E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Well, this is a goodbye to E90.

09-17-2014, 11:36 AM   #45
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender rodriguez View Post
160 miles a day? Let me guess you live in a cheaper state and drive to the state you work? That's crazy tho..

You should look at AAA plat I think its like 150 a year but comes with 200 mile tows.
No, same state. Live in a cabin in the woods....

It's a very nice cabin though, on 40 acres. And a car lift, so what's not to like?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 11:49 AM   #46
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithe90 View Post
Could be, we have a TON of road dirt and debris even in the suburbs. The road conditions here are definitely not helping. Hell I hit what was essentially a speed bump on the highway going like 60mph a few days ago! That was crazy. The caddy is a very nice car. Maybe you can get one and keep your BMW as a car to enjoy on the weekends. Some might say an E90 would never be a special weekend car but its truly all about what matters to you and how that car makes you feel.
That is the plan. I will slowly resurrect the E90 and get some of the miles out of it: new windshield, new clutch, new engine gaskets, new floor mats, have the paint wet-sanded and rebuffed, stuff like that.

The F30 didn't do anything for me (sorry). I had one for a week and I had the ATS for week almost back to back with each other. Both loaners. I've driven an F30 320i w/sport package too, and wasn't enamored with it either. the ATS is an excellent handling car, which is my main priority. Everyone likes the N20 better than the 2.0T in the Caddy, but I like the Caddy motor better, it feels more alive to me. The CUE is a PIA when you spend a short time with it, but the car I have an eye on doesn't have CUE and I don't want it (I didn't get I drive in the E90 either). Anyway, I'm blabbering. Good luck with the F30.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 03:03 PM   #47
Nalod
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i

Nice car!!! Good luck. I leased for years and loved the new car every 3 yrs and no worries.

Im in the used cycle and don't worry about repairs. No payments and I drive 6-8k miles per year now.

No right or wrong here. Each generation the cars lose more soul but get better. Thats what each previous generation owners says about the new ones! E46 owners though the E9x was crap!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 04:06 PM   #48
BMRSEB
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 SR+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
No, same state. Live in a cabin in the woods....

It's a very nice cabin though, on 40 acres. And a car lift, so what's not to like?
Guys.. He has a lift, road trip to his cabin for repairs!!!!

Wish you lived closer, I would be there monthly..
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 05:16 PM   #49
wren57
Roll Tide
Rep
Drives: 335i

In May I bought a family member's Porsche and replaced the plugs/coils and transmission valve body before selling it. None of them had failed but were close, and it was the right thing to do. I wouldn't be able to sleep well at night knowing I had just sent a car with latent defects into the marketplace where someone will end up buying it and then soon after have to pay thousands of dollars themselves. Scumbag move IMO.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 05:43 PM   #50
smithf80
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wren57 View Post
In May I bought a family member's Porsche and replaced the plugs/coils and transmission valve body before selling it. None of them had failed but were close, and it was the right thing to do. I wouldn't be able to sleep well at night knowing I had just sent a car with latent defects into the marketplace where someone will end up buying it and then soon after have to pay thousands of dollars themselves. Scumbag move IMO.

Thanks for your opinion but I really don't appreciate you calling me a scumbag.

I had already done a ton of maintenance on this car that the next person won't have to worry about.

I did plugs, coils, valve cover gasket, air filter, cabin filter, ps fluid flush, coolant flush, rotors, etc....

Also any smart and RESPONSIBLE car buyer is going to have a PPI done on a used car they are looking at so any good mechanic will be able to easily spot these issues. As far as I'm concerned I've done nothing wrong. It doesn't make sense to fix it all and then trade it in, I mean really.

