E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Car companies

12-13-2008, 11:59 AM   #1
akmana
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Car companies

So I go car shopping with my dad and every dealership we walk into is empty and they tell us how much there sales are up and that the recession hasnt affected them. Boy, are they in for a rude awakening, its not as though they are going to stop selling cars over night. There first quarter sales in 2009 are going to take a sh*t. In my experiences where I live the bmw dealership is full or arrogant a"*s's, lexus is the same, and audi prices are laughable. Anyone from Toronto know of a good BMW dealer? Lexus? Audi? Let me know.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2008, 09:57 PM   #2
135i_TT
1Addict, and proud
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW 135i M-Sport

Garage List
Lol they prbly cant afford to get a lineup of cars in their dealerhsip due to the market/economy so they use the excuse that their sales are up lol.

But im from TX so I duno bout dealerships there.. sorry, wish you luck tho..

BMW AW 135i ZMP:6mt,Coral Red Leather,Silver Matte Trim,Heated Front Seats,I-Drive,HD Radio,Ipod/Usb,Comf.Acces
www.wix.com/TT135i/Moi
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2008, 10:03 PM   #3
former
Practical Idealist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i Coupe

They can say whatever they want, but the reality is that every single manufacturer is in the crapper. If I were in their shoes, I'd say I wasn't affected either - it bolsters my bargaining position. Just don't get caught in their reality distortion field whilst you are shopping.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0