E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > New bike..now 335 is slow

11-30-2012, 10:01 AM   #89
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

Try renting a Nissan Sentra for a month.
Then go back into your 335. Rinse and repeat as necessary.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 10:17 AM   #90
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Knight_335 View Post
Try renting a Nissan Sentra for a month.
Then go back into your 335. Rinse and repeat as necessary.
Try a gold chevy impala. Even my Mom laughed at me.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 10:19 AM   #91
andybui82
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Try a gold chevy impala. Even my Mom laughed at me.
or JB4 that mofo.

on a sidenote...for me at least an 848 or I'm not down with a bike.
      11-30-2012, 10:21 AM   #92
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybui82 View Post
or JB4 that mofo.

on a sidenote...for me at least an 848 or I'm not down with a bike.
I didnt even want that thing seen in my drive way.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 10:24 AM   #93
andybui82
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
I didnt even want that thing seen in my drive way.
...wut...... chu crasie.
      11-30-2012, 01:10 PM   #94
BrazilianBimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: Black e90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan stewart View Post
Just move South. Not only do you get a longer riding season but all of the other benefits of not dealing with frigid weather.
Then get to deal with hurricane season, tsunami and whatever else mother Earth decides to throw at me. I love Florida though. Thanks for the suggestion. lol
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 02:15 PM   #95
VMRWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
All this bike talk wants me want a bike again. I've wanted one for years now but convinced myself it's too dangerous. I've seen some crazy freeway accidents and it scared me away.. But at the same time I want more thrill!
      11-30-2012, 02:43 PM   #96
ryan stewart
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 328it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianBimmer View Post
Then get to deal with hurricane season, tsunami and whatever else mother Earth decides to throw at me. I love Florida though. Thanks for the suggestion. lol
In the 3 years I have lived in Atlanta I dont recall getting hit with any hurricanes or tsunamis. No earthquakes either (an issue you might face on the other coast).
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 03:07 PM   #97
F104
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: E92 320D M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMRWheels View Post
All this bike talk wants me want a bike again. I've wanted one for years now but convinced myself it's too dangerous. I've seen some crazy freeway accidents and it scared me away.. But at the same time I want more thrill!
consider a 1200 GS/A. Nature of the bike keeps you in the lower speed regions while it is very capable. I drive my GS hard, but I'm not into high speed cornering. I hardly go over 100mph straight line as I don't see the fun of it. In fact i only use my bike on biking trips / holidays, on the 'good' roads
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 03:13 PM   #98
Reznick
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 ,01 330,M240?

This is the bike I was almost killed on. I did the whole rebuild & paint work . Bought rashed panels off ebay. Its House of Kolors Kandy Tangerine. I cut the vinyl myself. Wanted it to look like a factory bike but in a different color with different color graphics. Wish it was sunnier because the paint has a nice metallic and has a lot of depth
Attached Images

Last edited by Reznick; 11-30-2012 at 03:22 PM.. Reason: added
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 03:20 PM   #99
Reznick
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

