E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > DIY: N54 Injector Coding Via INPA

02-17-2012, 01:48 PM   #89
mj6234
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Thanks for the link to the cable. The symptoms of a possible miscoded injector are pretty similar to bad spark plugs correct? I have had something that I will define as 'jerkiness' under acceleration and even when cruising. Never had a a MIL for a misfire. When I changed the plugs, cylinder #1's plug smelled like gas and appeared to have raw fuel on it. I know the injectors have been swapped (bought the car 2nd hand) as it is an 08 and the injectors in there have the new PN.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 01:48 PM   #90
dzenno
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasillalov View Post
I am shocked that this thread has still not been stickied or at least included in the DIY master list! The mods are obviously sleeping on the job as usual. :
If there are two threads that should be stickies are this one and the misfire troubleshooting one to be honest...this thread is one of the most useful DIYs on this board
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 02:09 PM   #91
BES335xi
Colonel
Albania
Rep
Drives: FBO+ N54xi

Garage List
03/07 E90 335xi  [1.00]
Quote:
All piggies must be set into full bypass mode! All CAN-Clear and CAN-Hijacking must be disabled!

It is fairly common to have 2 injectors with the same values. The only way to verify if they are coded correctly is to look on the actual stampings on your injectors!

Come on man, quit being lazy! Roll up your sleeves and take the engine cover off! No more spoon-feeding for you!
Just took the Cover off and verified that all of them are coded correctly, i just got Injector 1,2 and 3...with the old style Injector part#. 4,5,6 seems like they have the right part# last 3 numbers 261-07(done under a recall)...
I ordered 3 Injectors from TischerBMW and they came in a few days ago i just forgot to order the decouplin elemnt with 'em, but the part # on the new ones i recevied from tisch are same last 3 numbers 261 but the last two is 09...so 261-09, now i'm hoping the -07 ones are as good as the new ones have been to members...Anyway, seems fairly easy to get in there and replace...will give it a shot when i have everything, most likely Next Sunday.

Thank's V. again! hehe
JB4+usb | P3 Vent Boost Gauge v2 | BMS OCC | BMS DCI | AMS FMIC | AR xi CL DP's | BT Tool | Edibias/NCSExpert/INPA BMW Coding | Cyba Quad Exhaust tips | M-Tech Rear & M3 Front Bumper | Red Cyba Air Scoops | Blacklines | Vinyl Overlays | ACS Roof Spoiler | Matte Black Grilles | LED Side Mirrors | Rear Euro Fogs | etc..
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 02:10 PM   #92
vasillalov
Mad Linux Guru On The Loose
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan, 2023 M3

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 335i E90  [8.00]
The last two numbers -09 or -07, those are revision numbers... Latest one is 09, I think.
      02-17-2012, 02:34 PM   #93
BES335xi
Colonel
Albania
Rep

Garage List
03/07 E90 335xi  [1.00]
Quote:
The last two numbers -09 or -07, those are revision numbers... Latest one is 09, I think.
Yeah latest is -09, since i just ordered them last week, and thats what they sent me, i just want to replace my old style ones, Car feels like it's misfiring but no codes are thrown...(hesitates at low rpm's)stubling, rough idle abit, i tried giving it wot and all the silly stuff, yet still no codes...plugs were just changed a month ago. So going to change those 3 next week, see what happends..
JB4+usb | P3 Vent Boost Gauge v2 | BMS OCC | BMS DCI | AMS FMIC | AR xi CL DP's | BT Tool | Edibias/NCSExpert/INPA BMW Coding | Cyba Quad Exhaust tips | M-Tech Rear & M3 Front Bumper | Red Cyba Air Scoops | Blacklines | Vinyl Overlays | ACS Roof Spoiler | Matte Black Grilles | LED Side Mirrors | Rear Euro Fogs | etc..
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 05:05 PM   #94
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BES335xi View Post
Yeah latest is -09, since i just ordered them last week, and thats what they sent me, i just want to replace my old style ones, Car feels like it's misfiring but no codes are thrown...(hesitates at low rpm's)stubling, rough idle abit, i tried giving it wot and all the silly stuff, yet still no codes...plugs were just changed a month ago. So going to change those 3 next week, see what happends..
If you can add a couple of picks of this coupler that needs to be installed for everyone to see...I have yet to change mine out and I want to know what I am looking for!

The link of the cable I bought has been tested and works as advertised....I know there are other cables out that are a drop cheaper and some more expensive...You dont really know what your getting, so if anything the link I gave, the cable works..

