Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > E90 most aggressive offset without rolling fenders

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

05-16-2013, 07:06 PM   #1
AllBlackBimmer
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 m40i

E90 most aggressive offset without rolling fenders

In the market for new wheels...

Looking at the vmr 701s either in gunmetal or not sure if vmr offers other color choices on these wheels?

But what is the most aggressive wheel offset I can go with without rolling my fenders? I am NOT lowered, only on oem sport package.

I want to run a 19x9.5 wheel with a 265/30 tire. I do not want crazy poke or anything ridiculous, just a nice full fender look... Can you get away with +20et?
      05-17-2013, 09:35 AM   #2
maxipad96
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335 E90

I have 19x9.5 et +23 rear with 265/30 and eibach drop/Pre LCI. Unless I were to load up the car like crazy I do not rub. My daily commute with just me I've never rubbed. No roll right now, but might slightly roll just to be safe.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 11:29 AM   #3
Kid Red
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxipad96 View Post
I have 19x9.5 et +23 rear with 265/30 and eibach drop/Pre LCI. Unless I were to load up the car like crazy I do not rub. My daily commute with just me I've never rubbed. No roll right now, but might slightly roll just to be safe.
Photos of your setup? I'm looking to get an eibach drop and would like to see that with that rear offset.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 11:42 AM   #4
AllBlackBimmer
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxipad96 View Post

05-17-2013, 11:51 AM   #5
mammothboarderdc
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlackBimmer View Post

+1
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 12:24 PM   #6
VMRWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Quote:
In the market for new wheels...

Looking at the vmr 701s either in gunmetal or not sure if vmr offers other color choices on these wheels?

But what is the most aggressive wheel offset I can go with without rolling my fenders? I am NOT lowered, only on oem sport package.

I want to run a 19x9.5 wheel with a 265/30 tire. I do not want crazy poke or anything ridiculous, just a nice full fender look... Can you get away with +20et?
We recommend 19x8.5 ET35/19x9.5 ET33. This setup is going to be about as flush as you'd want to go without risk of any issues. Some people have run lower offsets, like ET22, on pre-LCIs before but we don't recommend a setup like that.

Also, we do offer custom powder coat finishes too.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vmrwhee...7627001100117/
      05-17-2013, 12:43 PM   #7
AllBlackBimmer
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMRWheels View Post
We recommend 19x8.5 ET35/19x9.5 ET33. This setup is going to be about as flush as you'd want to go without risk of any issues. Some people have run lower offsets, like ET22, on pre-LCIs before but we don't recommend a setup like that.

Also, we do offer custom powder coat finishes too.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vmrwhee...7627001100117/
What other offsets are the VMR 701s available in?

Why do you not "recommend" an offset like that? Some type of liability by recommending wheels with an "incorrect" offset?

What color is the closest to a DARK gunmetal? The galaxy black looks nice... "solar rain" looks like a really nice color too, but i can't tell if its more of a black or a blue

Last edited by AllBlackBimmer; 05-17-2013 at 01:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 01:06 PM   #8
edirtaynine
Major General
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:

Why do you not "recommend" an offset like that? Some type of liability by recommending wheels with an "incorrect" offset?
i think a lot of you dont realize what it means and takes to run a business (small or large). if i, as a private person, sells someone my wheels and say "oh +10 offset and 305 tires is fine" and sell it. then the person buys it and rubs like crazy, he/she cant "sue" me and force me to do a refund and write some stupid flaming review on yelp/forums/wherever (cuz i wouldnt give a shit). but as soon as im a legit operating business, the internet becomes full of whining self-entitled brats who want the best of both worlds and the second something isn't exactly to their liking, they demand a refund/compensation or threaten to put them on blast on the internet.

imagine if VMR (or any other wheel vendor, not a person) told a forum member that they can stretch 215's on a 10-inch wheel and run super aggressive fitment. then the person puts it on and hits a pothole or the tire sidewalls rub off and he/she freaks out. demands a refund from the vendor. vendor refuses or offers a discount on new set. then what? put them on blast? give them negative ratings and slander them everywhere on the forum? all because of one stupid spoiled brat who didnt do their research before purchase and doesnt want to be held accountable? fuck that noise.