The pic from the rear probably gives you the best idea of what the color looks like in the sun. The left side of the tank was smashed in and required a little metal work to get it to look right. I laid the graphics on the tank and the clear coated it just like the factory would
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 05:42 PM   #100
BrazilianBimmer
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reznick View Post
This is the bike I was almost killed on. I did the whole rebuild & paint work . Bought rashed panels off ebay. Its House of Kolors Kandy Tangerine. I cut the vinyl myself. Wanted it to look like a factory bike but in a different color with different color graphics. Wish it was sunnier because the paint has a nice metallic and has a lot of depth
How did you almost get killed on it? care to share?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 07:33 PM   #101
Reznick
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I was coming back from a car cruze. It was just getting dark. I was with a pack of friends. They all hammered it and I was just chugging along doing the speed limit.I thought I saw something fly up in the air, and the next thing I know I saw sparks on the pavement ahead of me.The sparks were actually a light up, steel restaraunt sign( ya know the one that sits on the ground with an arrow pointing to the store and you can change the letters on it to make it say what you want)It was a 2 lane road in the middle of nowhere.I was headed west and some idiot headed east had the sign in the back of his truck. He never strapped it down and it took flight.Believe it or not it was upright spinning across the road right at me.I got on my front brakes as hard as I could, basically doing a stoppie. I couldn't get slowed down fast enough so I let off the brakes, & when the back end hit the ground I yanked the bike to the left,,,heading straight for on coming traffic , which just happen to be a Dodge RAM pickup truck. So I went quickly back to the right just missing the truck as they locked up their brakes. So now I'm headed back toward the sign, still upright and sparking, that has been trying so hard to kill me.Now I'm headed for the side of the road which lucky for me( and I didn't know at the time) had no guard rails, just a little gravel and some grass and trees. I got on both brakes as hard as I could figuring I was gonna get hit and figured if I hit it I might be lucky enough to be ejected over it. I'll never forget watching that sign go flying right in front of me(my headlights lit it up...it still had letters on it) and catching my front wheel.It ejected me.I landed in the grass and the bike cartwheeled to a stop and landed on top of me. All I remember is myself moaning "I'm still alive" & the scream of motorcycle engines coming back my way.(my friend said all he could see when he looked back was my head light go all over the place disappear.They figured I was dead) One of my best friends stopped to make sure I was alive and then took off while the other guys lifted the bike off me and called 911. What I didn't know at the time is the guy that lost the sign had stopped a little further down the road, and my buddy had caught up him.He was literally getting ready to kill the guy he was so upset ( he's a former Green Beret), when a State Trooper pulls up wondering whats going on. My friend tries to explain but at this point we are about 1/4 mile apart. The Trooper calls in a motorcycle accident. I was right between counties ,so needless to say 3 different companies came. Fire engine, Sheriffs, volunteers,Troopers and ambulances and none of them could find me cuz it was pitch dark . So there I lay hoping one of my friends can flag someone down. Luckily the guy that I almost ran into with the RAM turns around , found me and parked his truck in the middle of the lane with his flashers on.Everyone on scene couldn't believe i was alive not to mention coherent and talking like nothing happened. They figured I was in shock, but I can just remember thinking I couldn't believe I was alive and OK . I didn't realize how bad things were. Here's the kicker . The guy who lost the sign wouldn't admit that he lost anything out of his truck & my friends really didn't see what happened.At this point I was trying to explain to the troopers what had happen. When I told them it was a sign they looked at me like I was crazy. All I could hear was chatter back and forth on the walkie talkies .After about 15 minutes I heard " Hey we have a restarant sign down here in the trees". When the Trooper (female trooper) said"sir would you like to admit this is yours or are we gonna do this the hard way?" , his response was" Fine , its mine, can I just have my ticket so I can go home?"The trooper was pissed. She told him it would be a long time before he got home after all the tickets she was going to write him and that he was lucky he wasn't going to jail for homicide. He never came down to check on me...nothing. To make things worse the bike only had 800 miles on it and this guy had no insurance and not a penny to his name. It was the first time I ever had to sue someone and I never got a dime.All my medical bills have been paid by me. I could have 2 Ferraris sitting in my garage for all the surgeries Ive had .I brkoe me C3 & C4 and have a chunk of bone wedged against my spinal chord, but it doesn't seem to be causing problems, so its gonna stay .I can walk and move just fine now without any weakness, but there was nerve damage to my occipital nerve and it causes excruciating pain to my head ear and eye, almost every day. I've been having surgeries but they only give minor relief. My doctors are working now on getting me into the Cleveland Clinic to see if they can do anything. My left shoulder was so destroyed the team of doctors that worked on it said they'd never seen anything like it and can't believe I have full use of it. I worked extremely hard in therapy to get use of it back. Every once in a while it will catch and hurt, but other then a gnarly scar you'd never know. So that stopped my racing career. I put the bike back together as I was healing . I was cathartic for me I guess . I just finished putting up a new state of the art work shop to build cars and bikes. I think I'm gonna hang it from the ceiling.For some reason I can't part with it .I was wearing all my gear from the best Arai helmet $ could by right down to Alpinestars boots.Sure its hot and you might look like a douche but it saved my life. I kept it all as a reminder.For all that went wrong that night , I consider myself very lucky. My family's business has kept some money coming in for me and my wife has stood by me through it all.So even though I'm still in a lot of pain I still consider myself lucky.This was over 10 years ago. Sorry for the long story . There's more I could tell but maybe another time. I bought the bike as a left over. It was originally blue. I thought about putting it back to its original state , but I figured something special was called for.You can let it beat you or you can keep pushing , I'll keep pushing on The Trooper came to see me in the hospital.We never actually met that night cuz she was reaming the guy out that lost the sign.She was really cool.Even showed up to court for me. She said when my friend said I was down on the side of the road she was sure I'd be dead.Motorcycle calls are usually never good. I think every emergency worker came over to me that night and put their hand on me and thanked god I was still alive. It was surreal. I still talk to some of the first responders because I have a friend who is a State Trooper who knows some of them

