E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Hybird Performance & Vellano Wheels.

07-17-2008, 09:49 AM   #1
G-Mach1
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F34 - 2014 335 xi

Hybird Performance & Vellano Wheels.

I ordered set of 19 Vellano wheels from Hybird Performance. My car is not lowered and it has Factory Sports Suspension. When I got the wheels and put them on the car I noticed that it is rubbing on the front. Even before I said any thing Eric @ Hybird performance noticed that and he told me that he is going to contact Vellano. Vellano asked him to send send some pics of the wheels and where it is rubbing. Eric asked me for the pics and I told him that I will take the car to a local place where they do the rooling of the fenders to see whther it can be fixed by them, if not I told him that I will send him the pics. So I went to the local place and they told me that rooling of the fenders will not solve the issue and they said they offset is too agressive in the front.
I took some pics and send it to Eric and forwarded them to Vellano. After reviewing the pics Vellano has told Eric that it is rubbing because of the tires. Vellano says that there is nothing wrong with the offset (+38). Eric and I both believe that the issue is with the offset.
So in order to solve the issue Eric suggested the following,
I pay for a set of new 235 tires (Currently I have 245/35/19) and he will ship them to me. He also agreed to pay the Shipping and the mounting charges for me. However he wants me to pay for the 235 and he says if the 235 solve the problem then once he gets the 245's back he will refund me the money for the tires. Also if the 235 doesn't solve the problem then he says that he will get Vellano to make a two new front wheels for me.

My question why should I pay for a screw up which is either Vellano's fault or Eric's fault in the first place?
Am I being unreasonble here?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2008, 12:09 PM   #2
G-Mach1
Captain
Canada
Rep

I am working with Eric to solve this issue. He is helpful. Hopefully we can solve this issue sooner.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2008, 04:00 PM   #3
G-Mach1
Captain
Canada
Rep

Update: My self and Eric had agrred to sort this issue out. He will ship me a different tire and I will try them out. If that solves the problem once he gets the original tire from me he will refund me the money.

He worked so hard to solve this issue and I know there are things beyond his control.

He is a really really good guy to deal with. I will highly recommend him.

Moderators can you pls close this thread?

Thanks

Last edited by G-Mach1; 07-17-2008 at 04:17 PM..
Appreciate 0