E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > 2 explosions at the Boston Marathon.

04-22-2013, 10:26 PM   #177
Dkhan23
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 962
Size:  181.8 KB
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 10:27 PM   #178
Dkhan23
Banned
Rep

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1001
Size:  264.4 KB
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 10:28 PM   #179
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

http://atruthsoldier.wordpress.com/2...oston-bombing/

i don't believe it, but just posting for others : )
      04-22-2013, 10:35 PM   #180
Dkhan23
Banned
Rep

COPY THIS INTO YOUR BROWSER AND AND TAKE A LOOK AT IT YOUR SELF!!

View post on imgur.com
Take out both the URLs
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 10:44 PM   #181
Eagle1oh7
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 328i Sedan

Cue the crazies drinking the Alex Jones kool-aid.
DONE: Seibon CF Hood, M3 Rep, MSport rear w/DD CF Diffuser, M3 Rep Skirts, Seibon CSL trunklid, Forgestar F14 18s w/Michelin PSS, Eisenmann catback, AA Headers, BPC Stage 2, Charcoal Delete+revMotor+AFE Drop In filter
FUTURE MODS: LED headlights, CF rooftop, M3 Suspension Conversion, Dinan CAI Mod
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 03:17 AM   #182
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Using Alex Jones' logic, terrorists just do not exist. Everything is a government operation. Misreported information is ALWAYS the truth. One unsubstantiated article in the guardian of an account from a source of unknown credibility is automatically more credible than the hundreds of substantiated eyewitness reports to the contrary simply because it goes along with his idiotic theories.

Cue the "substantiated by who maaaaaaaaaaaan?"

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 08:31 AM   #183
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/natio...funeral/64446/

Quote:
How Boston and the Internet Scared Off Westboro Church from a Victim Funeral

Today was supposed to be a big day for the hate-filled and attention-starved Westboro Baptist Church: In the wake of the Boston bombings, they were planning to picket the funeral of Krystle Campbell, the 29-year-old victim of the marathon attack. And it was all going so well until — well, until Anonymous and the Boston Teamsters got involved.

This is gross release the WBC sent out in anticipation of Campbell's funeral:

That's about as terrible as everything we've come to expect from the WBC — tasteless, senseless, and attention getting. So when the Local 25 Teamsters, the Boston chapter of the national labor union group, heard of the hate group's plans, the teamsters called them out: "Show your face," read one post on the union's site; "no-shows" read a teamster tweet. That's because they decided to make a human chain to let Krystle's family and friends mourn in peace:

That's reminiscent of when the "church" failed to show up at the funeral of the late hacker Aaron Swartz, after threats from the do-gooder hacktivists at Anonymous. And — what do you know? — Anonymous took control of Westboro's Facebook page today, too:
Anonymous can be annoying but my hat is off to them this time.
      04-23-2013, 10:37 AM   #184
Ashley Schaeffer BMW
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Using Alex Jones' logic, terrorists just do not exist. Everything is a government operation. Misreported information is ALWAYS the truth. One unsubstantiated article in the guardian of an account from a source of unknown credibility is automatically more credible than the hundreds of substantiated eyewitness reports to the contrary simply because it goes along with his idiotic theories.

Cue the "substantiated by who maaaaaaaaaaaan?"

lol I see there is a little too much activity in this thread for you to focus and wrap your brain around 1 thing at a time. The guardian = Alex jones? Gotcha.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 01:09 PM   #185
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
My comments weren't in direct reference to anything specific, just an observation. I was thinking about every single major event of the last decade and according to Alex and alike, not one of them has been as they seem (I.e. terrorist operations, lone nutcase, etc). It is entirely possible for a single person to commit an act of terror without involvement. Because that takes food out of Alex's mouth, he discounts it as even a possibility EVERY time. To me, and any thinking person, that alone should ruin his credibility. The "nothing is as it seems" attitude that some of you guys have is likely more naive than those who believe media accounts of these events. You have to come to terms that sometimes things ARE as they seem and ARE the actions of a single person and not always a government machine at work.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold

Last edited by KingOfJericho; 04-23-2013 at 01:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 01:38 PM   #186
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

^^ I tend to agree with you. When you're (people like Jones) fighting for it so vehemently and it's ALWAYS the work of the government well, lets face it, these guys that do that come off as nut bars wearing tinfoil hats. And the government just ignores the allegations because they know that those guys lose credibility when they always present a one sided conclusion. If they would just present the information rather than calling it infowars; a lot more people would entertain these possibilities. But when AJ rams the info along with HIS theory down your throat, people turn a deaf ear.