09-17-2014, 05:59 PM   #51
Bob Shiftright
Save The Manuals!
Rep
Drives: E91 Schleppwagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post

THIS (I should talk, we're #1!)
2008 E91 36K, 6-speed, RWD, Alpine, Terra, Xenons, ZSP, ZCW, ZPP, PDC, CA, alarm, M shifter and M brake handle, Euro rear fog light switch, Euro aspheric mirrors, rear power outlets, Euro split armrest, Lidatek, remote V-1, Cocomats, beach sand, $10 clutch stop mod. 1998 Volvo V70T5 226K, 5-speed, original clutch (third clutch pedal!), aspheric driver's mirror, E-code headlights, IPD sway bar, strut tower brace & skidplate.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 06:05 PM   #52
wren57
Roll Tide
Rep

There's a difference between being a scumbag and being a good person that makes a scumbag move. I don't know you beyond this one act, so I'm just saying it's a scumbag move. The simple fact is someone is going to buy this car and within a few months have to pay several thousand dollars for repairs. And your response is "buyer beware." That's just not something I could do to someone else and sleep well with.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 06:22 PM   #53
parabola
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 VW GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by wren57
There's a difference between being a scumbag and being a good person that makes a scumbag move. I don't know you beyond this one act, so I'm just saying it's a scumbag move. The simple fact is someone is going to buy this car and within a few months have to pay several thousand dollars for repairs. And your response is "buyer beware." That's just not something I could do to someone else and sleep well with.
I could care less about a car that I trade in to some dealership, it could be basically falling apart. They lowball you on your trade-in for a reason.
If I was selling car privately, I'd be little more upfront with the buyer.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 06:29 PM   #54
smithf80
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
Quote:
The funny thing is I have a high set of morals, almost to a fault. I would tell someone easily not to buy this car if I could meet the next owner but I'm hoping they get a PPI done and just get it cheap enough that the repairs don't matter. Theres a reason the dealerships offer almost nothing for these.

As a businessman theres plenty of things that would make me not able to sleep at night. I'm the kind of person who gets a phone to fix, realize its a loose cable and will just give it back and say it was free whereas some will just charge the regular price for crap like that.... just to give you an idea of what kind of person I am
      09-17-2014, 09:42 PM   #55
kfrazie1
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Most reputable dealerships fix these issues if traded in so its really not something anyone should lose sleep over. And, like already stated, a PPI should always be done when buying from a private party. Its the buyer's responsibility to conduct his due dilegence to protect himself. If he deliberately lied or tried to hide these necessary repairs than he would be a scumbag but this is not the case imo.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 10:48 PM   #56
glachhman
Banned
Rep
Drives: '07 335i e90

I think OP made a good decision here since its an aging platform & it wasn't all that special of a car. Only mistake OP made was going into another 328
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 11:36 PM   #57
PureE92
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92

nice car mang. now you just gotta let me do a couple burn outs in it to test it out hueh
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2014, 07:48 AM   #58
MiniXP
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 335i, 06 X5 3.0

Quote:
There's a difference between selling to an individual with undisclosed issues and trading into a dealer that knows all of the issues. I fully expect the dealer would fix the issues with the car before selling it or just auction the car off. It's really on the dealer to fix the issues, not the person trading it in. Plus the dealers love getting cars that have issues. They can lowball their offer and turn a profit when they resell and they also sell you a new car.
      09-18-2014, 10:35 AM   #59
BMWs4ever
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i

Garage List
2001.5 Passat GLX V6  [10.00]
2007 328i  [10.00]
All cars need maintenance after they have been used for some time. Congrats on the new car but remember even after you use your new car you will find yourself back with the same situation. The question I always ask myself when this happens is do I like the car enough that I am willing to keep putting money into it to keep it on the road. The cost to fix it may be 1 or 2 months payment of a new car which is a lot better then a 4 year loan :-)
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2014, 05:17 PM   #60
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Shiftright View Post
THIS (I should talk, we're #1!)
Not sure where you're going with this....
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2014, 05:18 PM   #61
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRSEB View Post
Guys.. He has a lift, road trip to his cabin for repairs!!!!

Wish you lived closer, I would be there monthly..
The converstaion would be great... the lift rental fee would kill ya.

And it's BYOAT (Bring Your Own Air Tools)
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2014, 06:04 PM   #62
DOMs335D
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 1991 318is; 2017 M2

Garage List
1991 BMW 318is  [0.00]
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW 335is  [0.00]
you picked a nice F30. I hope it brings you as much joy as the E90. Both are sexy cars
Appreciate 0