On a side note I FiNALLY installed a working copy of Windows XPmode to my laptop that I bought running OS Windows 7 64bit Home premium edition. The 64bit is not compatible with NCSexpert:thumbdow, so thats why I had to use the XPmode. Microsoft doesnt allow the user to download XPmode to your laptop if you have the cheaper software Home Premium loaded, but there are ways to get around this!: I managed to activate the XPmode OS software with a working product key, and now my new laptop is fully functional for both INPA and NCSexpert and the other 32 bit programs within INPA and Ediabas. The Window XPmode runs entirely on virtual 32bit that operates independently to the OS software that it came with!!
Getting XPmode to work took me forever to get it working, along with INPA It was not easy though to get it to work and there were many changes that needed to be done to make it work...If you have a 64 bit that you want to make NCS work, I can refer you to the links of what needs to be done to make it happen

First Link :
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/win...in7,10213.html

After you manage to load up the XPmode and have it functioning with the link above, you need to change the OEMbios files to activate the XPmode because you need to permanently have the XPmode activated as the software you loaded only has a 30 day trial before you need to activate it or it will be locked out and all your settings and files, programs will be lost. You dont have to do this if you dont want and just keep loading up the XPmode each month again and again after the 30 day trial ends, but thats a PITA and you will not have files and programs saved as the Virtual machines programs are not accessible to the regular OS of the the computer. Each time you reload the XPmode and install it, all memory is erased. To activate the XPmode OS, refer to this PDF file...When you hit the link and after you either run or save the file it will ask for a password, just hit cancel and it will load the file up!

Link 2:http://www.amsoftwareservices.net:80...indows%207.doc

Although there is a function on windows 7 that allows you to run in XPmode for compatibility but this still doesnt allow NCS to work, and its not the same as virtual XPmode, so dont get that confused..I can now chuck away my old 1998 IBM thinkpad 600E, that shit is so heavy and SLOW! Vasillov....I am waiting for your new files that are translated into ENGLISH!

Last edited by cn555ic; 02-17-2012 at 06:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 05:31 PM   #95
BES335xi
Colonel
Albania
Rep

Garage List
03/07 E90 335xi  [1.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
If you can add a couple of picks of this coupler that needs to be installed for everyone to see...I have yet to change mine out and I want to know what I am looking for!
Will do, but till then if you havn't seen this diy yet, check it out here, looks pretty str8 forward...N54 DIY INJECTOR SWAP

Last edited by BES335xi; 02-17-2012 at 05:34 PM.. Reason: Fixed the Link!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 09:40 PM   #96
vasillalov
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 335i E90  [8.00]
That's the same DIY I used for replacing my injector. xbox_fan did a good job with it! I only followed up with the DIY on actually how to code them in!
      02-17-2012, 09:45 PM   #97
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3 Comp - SMB

Quote:

The link of the cable I bought has been tested and works as advertised....I know there are other cables out that are a drop cheaper and some more expensive...You dont really know what your getting, so if anything the link I gave, the cable works..

On a side note I FiNALLY installed a working copy of Windows XPmode to my laptop that I bought running OS Windows 7 64bit Home premium edition. The 64bit is not compatible with NCSexpert:thumbdow, so thats why I had to use the XPmode. Microsoft doesnt allow the user to download XPmode to your laptop if you have the cheaper software Home Premium loaded, but there are ways to get around this!: I managed to activate the XPmode OS software with a working product key, and now my new laptop is fully functional for both INPA and NCSexpert and the other 32 bit programs within INPA and Ediabas. The Window XPmode runs entirely on virtual 32bit that operates independently to the OS software that it came with!!
Getting XPmode to work took me forever to get it working, along with INPA It was not easy though to get it to work and there were many changes that needed to be done to make it work...If you have a 64 bit that you want to make NCS work, I can refer you to the links of what needs to be done to make it happen

First Link :
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/win...in7,10213.html

After you manage to load up the XPmode and have it functioning with the link above, you need to change the OEMbios files to activate the XPmode because you need to permanently have the XPmode activated as the software you loaded only has a 30 day trial before you need to activate it or it will be locked out and all your settings and files, programs will be lost. You dont have to do this if you dont want and just keep loading up the XPmode each month again and again after the 30 day trial ends, but thats a PITA and you will not have files and programs saved as the Virtual machines programs are not accessible to the regular OS of the the computer. Each time you reload the XPmode and install it, all memory is erased. To activate the XPmode OS, refer to this PDF file...When you hit the link and after you either run or save the file it will ask for a password, just hit cancel and it will load the file up!

