E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > 335xi to Porsche Cayenne or Mercedes S Class

08-03-2011, 05:21 PM   #23
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

OP's sheer douchebaggary alone pisses me off. I'm done even looking at this thread
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2011, 05:30 PM   #24
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRox View Post
Yea it looks like we'll have the Panamera, S Class...and then later on add a sports car, thats not on my mind right now...thats if I have the time!!
I'm confused again. What do you mean by having "the time?" Can't you just tell the dealer what you want, make the deal, and have them drop off the car at your house? All it takes to buy a car these days is a phone call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Year's_End View Post
A lot of this isn't making sense to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJP View Post
+1

I'm still trying to figure out how one cross-shops between a Cayenne and an S-Class.
I suppose we should all be up front here and say what we really mean. The guy is clearly talking about cars his parents own/are buying. It's pretty common here. You have young kids infatuated with cars and talk about their parents and/or relatives cars as if they are the owners. But I have no idea why people can't be honest. Nobody has anything to prove here. If your parents just bought a Panamera and you get to drive it, then that's cool. Nobody will think any less of you. Why be so ambiguous about it in the first place? Just say it like it really is, you'll get more respect that way (which it seems is what you're looking for in the first place.)
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2011, 05:35 PM   #25
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
OP's sheer douchebaggary alone pisses me off. I'm done even looking at this thread
Thanks for saying what we all pretty much wanted to say.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2011, 05:36 PM   #26
bunnn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: like a grandma

Perhaps you should just go test drive both? I don't see many people making the same jump as you.

I have no experience with any S-Class so I can't comment. However, I can speak about the new Cayenne; my friend(Porsche Sales) recently brought over a Cayenne S for my father to try. Coming from an X5, he was very happy with the way it drove and felt. The quality was leaps and bounds ahead of the X5. This generation Cayenne doesn't drive like an SUV, it felt like a car; it almost felt as planted as my M3 on stock suspension. Needless to say, he put an order down for this car to replace the X5. Although, I should add --- no matter how great this car felt, there's no way I would want to drive something like this unless my body is incapable of handling a sports car. I really don't see a reason why anyone under 40 would want this as their main car and only car.

By the way, have you looked at the waitlist on these cars? The V6 model is very popular, order now, pick up June '12. The V8 model is a tad better, order now, car arrives early Feb.