Last edited by Reznick; 11-30-2012 at 08:03 PM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 08:09 PM   #102
Bamaben
Major
Rep
Drives: 07 335i blk/blk/alum 6MT

Quote:
Quote:
I was coming back from a car cruze. It was just getting dark. I was with a pack of friends. They all hammered it and I was just chugging along doing the speed limit.I thought I saw something fly up in the air, and the next thing I know I saw sparks on the pavement ahead of me.The sparks were actually a light up, steel restaraunt sign( ya know the one that sits on the ground with an arrow pointing to the store and you can change the letters on it to make it say what you want)It was a 2 lane road in the middle of nowhere.I was headed west and some idiot headed east had the sign in the back of his truck. He never strapped it down and it took flight.Believe it or not it was upright spinning across the road right at me.I got on my front brakes as hard as I could, basically doing a stoppie. I couldn't get slowed down fast enough so I let off the brakes, & when the back end hit the ground I yanked the bike to the left,,,heading straight for on coming traffic , which just happen to be a Dodge RAM pickup truck. So I went quickly back to the right just missing the truck as they locked up their brakes. So now I'm headed back toward the sign, still upright and sparking, that has been trying so hard to kill me.Now I'm headed for the side of the road which lucky for me( and I didn't know at the time) had no guard rails, just a little gravel and some grass and trees. I got on both brakes as hard as I could figuring I was gonna get hit and figured if I hit it I might be lucky enough to be ejected over it. I'll never forget watching that sign go flying right in front of me(my headlights lit it up...it still had letters on it) and catching my front wheel.It ejected me.I landed in the grass and the bike cartwheeled to a stop and landed on top of me. All I remember is myself moaning "I'm still alive" & the scream of motorcycle engines coming back my way.(my friend said all he could see when he looked back was my head light go all over the place disappear.They figured I was dead) One of my best friends stopped to make sure I was alive and then took off while the other guys lifted the bike off me and called 911. What I didn't know at the time is the guy that lost the sign had stopped a little further down the road, and my buddy had caught up him.He was literally getting ready to kill the guy he was so upset ( he's a former Green Beret), when a State Trooper pulls up wondering whats going on. My friend tries to explain but at this point we are about 1/4 mile apart. The Trooper calls in a motorcycle accident. I was right between counties ,so needless to say 3 different companies came. Fire engine, Sheriffs, volunteers,Troopers and ambulances and none of them could find me cuz it was pitch dark . So there I lay hoping one of my friends can flag someone down. Luckily the guy that I almost ran into with the RAM turns around , found me and parked his truck in the middle of the lane with his flashers on.Everyone on scene couldn't believe i was alive not to mention coherent and talking like nothing happened. They figured I was in shock, but I can just remember thinking I couldn't believe I was alive and OK . I didn't realize how bad things were. Here's the kicker . The guy who lost the sign wouldn't admit that he lost anything out of his truck & my friends really didn't see what happened.At this point I was trying to explain to the troopers what had happen. When I told them it was a sign they looked at me like I was crazy. All I could hear was chatter back and forth on the walkie talkies .After about 15 minutes I heard " Hey we have a restarant sign down here in the trees". When the Trooper (female trooper) said"sir would you like to admit this is yours or are we gonna do this the hard way?" , his response was" Fine , its mine, can I just have my ticket so I can go home?"The trooper was pissed. She told him it would be a long time before he got home after all the tickets she was going to write him and that he was lucky he wasn't going to jail for homicide. He never came down to check on me...nothing. To make things worse the bike only had 800 miles on it and this guy had no insurance and not a penny to his name. It was the first time I ever had to sue someone and I never got a dime.All my medical bills have been paid by me. I could have 2 Ferraris sitting in my garage for all the surgeries Ive had .I brkoe me C3 & C4 and have a chunk of bone wedged against my spinal chord, but it doesn't seem to be causing problems, so its gonna stay .I can walk and move just fine now without any weakness, but there was nerve damage to my occipital nerve and it causes excruciating pain to my head ear and eye, almost every day. I've been having surgeries but they only give minor relief. My doctors are working now on getting me into the Cleveland Clinic to see if they can do anything. My left shoulder was so destroyed the team of doctors that worked on it said they'd never seen anything like it and can't believe I have full use of it. I worked extremely hard in therapy to get use of it back. Every once in a while it will catch and hurt, but other then a gnarly scar you'd never know. So that stopped my racing career. I put the bike back together as I was healing . I was cathartic for me I guess . I just finished putting up a new state of the art work shop to build cars and bikes. I think I'm gonna hang it from the ceiling.For some reason I can't part with it .I was wearing all my gear from the best Arai helmet $ could by right down to Alpinestars boots.Sure its hot and you might look like a douche but it saved my life. I kept it all as a reminder.For all that went wrong that night , I consider myself very lucky. My family's business has kept some money coming in for me and my wife has stood by me through it all.So even though I'm still in a lot of pain I still consider myself lucky.This was over 10 years ago. Sorry for the long story . There's more I could tell but maybe another time. I bought the bike as a left over. It was originally blue. I thought about putting it back to its original state , but I figured something special was called for.You can let it beat you or you can keep pushing , I'll keep pushing on The Trooper came to see me in the hospital.She was eally cool. She said when my friend said I was down on the side of the road she was sure I'd be dead.Motorcycle calls are usually never good. I think every emergency worker came over to me that night and put their hand on me and thanked god I was still alive. It was surreal. I still talk to some of the first responders because I have a friend who is a State Trooper who knows some of them
Wow! Scary stuff!
^^
This is by far the longest reply I've ever read on this or any other forum in my life.
Glad you are alive!