I guess this is part of the reason so many people can't think for themselves. They just listen to everyone's story and pick which one they think is real.
      04-23-2013, 02:22 PM   #187
MiddleAgedAl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
You have to come to terms that sometimes things ARE as they seem and ARE the actions of a single person and not always a government machine at work.
Occam's Razor FTW.

If I've seen any pattern in life repeat itself over and over, it's that you are right most consistently when placing more weight on the PROBABLE, rather than the POSSIBLE.

If someone wants to live in perpetual fear and paranoia because it is remotely possible that such complex conspiracies could be executed, then good luck to them. I'd bet that Alex Jones himself does not actually believe it, but there's so much money and influence to be gained by advocating those ideas, he'd be a fool to turn that tap off now.

The problem is not Alex Jones, it's the people who willingly buy what he's selling.

For those who have trouble understanding the critical distinction between probable and possible, I have some magic crystals to sell you. These will prevent you from being one of the 75 people (out of >300 million) who will die this year from being struck by lightning. If you keep them in your pocket, and you dont get hit, you know they are working. Please PM me for details, I take paypal.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 03:53 PM   #188
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleAgedAl View Post
Occam's Razor FTW.

If I've seen any pattern in life repeat itself over and over, it's that you are right most consistently when placing more weight on the PROBABLE, rather than the POSSIBLE.

If someone wants to live in perpetual fear and paranoia because it is remotely possible that such complex conspiracies could be executed, then good luck to them. I'd bet that Alex Jones himself does not actually believe it, but there's so much money and influence to be gained by advocating those ideas, he'd be a fool to turn that tap off now.

The problem is not Alex Jones, it's the people who willingly buy what he's selling.

For those who have trouble understanding the critical distinction between probable and possible, I have some magic crystals to sell you. These will prevent you from being one of the 75 people (out of >300 million) who will die this year from being struck by lightning. If you keep them in your pocket, and you dont get hit, you know they are working. Please PM me for details, I take paypal.
+100000

We don't agree on some things, but this was spot on. I bet he's making some money from some of the people on this forum as well.
      04-23-2013, 04:11 PM   #189
Ashley Schaeffer BMW
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I would use the term cognitive dissonance to describe the thought processes of some of you.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 04:14 PM   #190
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
I've always thought the Alex Jones act was a complete work but the scary part is how many drink his kool aid with no questions asked under the ruse that they are actually the ones asking the questions. That's the great irony of the whole thing. They think they're not sheep by acting like sheep for another cause.

Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 12:35 AM   #191
TS135i
piggy in the mirror
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2013 6MT 135i

Alex gives another perspective, otherwise we are just left with CNN etc propaganda. In the end the people will decide what they want to believe.
      05-01-2013, 03:45 PM   #192
kmarei
Major General
Egypt
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS5 coupe

Garage List
2018 Audi RS5  [0.00]
interesting

http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/01/not...s-are-muslims/
      05-01-2013, 03:49 PM   #193
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Change the number to the % of fatalities due to terrorism and the numbers would be radically different.

Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 05:32 PM   #194
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

because of the boston bombings, i've pretty much boycotted cnn and fnc. seriously, can they juice any more drama out of this? watch that stuff enough, it'll mess up your mood. thanks, i've rediscovered cartoon network.

sensationalism and fear mongering at its best on both ends. 4 people died... 4!

Last edited by amanda hor$t; 05-01-2013 at 05:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 06:32 PM   #195
kyle335i
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Grubba Balls View Post
because of the boston bombings, i've pretty much boycotted cnn and fnc. seriously, can they juice any more drama out of this? watch that stuff enough, it'll mess up your mood. thanks, i've rediscovered cartoon network.

sensationalism and fear mongering at its best on both ends. 4 people died... 4!
I agree totally....it still saddens me to see, I'm a runner thus it worries me that people are terrorizing such a small hobby
Appreciate 0