E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > How often do you get asked to race?

08-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #45
Amini77
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White '13 550i

Garage List
2013 BMW 550i  [0.00]
I beat everyone off the line with xi, for example this old couple at the light yesterday..She pulls up next to me in a 2012 camry...yes i know 2012!!!! She glanced at me (a common sign that she wants to race) and usually I don't do this to Toyotas but she was asking for it. Both her and her husband rolled up their windows to turn the a/c on (another hint). So I reved the engine just to make sure they were ready for my hellfire. This WOMAN even pulled up a little ahead of me! I shit you not..at least 1 foot...cheater..i know right? I didn't mind it at first but I got furious I started bursting out swear words almost crying out the window but she couldn't hear me. I. was. that. angry, man. So I threw it in DS, than to M1, honked the horn 3 times...the light turned green and I took off...Never saw her again (probably hiding from embarrassment). Well buddy that was my first stoplight race I won...Call me old fashion, Otruba..but when life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 09:53 PM   #46
Otruba_843
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90330xiSG View Post
I beat everyone off the line with xi, for example this old couple at the light yesterday..She pulls up next to me in a 2012 camry...yes i know 2012!!!! She glanced at me (a common sign that she wants to race) and usually I don't do this to Toyotas but she was asking for it. Both her and her husband rolled up their windows to turn the a/c on (another hint). So I reved the engine just to make sure they were ready for my hellfire. This WOMAN even pulled up a little ahead of me! I shit you not..at least 1 foot...cheater..i know right? I didn't mind it at first but I got furious I started bursting out swear words almost crying out the window but she couldn't hear me. I. was. that. angry, man. So I threw it in DS, than to M1, honked the horn 3 times...the light turned green and I took off...Never saw her again (probably hiding from embarrassment). Well buddy that was my first stoplight race I won...Call me old fashion, Otruba..but when life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
A camry? really I guess its considered a ricer. I'm just really fed up with these prepnecks. Not to mention the kid that straight piped his 2 door dakota sport from the early 90's and does not know how to drive a stick that drives through my neighborhood every damn day.
      08-11-2012, 09:57 PM   #47
atl530i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i/1995 BMW 525i5

Garage List
Quote:

It doesn't matter if you win by an inch, or by a mile. Winning is winning! (Even with the A/C on)

2007 E90 328i - 1995 E34 540i6 M Sport - 1991 318is w/s50 swap sold
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 10:00 PM   #48
manutdas11
EL JIMMY NEURON
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

Quote:

I'm literally dying of laughter on the floor.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 10:21 PM   #49
Amini77
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White '13 550i

Garage List
2013 BMW 550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otruba_843 View Post
A camry? really I guess its considered a ricer. I'm just really fed up with these prepnecks. Not to mention the kid that straight piped his 2 door dakota sport from the early 90's and does not know how to drive a stick that drives through my neighborhood every damn day.
Hah but yea seriously now, don't worry about those people. They're usually the ones who end up recking their car because of their own stupidity. wooow that reminds me of this black dude with a chopper in my neighborhood blasting his koon music and pushing his bike to the near limit around 1 am...in fact other day I saw he had some family with a straight up ghetto-mobile turned candy green with hydraulics -_______- it's not early 2000s anymore...people are over that crap. Keep in mind I too live in the nice area of the city...they just happen to be well-off low lives. Like I said though, ignore them..one day they're going to regret their assholeness lol can't think of a better word.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 10:38 PM   #50
Otruba_843
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hah but yea seriously now, don't worry about those people. They're usually the ones who end up recking their car because of their own stupidity. wooow that reminds me of this black dude with a chopper in my neighborhood blasting his koon music and pushing his bike to the near limit around 1 am...in fact other day I saw he had some family with a straight up ghetto-mobile turned candy green with hydraulics -_______- it's not early 2000s anymore...people are over that crap. Keep in mind I too live in the nice area of the city...they just happen to be well-off low lives. Like I said though, ignore them..one day they're going to regret their assholeness lol can't think of a better word.
hahahahahahah koon music
      08-11-2012, 11:19 PM   #51
jvsxn
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e-ninety