It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at him-- Jack Handey

mods: blackout grill, finishing rods, badges, Blacklines.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 08:38 PM   #103
Reznick
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamaben View Post
Wow! Scary stuff!
^^
This is by far the longest reply I've ever read on this or any other forum in my life.
Glad you are alive!
Yeah.sorry for the length,,,but somehow just saying someone hit me ,,just didn't do it justice.lol
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 03:30 AM   #104
Bamaben
Major
Rep
Drives: 07 335i blk/blk/alum 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamaben View Post
Wow! Scary stuff!
^^
Glad you are alive!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reznick
Yeah.sorry for the length,,,but somehow just saying someone hit me ,,just didn't do it justice.lol
In this case, you are correct

It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at him-- Jack Handey

mods: blackout grill, finishing rods, badges, Blacklines.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 05:44 PM   #105
BrazilianBimmer
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Thank you for not ignoring my question and responding. And yes this counts as one of the longest post I've ever read on a forum.
Thank you for sharing you story. I'm glad you're ok.
It goes to show how fragile life can be. Sometimes its all about being in the the wrong place and the wrong time.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 09:39 PM   #106
cruzinZ
Rep
Drives: 300ZXTT

Quote:
Thats exactly what I agree with. Every guy tells me get a ninja 250 and I keep saying no! Thats a push button bike. I have a lot of self control so I know I can handle the power.... just need to get stronger so I can handle the weight

Typical beginner comment. No offense, as your not the first to use this logic. Self control is only about 1% of the battle you'll have to deal with. Learn to ride a bike properly! The last thing we need is another statistic. The 250 is a beginner bike. Use it as such and when you get some miles under your belt sell it for what you paid for it! If you get a nice shiny new supersport and drop it at 3mph it can cost upwards of $1700 in damages to fix. The 250 will teach you about 'how' to ride rather than scaring the crap out of yourself when your trying to figure everything out in the first few thousand miles. Its also a whole lot more fun to ride the little 250 fast than a fast bike slow!

