussion in a separate thread if you really want to keep it going, but I would prefer to focus on serving my customers rather than making a war.

I respect your business and I know you have been delivering good products and services to this community for a long time and I would appreciate if you could at least refrain from posting false information about remote coding services I am offering.

Sorry Aleks and everyone else for hijacking this thread! I am sure you all can understand my point.

Good night.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2010, 06:34 PM   #51
Imperator
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i

We (as customers) should be aware of the risks and benefits of choosing one solution over another.

I haven't used an Autologic programmer, but am preparing to as I will likely need to walk my local shop through the procedures to change my base audio iDrive outputs to HiFi so I can use an external amplifier.

With this, I'm interested in any additional features that can be activated through the Autologic--including sunroof/window closure with the keyfob.

As I understand, features including CIC DVD viewing in-motion and the digital speedometer must be applied through remote programming and can NOT be activated by the Autologic. These features may also be overwritten or reversed when modules are updated by the dealership.

Other features such as door unlock on ignition cut must be added by external electronics such as the remoteKEY. The device may increase ignition-off current drain, but the amount of draw from the remoteKEY device is negligible and will not impact the number of days that the vehicle's battery may safely be connected.

If I'm incorrect with these assumptions, I'd welcome any corrections or additional info. Like others, I strongly desire adding these features to my car and want to be informed about the solution as much as possible.

I'll welcome any PMs if the vendors wish to make be better informed.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2010, 06:44 PM   #52
Alekshop
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
I agree, it's turning into useless banter at this point - clouding any points being given.

Aleks: In reference to battery drainage, this was already replied to in this post: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...6&postcount=33

Again, power consumption is ~3mA in armed mode, less if not using alarm emulation.

I think the major points have already been touched upon. if any forum members have any questions pros/cons of programming methods - please feel free to email, PM or phone me directly in order to keep things civil.

Tom, it was already discussed that it would be better to keep things civil.

I would really appreciate if you can stop promoting your products in other vendors threads.

I told you before and I am telling you now, it is up to the customer to decide what works better for them, and if they have some questions, I can assure you they will address them in the thread or via email/pm.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2010, 06:58 PM   #53
simonsingh
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2013 640d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperator View Post
We (as customers) should be aware of the risks and benefits of choosing one solution over another.

I haven't used an Autologic programmer, but am preparing to as I will likely need to walk my local shop through the procedures to change my base audio iDrive outputs to HiFi so I can use an external amplifier.

With this, I'm interested in any additional features that can be activated through the Autologic--including sunroof/window closure with the keyfob.

As I understand, features including CIC DVD viewing in-motion and the digital speedometer must be applied through remote programming and can NOT be activated by the Autologic. These features may also be overwritten or reversed when modules are updated by the dealership.

Other features such as door unlock on ignition cut must be added by external electronics such as the remoteKEY. The device may increase ignition-off current drain, but the amount of draw from the remoteKEY device is negligible and will not impact the number of days that the vehicle's battery may safely be connected.

If I'm incorrect with these assumptions, I'd welcome any corrections or additional info. Like others, I strongly desire adding these features to my car and want to be informed about the solution as much as possible.

I'll welcome any PMs if the vendors wish to make be better informed.
isn't full closure/opening standard?

more information on the digital speedo please
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2010, 10:48 AM   #54
Alekshop
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonsingh View Post
isn't full closure/opening standard?

more information on the digital speedo please
You can open windows with the remote but you can't close it.

Digital speedometer ( like on M-cars ) can be coded on non-M cars.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2010, 08:23 PM   #55
simonsingh
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2013 640d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alekshop View Post
You can open windows with the remote but you can't close it.

Digital speedometer ( like on M-cars ) can be coded on non-M cars.
oh, open/close is standard on uk cars then. please pm me with details on how i can get this, and pricing, ta.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2010, 07:25 AM   #56
kongquistador
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i sedan

New York

Does anyone do or know someone or shop who can code bmw's in NY? I would travel to NJ or CT also.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2010, 01:56 AM   #57
Alekshop
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongquistador View Post
Does anyone do or know someone or shop who can code bmw's in NY? I would travel to NJ or CT also.
what exactly are you looking to code or get done ?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2010, 11:07 AM   #58
kongquistador
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i sedan

I want to do the ipod interface myself and then get the car coded for it to work. A dealer in Long Island told me parts and labor would be around $750!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2010, 09:43 PM   #59
wpnx
Private
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Hey, I'm in SoCal and I'm looking to get my nav reprogrammed to do DVD in motion, roll up windows and activate folding mirrors with key fob and take off nav warning on startup. Have an e90 LCI. Can I get pm'd with an estimate?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2010, 02:03 AM   #60
wpnx
Private
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Well apparently it looks like I don't have enough posts to use PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2011, 03:17 PM   #61
Quiet Money
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Pre LCI 335i TiAg

All I want is to be able to roll my windows up and fold in my mirrors with my Keyfob. I am on the east coast. I travel between NY and NC alot so anywhere in one of those states or in between would be fine. Help me out!! Thanks. btw I have an 07 335i E92 with factory alarm.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 01:12 PM   #62
Quiet Money
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Pre LCI 335i TiAg

Kong,
Matt at CamberToe in Lynbrook says he does coding on the weekends. I had him reset my SRS light last week. Im bringing my E92 there soon to have a few things coded : windows roll up with keyfob, m speedo, folding sides, etc.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 11:10 PM   #63
sd23
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i x-drive M-sport EBII

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongquistador View Post
I want to do the ipod interface myself and then get the car coded for it to work. A dealer in Long Island told me parts and labor would be around $750!!!
Ipod kit is 375 from the dealer if your car is MOST bus. based on your signature that's prob the one you need you can visit realoem.com put in your vin, or visit tisher for the part. I got mine off ebay after an offer of 250.

Instillation is not difficult but takes time especially if your dash has never been open. Care must be taken against damaging the trim. You can pm me for more info. The retrofit is in the DIY section.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 05:44 PM   #64
Thirdy
Private
Rep
Drives: F48 Estroril Blue M-Sport

Just go through this and will learn alot about coding. Hardest part is setting up your laptop for the coding program but coding itself is not that hard.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=451145
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 11:29 AM   #65
Nr!qUe
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 LCI 328i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by joec500 View Post
can you also make the doors unlock upon turning off the car?
I have that coded. My doors unlock when i eject the fob
2009 BMW E90 328i | Xenons | MT | Space Gray | Beige-ette | CF Fabric Trim | iPod/USB | 20% Tints | Euro-Plate | Rear Fog Switch Lego Mod | Painted Reflectors | Performance Short-shift Kit | Style 197 Wheels | OEM Sport Suspension |
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 11:23 AM   #66
carlosalbertogui
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw E91 facelifted by me

folding mirrors with keyfob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spydeputy
can the dealer do this too? i'm on the east coast.

yes they can the dealer can make folding mirrors with keyfob

in the drivers door you should have a button for folding mirrors

if you do not have this button you cannot do it.
Appreciate 0