You dirty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
That made me chuckle...

my only experience with racing was a cute ass girl in an SS Camaro (new body 2011 - 2012).

we had a little fun but nothing drastic. as I pulled away and let off, she kept going and zoomed by, with a wave.

but i initiated it.
      08-11-2012, 11:28 PM   #52
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
hahahahahahah koon music

sorry had too,

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 10:41 AM   #53
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

I want to hear more teen racing stories.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 10:51 AM   #54
Mark_K
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335i 6MT ZSP

Never. Where I "race" they can't keep up to save their life. Where they race, I drive speed limit (on straights and Interstates).

Only once a guy in a Porsche was behind me with no problems of keeping up and stayed behind even when I hinted he can pass if he wanted on a rare straight section (I usually lift there anyway, no point of going fast). Then we split at the first traffic light out of the woods with a nice honk and a wave.

I guess different kind of "racing" attracts very different people

Last edited by Mark_K; 08-12-2012 at 10:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 11:04 AM   #55
chaz_master
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i E92 6MT

So is "koon" not a racist remark in America then?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #56
Otruba_843
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post

I want to hear more teen racing stories.
Oh im sure I will have more with all the stupid ass kids in my town. If only I had a modded car, im bone stock! ......... You give me some money for mods and im sure I will have some great stories, my job doesn't pay enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz_master View Post
So is "koon" not a racist remark in America then?
Dont even go there, thats a whole nother thread that I don't want to go into
      08-12-2012, 12:45 PM   #57
chaz_master
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i E92 6MT

Quote:
Oh im sure I will have more with all the stupid ass kids in my town. If only I had a modded car, im bone stock! ......... You give me some money for mods and im sure I will have some great stories, my job doesn't pay enough

I hear it's still a popular term in your southern states, but I thought it was widely recognised as being a racist slang term for a black person when used in such a way. Not something that is very appropriate on a public forum I would have thought.

I'm not black, I just find it strange that someone can freely make a comment like that on a BMW forum with only an applause as a response.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 01:36 PM   #58
Otruba_843
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz_master
Quote:

I hear it's still a popular term in your southern states, but I thought it was widely recognised as being a racist slang term for a black person when used in such a way. Not something that is very appropriate on a public forum I would have thought.

I'm not black, I just find it strange that someone can freely make a comment like that on a BMW forum with only an applause as a response.
Believe me I was just as shocked as you were

Last edited by Otruba_843; 08-12-2012 at 02:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 02:08 AM   #59
calicolorado
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Comp 6-spd

Garage List
2015 BMW M5   [0.00]
1972 BMW 200/  [0.00]
2020 BMW X7 40i  [0.00]
Hey, don't worry about anything someone else says or thinks about you or your car. NONE of that kind of shit matters in life, trust me. Don't ever be goaded or pressured into racing someone-that's more "sage" advice I can give. Life is fragile and you really can lose it all so fast, you won't believe it even as it's happening. I went belly up in my first car at 17 years old and the cliche' about it being in slow motion is true. I had a 1986 VW GTI with two friends inside as I lost the back end around a curve after hitting a big mid corner hump. We went up a hillside, then flipped onto the roof. My friend in the back hadn't fastened his seat belt, but had not a scratch. My buddy in the passenger seat had his arm scraped to hell as the roof buckled over. It was a miracle no one was really hurt and I think of that whenever I get that urge to push it. Be careful, OP, you have lots of life to live. I may sound like Gramps, but I'm not-34, married with a 1-y/o daughter and a mortgage. Learn to properly enjoy your car and life is good
2011 Highlander 4WD
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 03:19 AM   #60
JMX328
Insert Something Witty.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i

Here and there. Oddly enough, it's usually some piece of crap car that stands zero chances against most cars, much less a Bimmer.

A few weeks ago on my drive home from the office, a beat to crap Civic was revving its engine with the driver (some guy around my age - early 20s) looking over with a "let's go!" look on his face... I wear business professional at work, so I guess they think I'm just some stiff that doesn't actually use my Bimmer how it was built...

