E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > BMW reflash

12-17-2007, 03:13 PM   #23
judec
born to be turbocharged
Slovakia
Rep
Drives: Not a bimmer yet

rumors like this exists since the first 335i was released in fall 2006

Appreciate 0
      12-17-2007, 03:26 PM   #24
omg516
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e90 335i

Whats the source on the March date?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2007, 05:07 PM   #25
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

BMW R&D had several tuned variants of the N54 they were evaluating before settling on the production version. Their overwhelming priority is reliability. The last thing they wanted was for the new tt technology to start out with a black eye. Hence the rapid and comprehensive response to customers with any engine failures.

I was a bit surprised by the Dinan flash. That may indicate that BMW has decided to distance itself from such tunes, letting Dinan take the PR heat for any associated problems. Make no mistake, no way Dinan could do this on their own.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2007, 06:27 PM   #26
Dr_Dirt
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i 6AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc View Post
BMW R&D had several tuned variants of the N54 they were evaluating before settling on the production version. Their overwhelming priority is reliability. The last thing they wanted was for the new tt technology to start out with a black eye. Hence the rapid and comprehensive response to customers with any engine failures.

I was a bit surprised by the Dinan flash. That may indicate that BMW has decided to distance itself from such tunes, letting Dinan take the PR heat for any associated problems. Make no mistake, no way Dinan could do this on their own.
That would be an interesting position for BMW to take, I guess we will have to wait until March to see if BMW passes on the performance software...

However, I think BMW will still offer the performance software as it is a super easy way for them to build revenue. BMW could also remind us that its a good idea to buy the extended warranty (~$3500)if we had not done so already. I passed on buying the extended warranty because they said that the "original owner" may purchase it before the standard warranty runs out.
Appreciate 0