E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Dual Cone Filters with JB+

08-08-2009, 11:21 PM   #45
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

The tests are pretty clear to me.... Much more accurate than people just talking out of there butts without any data to back it up. Threads like these are useful because it provides independent test results from real world experiences.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2009, 02:49 AM   #46
R1000K3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD135i View Post
I see a couple people being disrespectful here and it isn't the vendor.

Why is it you guys need to defend your positions by being so aggressive? You don't win an argument by being an ahole.

Anyway, from what I gather... the guys arguing against the DCI are the ones that have never used it. Get some experience with the mod then make a judgement. I don't hear a lot of guys that own DCI's saying "OMG Its so hot that I had to put my stock airbox back on."

Shrug, to each their own. Personally, I love my DCI and have no intentions of going back to the stock box.
+1
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2009, 04:25 AM   #47
Big Tom
Banned
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 335i n54 e92 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
What are you talking about? Each run was started with matching IAT and oil temperatures according to the thread, around 100 degrees IAT, hood closed, with 30mph fan. The results are pretty clear and also match Mr. 5's results. If you want to run your stock airbox that is great but you are leaving some serious HP on the table and working your turbos harder.

Mike
1. Yes, each run was started with matching IAT and oil temeratures.
That means that the engine was well and truly cooled down between each run to get the temeratures to match again for the next run.
Then he picked the best result from each configuration.
How you can perform a test like that to prove the consistent power, is a big mystery for me...

The only way to show the consistent power is to perfom the test like this:
Perform 3 WOT runs with each configuration, without any resting or cooling down between each run.
Then take a look a the curves.

If the curves shows almost the same power in all of the three runs, without any bigger differences, you got a consistent power delivery.

If the curves shows a big power drop between the first and 3rd run, you got a non consistent power delivery.

2. I don't run with my stock airbox, I have a heat shield around my DCI's who gets cold air from the OEM air scoop.
And the cooling effect from this is proven.

I leave this discussion now, and continue enjoying my cold, high flowing DCI's.

Last edited by Big Tom; 08-09-2009 at 05:09 AM..
Appreciate 0