Link 2:http://www.amsoftwareservices.net:80...indows%207.doc

Although there is a function on windows 7 that allows you to run in XPmode for compatibility but this still doesnt allow NCS to work, and its not the same as virtual XPmode, so dont get that confused..I can now chuck away my old 1998 IBM thinkpad 600E, that shit is so heavy and SLOW! Vasillov....I am waiting for your new files that are translated into ENGLISH!
why not just run parallels or vmware and install XP? that seems like an assload of work just to run XP. i've been running XP with the click of a button since the procede first came out with no issues (on my mbp obviously), so much easier than doing all of this.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 10:06 PM   #98
vasillalov
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 335i E90  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
why not just run parallels or vmware and install XP? that seems like an assload of work just to run XP. i've been running XP with the click of a button since the procede first came out with no issues (on my mbp obviously), so much easier than doing all of this.
I would love to run this in a virtualized environment, but the USB drivers for my cable crash the system. I did not put enough effort into getting it stable as I have a dual boot laptop... But I am sure it is doable. I just did not put in enough time in trying to figure out why it crashed.
      02-17-2012, 10:18 PM   #99
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I run Procede on windows 7 64bit with no issues right now! The reason why I went through all the trouble is I need to run a 32bit OS to make NCSexpert for coding to work...It is NOT functional on a 64bit. The way to get this on my laptop working, is going with Windows virtual XPmode...Cock suckers at Microsoft locked out this upgrade/download to users who had lower versions of Windows 7 like Windows 7 Home Premium! I just bought a netbook to find this crap out that I wasnt able to download it unless I had Windows 7 Professional! The only way to get a working copy of XPmode is what I posted OR make Bill Gates more money and upgrade my software to Windows Professional, which is what Microsoft intended in the first place..
I wanted it all in one convient laptop...INPA, NCSexpert and all the other coding programs, along with Procede Reader...I already have it on my IBM THinkpad, but that shit is mad old and heavy and an embarrassment to bring out!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 10:22 PM   #100
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3 Comp - SMB

Quote:
I already have it on my IBM THinkpad, but that shit is mad old and heavy and an embarrassment to bring out!
i won't tell anyone you like little red nobs, i promise
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 10:31 PM   #101
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I would love to run this in a virtualized environment, but the USB drivers for my cable crash the system. I did not put enough effort into getting it stable as I have a dual boot laptop... But I am sure it is doable. I just did not put in enough time in trying to figure out why it crashed.
I could imagine Vasillov how much time and effort you have done with this and again I applaud you bro. I also have put alot of time trying to get it to work on my new Acer 64bit netbook...From getting INPA to work, Cable to read, Window virtual XP operating, and to NCSexpert and all the other programs to be 100% functional. Alot of burnt brain cells I tell you!

I testing INPA today on Virtual XPmode and everything worked flawlessly...I even loaded NCSexpert and got as far as loading the profile and chicken out! Need to do more reading on this before I tread forward...

Last edited by cn555ic; 02-17-2012 at 10:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 10:32 PM   #102
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
i won't tell anyone you like little red nobs, i promise
lol! Hate that knob in the worst way
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 07:32 AM   #103
mj6234
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Does it work on 32bit Windows7? Or no?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 08:00 AM   #104
vasillalov
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 335i E90  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj6234 View Post
It is designed to work on 32-bit windows, so yes! I run it on Win 7-32bit
      02-18-2012, 09:50 AM   #105
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj6234 View Post
Yes 100% If you have 64bit you can only run INPA but not NCSexpert, and to do so you need to follow the links I provided.

Last edited by cn555ic; 02-18-2012 at 10:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 11:15 AM   #106
enrita
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 335i - Big turbos

i run it on parallels with W7-32 bits no issues.
Noticed when coding with NCS expert to be careful with the battery. if you code 30 min with ign on and all the rest switched off i got the battery light on.
07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD E85 BMS flash - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 11:17 AM   #107
vasillalov
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 335i E90  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by enrita View Post
Noticed when coding with NCS expert to be careful with the battery. if you code 30 min with ign on and all the rest switched off i got the battery light on.

Good to know! I need to look into the USB drivers and see why it is causing my VM to crash.
      02-18-2012, 11:23 AM   #108
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah Mac works well with Parallels with Windows 7 32bit. My friend wants to install it on his Mac but can't seem to get it to work. Can you post the steps and links of how to get INPA and NCS to work on a Mac?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 03:53 PM   #109
enrita
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 335i - Big turbos

Quote:
Yeah Mac works well with Parallels with Windows 7 32bit. My friend wants to install it on his Mac but can't seem to get it to work. Can you post the steps and links of how to get INPA and NCS to work on a Mac?
i just followed Vasillalov DYI and used his folders. Thats it. I had sporadic connection issues that i solved by changing some values in the USB advanced settings.
I run latest Parallels on Lion .
07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD E85 BMS flash - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 10:25 PM   #110
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have just started looking at the PDF file on coding for the NCS! Finally have some downtime after all the installation bumps I got into with the laptop..

Vasillov is there a function on INPA to register a new battery? If there is how do you navigate through it? The stuff written in German I am hesistant to press as I have no clue what the hell it means!
Appreciate 0