jm3as hooks it up
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 01:14 PM   #9
AllBlackBimmer
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by edirtaynine View Post
i think a lot of you dont realize what it means and takes to run a business (small or large). if i, as a private person, sells someone my wheels and say "oh +10 offset and 305 tires is fine" and sell it. then the person buys it and rubs like crazy, he/she cant "sue" me and force me to do a refund and write some stupid flaming review on yelp/forums/wherever (cuz i wouldnt give a shit). but as soon as im a legit operating business, the internet becomes full of whining self-entitled brats who want the best of both worlds and the second something isn't exactly to their liking, they demand a refund/compensation or threaten to put them on blast on the internet.

imagine if VMR (or any other wheel vendor, not a person) told a forum member that they can stretch 215's on a 10-inch wheel and run super aggressive fitment. then the person puts it on and hits a pothole or the tire sidewalls rub off and he/she freaks out. demands a refund from the vendor. vendor refuses or offers a discount on new set. then what? put them on blast? give them negative ratings and slander them everywhere on the forum? all because of one stupid spoiled brat who didnt do their research before purchase and doesnt want to be held accountable? fuck that noise.
Trust me, I get it.
      05-17-2013, 01:25 PM   #10
edirtaynine
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Trust me, I get it.
it wasnt really directed to you specifically, but your question brought it up for me.

i just find it funny when people want "aggressive" but "no fender work" at the same time. it's like asking "how can i slam my car to the ground but not scrape?" certain things, you just cant have both.

jm3as hooks it up
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 02:05 PM   #11
VMRWheels
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Quote:

What color is the closest to a DARK gunmetal? The galaxy black looks nice... "solar rain" looks like a really nice color too, but i can't tell if its more of a black or a blue
We offer the 18x9.5s in ET45 and ET22 as well. ET22 is what I would consider a more aggressive fitment that may need some fender rolling. Definitely a liability thing!

I prefer Galaxy Black as far as a dark gunmetal finish goes. It's got a nice metallic flake, super glossy clear, and it always comes out looking good. The results vary a bit for Solar Rain. IE: It's less consistent as far as the shade goes. Both would look good though.
Quote:
it wasnt really directed to you specifically, but your question brought it up for me.

i just find it funny when people want "aggressive" but "no fender work" at the same time. it's like asking "how can i slam my car to the ground but not scrape?" certain things, you just cant have both.
Hit the nail on the head pretty much! People can and have run more aggressive fitments than what we recommend, but there are a ton of factors that will affect how it fits.
      05-17-2013, 02:06 PM   #12
maxipad96
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335 E90

Quote:

Sorry she is so dirty, but here it is. You can see the tire size and the +12 spacer.

+23 9.5 rear Pre LCI with eibach or stock is fine. Any lower and you will prob rub.

Last edited by maxipad96; 05-17-2013 at 02:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 03:41 PM   #13
surfcity335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Coupe E92

Quote:
Huh? If VMR (or any other entity in the business of selling wheels for use on public roads and advising the public re the same) tells someone that they can put 215's on a 10 inch wheel and that person then has problems as a result of that (obviously poor and negligent) advice, that person is fully within the bounds of reason to hold VMR responsible for the consequences of that poor advice. Why in the world would it be otherwise?

Now, if VMR had told someone they could mount said wheels to the roof of the car and that would give them protection from the impact of a meteor, that would be a different story. One involves justifiable reliance and the other does not.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 03:54 PM   #14
edirtaynine
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfcity335i View Post
Huh? If VMR (or any other entity in the business of selling wheels for use on public roads and advising the public re the same) tells someone that they can put 215's on a 10 inch wheel and that person then has problems as a result of that (obviously poor and negligent) advice, that person is fully within the bounds of reason to hold VMR responsible for the consequences of that poor advice. Why in the world would it be otherwise?
uhhh that was the whole reason for my post. i pointed that out because too many people on the forums question a vendor's suggestion about "aggressive fitment" (more like, lack of aggressiveness).