Let's just say I put him in his place.

It's fun here and there (usually from a stop light, or around areas where merging lanes are on highways), but I generally won't actually race a comparable car. I don't feel like getting a ticket for doing some insane speed just to prove myself. Plus, I respect cars that are comparable to Bimmers. I'd rather cruise along with them than try to beat them.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 04:48 AM   #61
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
I've never been asked to race... but I've had some fun with people on open roads. A lot of mutual respect; I'll never drive along someone who is trying to pick a fight with me (road rage) or some idiot ricer. Mainly Infinitis/other 3ers/Audis who just want to drive and have fun. To be honest, I get more compliments on my car. Everyone (including a BUNCH of 335 drivers always tried to taunt me when I had my Infiniti). With the 3er, its more compliments and conversation followed by some fun. I just hate the ricers and SUV drivers who think they are king of the road...

I actually saw a CLS63 and an M6 go at it a couple nights ago right in front of me. I didn't try to catch up to them... But, the guy in the CLS really knew how to drive... guy in the M6 was all over the double yellow. If you are going to drive fast... at least know your limits and don't endanger others...

I know this is going a bit off topic, but it's late and I'm ranting a bit I guess. I was driving to get some coffee at night a few weeks ago. Someone in an older mustang pulled up to me at a light and started revving. I didn't do anything. Guy in front of me turned, so I had open road... Mustang was behind someone and kept trying to catch up to me. I was driving the speed limit... maybe 5mph over (40mph). Suddenly I see that the Mustang isn't following me anymore. On the way home, I took the same route, only to find the same mustang smashed in between two parked cars on the side of the road... he spun out trying to catch up to me after I had passed him...

I'm from LA though... so there are plenty of supercars out there. Usually just young rich kids who don't know the value of their car. (and I'm not trying to be a hypocrite here.. I am young, but I respect everything I've been given and everything I've worked for. I know a lot more about my car and take much better care of what I have then most all of my friends with comparable or more expensive automobiles and the such)
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust

Last edited by SaMaster14; 08-15-2012 at 04:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 07:56 AM   #62
Astephens94
Slightly modified...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [6.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by atl530i View Post

It doesn't matter if you win by an inch, or by a mile. Winning is winning! (Even with the A/C on)

Yes!
      08-15-2012, 08:53 AM   #63
Otruba_843
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
Everyone (including a BUNCH of 335 drivers always tried to taunt me when I had my Infiniti).
You mean like this This video is so stupid but funny I had to post it
      08-15-2012, 09:24 AM   #64
JustinGTP
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '13 MINI Paceman JCW

It's always better to drive a fast car slow than a slow car fast.
'09 LCI 335i E90 in BSM over Oyster Dakota Leather, Manual, Sport, Navigation, Individual Audiophile, Executive, Active Steering, JB4 + MHD BEF, 335is Exhaust w/AWE Tuning Tips, AFE DCI, Euro Tails/Fog Light Switch, various painted and other OEM + mods, 19" M5 reps summer
'13 MINI Cooper S Paceman JCW R61in Light White & Black Roof/Mirror Caps/Sport Stripes, Loaded + Rare
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 09:42 AM   #65
cuiter23
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87 M2 6Spd

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [6.00]
Quote:
You mean like this This video is so stupid but funny I had to post it
Lol this video is hilarious!
[SOLD] 2007 E90 328i - Titanium Metallic l 19" VMR V710 l H&R Trak+ Spacers l M-Sport Rear Bumper l Mtech Rear Lip Spoiler l Hamann Front Lip l Eibach Sportline l AA N52 Signature Exhaust l OEM Blacklines l MTEC V3 AE l 6000K HID l Nokya 7000K Fogs l MTEC License Plate LED l Interior LED l 15% Tint l BlackVue DR380G-HD + PMP
2023 G87 M2 6Spd - HEA Package | OEM M Performance Carbon Wing
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 10:31 AM   #66
AW335OME
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E90 M3, F80 M3

every drive is a race

Appreciate 0