Second save some money and get good riding gear. Always dress for the fall not the ride. Asphalt does not care if you are pretty/ugly, male/female. The only thing worse than sliding down the road at 50mph is sitting in the ER while the nurses scrub your road rash with brushes.

Last but not least, healthcare... if you have anything of value: home, nice car, liquid assets make sure you are covered in case something happens. Hospitals can hit you with some bills will take decades to recover from.

And last but not least. Riding is something that is not for everyone. For me I couldn't picture life without a sport bike. Cars get you from point A to B. Nice cars or sports cars are more more fun between point A & B. Bikes on the other hand are in a different league. I'll ride any day its not raining or foggy. I have heated gear and do not care much about cold weather. As long as their is not ice/water on the ground its a good day to ride for me!

Last edited by cruzinZ; 12-02-2012 at 10:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 02:45 PM   #107
Reznick
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thank you for not ignoring my question and responding. And yes this counts as one of the longest post I've ever read on a forum.
Thank you for sharing you story. I'm glad you're ok.
It goes to show how fragile life can be. Sometimes its all about being in the the wrong place and the wrong time.
Yeah thanks for wishing me well.Its been a lot worse then I let on but thats life. I'll make it.A LOT of people have gone out of their way for me and done things that they didn't have to...it was just because they cared.

It would figure I was the one doing the speed limit and I got hit.If I had been doing 90mph I would have never known it happened.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 04:58 PM   #108
avocet
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i 2011 X5d

Quote:
Thats exactly what I agree with. Every guy tells me get a ninja 250 and I keep saying no! Thats a push button bike. I have a lot of self control so I know I can handle the power.... just need to get stronger so I can handle the weight
It is not what you ride. My 1981 cb125s is one of the funnest street bikes i have ever ridden. It's funny to see how the big boys on their "big" 600's chuckle at me.
They dont chuckle when they get dropped in the mountains when i am on my vfr with saddlebags. The guys on 600's in front of me don't chuckle at my 125.

Here is an example of how slow and "beginner" a ninja 250 can be:
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 05:21 PM   #109
galahad05
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '07 335i e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocet View Post
It is not what you ride. My 1981 cb125s is one of the funnest street bikes i have ever ridden. It's funny to see how the big boys on their "big" 600's chuckle at me.
They dont chuckle when they get dropped in the mountains when i am on my vfr with saddlebags. The guys on 600's in front of me don't chuckle at my 125.