The point was, a "regular person" can "advise" as much as they want on aggressive fitment and not be held liable, but a business/vendor doesn't have that luxury.

jm3as hooks it up
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 04:08 PM   #15
surfcity335i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
The point was, a "regular person" can "advise" as much as they want on aggressive fitment and not be held liable, but a business/vendor doesn't have that luxury.
Yeah, and then you went on to say "all because of one stupid spoiled brat who didnt do their research before purchase and doesnt want to be held accountable" as if the stupid spoiled brat doesn't have a legitimate beef with the vendor who told him to fit 215's on a 10" rim. If that consumer was relying on the skill and judgment of the vendor to recommend a safe and proper fitment, he has a gripe whether or not he's a spoiled brat.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 04:19 PM   #16
VMRWheels
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
^Both of you are saying the same thing, just looking at it differently. More or less we recommend specs because we know and guarantee them to be problem free. If we were to recommend specs that are not recommended and cause issues, we are held liable.

Moral of the story is to avoid all headaches, we like to stick to our standard fitments. We have plenty of customers that request more aggressive stuff though. Generally they know what it will take to make that specific fitment work on their car.
      05-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #17
edirtaynine
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, and then you went on to say "all because of one stupid spoiled brat who didnt do their research before purchase and doesnt want to be held accountable" as if the stupid spoiled brat doesn't have a legitimate beef with the vendor who told him to fit 215's on a 10" rim. If that consumer was relying on the skill and judgment of the vendor to recommend a safe and proper fitment, he has a gripe whether or not he's a spoiled brat.
nevermind. im not here to argue my point with you, nor was it for anyone specific in this thread. i noticed that you recently joined the forums. you'll eventually see how often kids will make a new thread about wanting flush/aggressive fitment but not want any work done to fenders, tire sizing, etc. then when a vendor suggests conservative fitment, they'll get some heat about how those specs are a joke and not aggressive and will need spacers, blah blah blah.

jm3as hooks it up
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 04:24 PM   #18
surfcity335i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMRWheels View Post
^Both of you are saying the same thing, just looking at it differently. More or less we recommend specs because we know and guarantee them to be problem free.
We may agree that a vendor can be held responsible for poor advice, but where we differ is how we perceive the person who would hold the vendor responsible. He referred to the hypothetical consumer (in the 215 on a 10" rim example) as a spoiled brat and I view them as legimitately harmed. Matter of perception and expectation I suspect.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 04:26 PM   #19
surfcity335i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
nevermind. im not here to argue my point with you, nor was it for anyone specific in this thread. i noticed that you recently joined the forums. you'll eventually see how often kids will make a new thread about wanting flush/aggressive fitment but not want any work done to fenders, tire sizing, etc. then when a vendor suggests conservative fitment, they'll get some heat about how those specs are a joke and not aggressive and will need spacers, blah blah blah.
I get it. And although I may be new here, I am not new to forums, luxury cars, teenage angst, etc. I just took exception to your description of the guy who was sold 215's on a 10" wheel. That particular customer got shafted no matter which way you slice him. It's all good.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 04:30 PM   #20
edirtaynine
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I get it. And although I may be new here, I am not new to forums, luxury cars, teenage angst, etc. I just took exception to your description of the guy who was sold 215's on a 10" wheel. That particular customer got shafted no matter which way you slice him.
that "example" didnt happen. i made it up for the sake of my point of why vendors wont recommend/suggest that type of sizing, but a "regular person" can and still get away with it.

it was for the people that question a vendor's knowledge/suggestion/customer-satisfaction when something doesn't perfectly match what they want (super flush fitment with no rubbing and no fender work).

and i didnt mean that you were new to forums... just that you're new to THIS forum and eventually you'll see how often this question gets asked about and requested for.

jm3as hooks it up
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 04:35 PM   #21
surfcity335i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
that "example" didnt happen. i made it up for the sake of my point...
I understood it all along to be a hypothetical and not something that had actually happened. No harm no foul.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2013, 02:43 PM   #22
AllBlackBimmer
Colonel
United_States
Rep

BUMP...

In for more fitment answers...

What is the MOST aggressive wheel offset + tire combo (with some stretch, not extreme stretch - i know that is subjective) you can run on a PRE-LCI E90 sedan, RWD, on OEM sport suspension?