E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > these coilovers?

02-02-2012, 03:25 AM   #23
Cozy
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

It looks like I'm going to have to go with the Weitecs at least as AP don't list for the E93. I'm guessing putting E92 suspension on an E93 will be awful due to the mismatched spring rates and being unable to cope with a heavier rear axle?

Also, how do you search eBay for results in German that translate the price into GBP like in Mr Singh's link?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Singh View Post
AP - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AP-Gewinde...item1c0f0f3ff6 You might get them little cheaper if you make an offer. Even at the price they have on the buy it now thats over £100+ cheaper than UK retailers!!

Last edited by Cozy; 02-02-2012 at 03:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 07:56 AM   #24
Giff
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

These look a lot like the "Raceland" Chinese coilovers, a pretty shitty damper inside a threaded tube to mount the spring platforms.
The also have the same product labelled as a number or different makes.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2012, 03:16 AM   #25
Mike oxlong
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335d A M Sport highline

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJay View Post
It looks like I'm going to have to go with the Weitecs at least as AP don't list for the E93. I'm guessing putting E92 suspension on an E93 will be awful due to the mismatched spring rates and being unable to cope with a heavier rear axle?

Also, how do you search eBay for results in German that translate the price into GBP like in Mr Singh's link?
What did you decide on in the end jay? I'm in pretty much the same boat as you now
      03-01-2012, 03:33 AM   #26
Cozy
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike oxlong View Post
What did you decide on in the end jay? I'm in pretty much the same boat as you now
Hi Mike,

Well, I've kind of gone in another direction totally. Having looked at the rear of my car I think that I'm quite happy with the way the rear wheels sit in the arches, with spacers this should be perfect, even more so when I change to some 19's. The front however, unladen with fat people, looks too high so I've opted for some Supreme Power spring perches. These are a deeper top spring perch which allows the spring to seat further inside it, lowering the body of the car without affecting suspension travel too much. Reviews in the U.S. are promising and at £75ish, a bargain in comparison. I quite like how tight the M-Sport suspension feels so that's ok for me, bigger ARBs & LSD would help out as would they with any suspension, I guess it just depends on how low you want to go.

I'm just waiting for the spring perches to be delivered, I hoped to fit this weekend but they are backed up in UK Customs so the end of March is looking more feasable.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 04:19 PM   #27
NJ 1161
Major
Rep
Drives: 335D M3

Interesting reading.

Would these be ok for a 335d e92.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AP-Gewinde...3dee4b7ad#shId

Does the kit only lower 20-40mm??
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 05:57 PM   #28
pretendporsche
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2003 E46M3, 2008 E92 335i

From experience of virtually all of the coilovers listed in previous posts, there is only one which i would spend any of my money on for a daily ride... Bilstein pss9's, honestly they are the effing tits.

Its the expensive coilovers that are capable of performing on our shit roads in the uk, dont be mislead into thinking they are only worthy of the track, any shite can do that.

If you have a decent car, put decent coilovers on it, and if you cant afford it, wait till you can or dont bother.

For reference, weitec and ap do come from the same factory as Kw, but as someone rightly said, they are just made from cheaper materials, the locking rings on Kw's are a dream though!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 06:01 PM   #29
m1bjr
LSD - No, you're not seeing things
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Baby F36 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretendporsche View Post
Its the expensive coilovers that are capable of performing on our shit roads in the uk, dont be mislead into thinking they are only worthy of the track, any shite can do that.
If only it were that simple.
      03-21-2012, 06:29 PM   #30
pretendporsche
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2003 E46M3, 2008 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1bjr View Post
If only it were that simple.
fair one.. point was, coilovers struggle on uk roads with the often un predictable surfaces, that the majority of the time you dont have on a track!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 02:56 AM   #31
Mike oxlong
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Has anyone considered Eibach Pro Street-S coilovers? Same stainless strut as KW (made by KW) but with a slightly more comfortable Eibach spring , for £720.

Click here

Last edited by Mike oxlong; 03-22-2012 at 03:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 04:23 PM   #32
Mike oxlong
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235797

The Eibachs are a softer spring as shown above. Does seem to get good reviews about comfort, they will be stiffer naturally over stock setup. Don't take springs rates as gospel though, the inner construction pays a big part of comfort too.

Search over in the suspension section there's quite a few threads on Eibach coilies!
cheers for that Mr Singh, think I'm sold! gonna order them soon. I think for the price they sound really good.
      03-22-2012, 05:52 PM   #33
parapaul
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235797

The Eibachs are a softer spring as shown above. Does seem to get good reviews about comfort, they will be stiffer naturally over stock setup. Don't take springs rates as gospel though, the inner construction pays a big part of comfort too.

Search over in the suspension section there's quite a few threads on Eibach coilies!
Amazed how close the Eibachs are to the OE spring rates