E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > 2006 325i - tints and headlight help!!!!!

10-25-2011, 05:16 PM   #1
revelone29
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Garage List
2008 BMW 535xi  [0.00]
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
2006 325i - tints and headlight help!!!!!

Hello everyone -

New to the forum.. Created an account to get some insight for the gfs ride.

1 - Im taking her car (and my car to get re-tinted) to get tinted this weekend. Are there any complications (tint scratching, felt problems, etc...) putting them on? I read a few problems reported by a few users here but seems really rare, just looking for some tips if any... My guy uses Llumar film btw.

2 - HEADLIGHTS!!!! Her bulb went out the other day and I swapped it last night.. she has factory halogen headlights/bulbs and it doesn't mean anything to her, they are just headlights (doesn't understand that you can't drive a BMW w/ out xenon/hids/projectors), but I'd like to get her some a dope set. Recommendations, difficulty???

Thanks for the feedback everyone.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 08:34 PM   #2
ceb
NHTSA Nazi
Rep
Drives: 335ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelone29 View Post
Hello everyone -

New to the forum.. Created an account to get some insight for the gfs ride.

1 - Im taking her car (and my car to get re-tinted) to get tinted this weekend. Are there any complications (tint scratching, felt problems, etc...) putting them on? I read a few problems reported by a few users here but seems really rare, just looking for some tips if any... My guy uses Llumar film btw.

2 - HEADLIGHTS!!!! Her bulb went out the other day and I swapped it last night.. she has factory halogen headlights/bulbs and it doesn't mean anything to her, they are just headlights (doesn't understand that you can't drive a BMW w/ out xenon/hids/projectors), but I'd like to get her some a dope set. Recommendations, difficulty???

Thanks for the feedback everyone.
You'll need moleskin for the windows to prevent scratching. If the tinter doesn't know about moleskin and the 3 series then you need a new tinter.
Appreciate 0