Here is an example of how slow and "beginner" a ninja 250 can be:
Very well said! And holy crap that was no beginner on a 250 there--did you see how he/she took the Corkscrew at Laguna? That is probably the hardest and scariest corner in North America. Frieakin' took it flat out and knee dragging.
      12-02-2012, 07:16 PM   #110
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
I was coming back from a car cruze. It was just getting dark. I was with a pack of friends. They all hammered it and I was just chugging along doing the speed limit.I thought I saw something fly up in the air, and the next thing I know I saw sparks on the pavement ahead of me.The sparks were actually a light up, steel restaraunt sign( ya know the one that sits on the ground with an arrow pointing to the store and you can change the letters on it to make it say what you want)It was a 2 lane road in the middle of nowhere.I was headed west and some idiot headed east had the sign in the back of his truck. He never strapped it down and it took flight.Believe it or not it was upright spinning across the road right at me.I got on my front brakes as hard as I could, basically doing a stoppie. I couldn't get slowed down fast enough so I let off the brakes, & when the back end hit the ground I yanked the bike to the left,,,heading straight for on coming traffic , which just happen to be a Dodge RAM pickup truck. So I went quickly back to the right just missing the truck as they locked up their brakes. So now I'm headed back toward the sign, still upright and sparking, that has been trying so hard to kill me.Now I'm headed for the side of the road which lucky for me( and I didn't know at the time) had no guard rails, just a little gravel and some grass and trees. I got on both brakes as hard as I could figuring I was gonna get hit and figured if I hit it I might be lucky enough to be ejected over it. I'll never forget watching that sign go flying right in front of me(my headlights lit it up...it still had letters on it) and catching my front wheel.It ejected me.I landed in the grass and the bike cartwheeled to a stop and landed on top of me. All I remember is myself moaning "I'm still alive" & the scream of motorcycle engines coming back my way.(my friend said all he could see when he looked back was my head light go all over the place disappear.They figured I was dead) One of my best friends stopped to make sure I was alive and then took off while the other guys lifted the bike off me and called 911. What I didn't know at the time is the guy that lost the sign had stopped a little further down the road, and my buddy had caught up him.He was literally getting ready to kill the guy he was so upset ( he's a former Green Beret), when a State Trooper pulls up wondering whats going on. My friend tries to explain but at this point we are about 1/4 mile apart. The Trooper calls in a motorcycle accident. I was right between counties ,so needless to say 3 different companies came. Fire engine, Sheriffs, volunteers,Troopers and ambulances and none of them could find me cuz it was pitch dark . So there I lay hoping one of my friends can flag someone down. Luckily the guy that I almost ran into with the RAM turns around , found me and parked his truck in the middle of the lane with his flashers on.Everyone on scene couldn't believe i was alive not to mention coherent and talking like nothing happened. They figured I was in shock, but I can just remember thinking I couldn't believe I was alive and OK . I didn't realize how bad things were. Here's the kicker . The guy who lost the sign wouldn't admit that he lost anything out of his truck & my friends really didn't see what happened.At this point I was trying to explain to the troopers what had happen. When I told them it was a sign they looked at me like I was crazy. All I could hear was chatter back and forth on the walkie talkies .After about 15 minutes I heard " Hey we have a restarant sign down here in the trees". When the Trooper (female trooper) said"sir would you like to admit this is yours or are we gonna do this the hard way?" , his response was" Fine , its mine, can I just have my ticket so I can go home?"The trooper was pissed. She told him it would be a long time before he got home after all the tickets she was going to write him and that he was lucky he wasn't going to jail for homicide. He never came down to check on me...nothing. To make things worse the bike only had 800 miles on it and this guy had no insurance and not a penny to his name. It was the first time I ever had to sue someone and I never got a dime.All my medical bills have been paid by me. I could have 2 Ferraris sitting in my garage for all the surgeries Ive had .I brkoe me C3 & C4 and have a chunk of bone wedged against my spinal chord, but it doesn't seem to be causing problems, so its gonna stay .I can walk and move just fine now without any weakness, but there was nerve damage to my occipital nerve and it causes excruciating pain to my head ear and eye, almost every day. I've been having surgeries but they only give minor relief. My doctors are working now on getting me into the Cleveland Clinic to see if they can do anything. My left shoulder was so destroyed the team of doctors that worked on it said they'd never seen anything like it and can't believe I have full use of it. I worked extremely hard in therapy to get use of it back. Every once in a while it will catch and hurt, but other then a gnarly scar you'd never know. So that stopped my racing career. I put the bike back together as I was healing . I was cathartic for me I guess . I just finished putting up a new state of the art work shop to build cars and bikes. I think I'm gonna hang it from the ceiling.For some reason I can't part with it .I was wearing all my gear from the best Arai helmet $ could by right down to Alpinestars boots.Sure its hot and you might look like a douche but it saved my life. I kept it all as a reminder.For all that went wrong that night , I consider myself very lucky. My family's business has kept some money coming in for me and my wife has stood by me through it all.So even though I'm still in a lot of pain I still consider myself lucky.This was over 10 years ago. Sorry for the long story . There's more I could tell but maybe another time. I bought the bike as a left over. It was originally blue. I thought about putting it back to its original state , but I figured something special was called for.You can let it beat you or you can keep pushing , I'll keep pushing on The Trooper came to see me in the hospital.We never actually met that night cuz she was reaming the guy out that lost the sign.She was really cool.Even showed up to court for me. She said when my friend said I was down on the side of the road she was sure I'd be dead.Motorcycle calls are usually never good. I think every emergency worker came over to me that night and put their hand on me and thanked god I was still alive. It was surreal. I still talk to some of the first responders because I have a friend who is a State Trooper who knows some of them
Omg.... Im so glad you are alive!
Appreciate 0